17.12.07

ABC Wednesday,,,,,,,,,,V is for ....Very special blessing from the Bishop of Whitby


A Photo a Day
The Bishop of Whitby and me





On Sunday we were at the Village Carol Service.
The Bishop of Whitby kindly wrote the following blessing for the readers of my blog.
Blessings can't come any better than this!

Very Special Blessings........we most certainly have them here!
I have slightly editted this post, as I feel it s such a wonderful opportunity to share what Christmas is all about....and having the Bishop of Whitby on my friendship list is something I want to share, with my many contacts all over the globe, so Very Very much!



50 comments:

CG said...

Thanks for sharing the wonderful blessing Denise!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful that he has given us the blessing for the Christmas season.

Marie x

dot said...

Very nice blessing and picture!

Blue Panther said...

Thanks for sharing the blessing.

Have a great week ahead!

Shammickite said...

How nice, thanks for sharing this special blessing. The Bishop looks like a friendly soul.

Sandy Kessler said...

Thanks Bishop and thee

Andrea said...

My biggest and best blessing was God healing my daughter of brain cancer this year. We need to count our blessings.

Argument Cottage said...

how wonderful Denise you really have a great network of friends supporting you!
maria
xxx

SandyCarlson said...

Thanks for this! This is wonderful. God bless.

imac said...

Wheres your hat???
haha


nice photo and how kind of the Bishop.


Urban Jungle post 4 now up.

Julie said...

Thank you for sharing the Bishop's blessing Denise. How are you feeling this evening? ;)

Flassie's Fil'a said...

Oh, Thank You for sharing
the Blessing with Us Bishop
and Denise!!!

Have a Merry Blessed Christmas
and a Happy Blessed New Year!!!

I'm still sewing gifts.
Check out my Mumblina I made
for my dgrd, when you have a
chance.
I'll have a lot of catching up
to do here. Hope Your Well!!!

Have a Blessed Month!!!

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

It must be grayte to be bishop of Whitby. I bet he gets to eat all the Whitby ginger cayke he wants.

Yum, slurp.

:@}

ChrisJ said...

Such a great photo of you and the Bishop and such a wonderful blessing. Love and blessings to all you Yorkshire folk for Christmas Just a week away, and I just got my decorations up.

photowannabe said...

The Blessing is most appreciated and your picture is great.
I count my blessings every day.

Sheila said...

He looks like a very approachable man. It was nice for him to take the time to do that.
loved your Christmas card in the previous post BTW..
Merry christmas to you and Jon.

Akelamalu said...

How very lovely, thanks for sharing that Denise. xxxx

Kerri Farley said...

How beautiful! Such a special post!!!

Digital Flower Pictures said...

Now I really do feel blessed!

Have a Great Christmas!

Annie said...

Please tell the Vicar, er Bishop, that I send blessings to him as well. And to you, too, Dx.

Hin Man said...

A great blessing to see your post. You look wonderful in the picture.

I am starting to worry a lot about ABC Wednesday frequent member WalksFarWoman and I can't find her blog post and she seems to disappear and her blog has been deleted in wordpress, I am praying earnestly that she is well. I hope that you know about the whereabout of WalksFarWoman, one of my very admired friends. Merry Christmas to you and your family

Oswegan said...

Have a nice Wednesday.

~Oswegan

DigitalShutterMania said...

Mrsnesbitt,

Thanks very big for sharing the excellent blessing.

Cheers
DSM

Outhouse Capital of Canada said...

I didn't see the bishop when I was there last year, I walked up the steps to the abbey and walked into St Marys church with all those individual pews, I suppose from in there, you can only see the preacher on the pulpit.
When I was a kid and visited my grandma in Acklam, we used to go to Linthorpe Road Methodist on Sundays.

hpy said...

It's very kind of you to share that with us. Thank you!

Rune Eide said...

I hope you (and your dogs) where well and truly blessed!

Anonymous said...

AMEN, Denise! That was Very, Very special indeed! Deb :)

Claire said...

i can comment today so i'm racing around leaving little sprinkles of glitter as i go - and receiving abundant blessings in return :o) warm mulled hugs and mistletoe kisses, mrs n xxxx

Gerry Hatrić said...

Thanks for sharing the blessing. We went to my youngest daughter's school carol service this morning (she's 9) - it was so cute and very moving.

Jim Baker said...

hmmm... can you retype what he wrote? i'm struggling to read it... great abc though.

merry christmas.

jim baker

mrsnesbitt said...

Jim,

"At the Waterwheel Inn at Liverton, we have joined together for the Village Carol Service.We've heard again the story about the birth of Jesus into our world.Our prayers for you all is that the love and peace of the Christchild may be with you; that the world may hear this message of Peace, Love and Justice for everyone around the world."

Robert, Bishop of Whitby.

Jim Baker said...

thanks for retyping it... i'm having problems viewing some peoples pictures too, we need to talk to blogger about this, i thought it was just because i'm at work and the server was blocking certain pics... grrrr

jim baker

Jean M Fogle said...

I feel blessed!

Lilli & Nevada said...

What a beautiful blessing.

Thanks for the kind post on my blog for our loss.

Jim Baker said...

i reposted the pictures in two different posts...

jim baker

Anonymous said...

Happy holidays Mrs Nesbitt.

Neva said...

What an awesome event! What a lucky girl you are!

imac said...

Hi Mrs Nesbitt, when I tried to get my name on ABC it would not post until the 3rd time, then when I checked it was there 3 times.

Ive had 1-2 peeps say my link on the page for ABC to link me does not work, ive tried it and it doesnt work.????

Max-e said...

Hi Denise
What a special post. Thanks for that.
All the best
Max

Mike's Travels said...

Oooh, I see you are getting on famously with the Bish!
This I Do...

Pete M said...

A blessing but not in disguise

Mountain Mama said...

Thank you for sharing. What a lovely gift.

Sharon said...

What a great memory for you and thanks for thinking of your readers and sharing a blessing with us!

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

i feel blessed to have found you...blessings, rebecca

kml said...

That is Very Special too!

NorthBayPhoto said...

Very nice photo.

Thanks for visiting my NorthBayPhoto blog.

bonnie said...

I like that he wears pink

Lynette said...

Oops! I accidentally added myself twice to Mr. Linky. Sorry!

I love your V post, Mrs. Nesbitt. And I thnk you for getting us the Bishop's blessing.

Best wishes for you as you cook Christmas dinner for your loved ones. I'm sure it will be great, after reading your cooking-ahead post, I know you're organized and will have it all done just in the right time.

AVCr8teur said...

Thanks for sharing part of your life. Happy holidays to you and your family. Having wonderful blog friends is a blessing.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing and for the very special blessings. Blessings to you during the festive season.