Photo of the Day
04.12.07
The Stairs, this morning!
04.12.07
The Stairs, this morning!
Patience is the ability to endure waiting,
delay, or provocation without becoming annoyed or upset,
or to persevere calmly when faced with difficulties.
delay, or provocation without becoming annoyed or upset,
or to persevere calmly when faced with difficulties.
Hmmmmmmmm!
Had a wobble yesterday......
Have I got much more to do?
I would think the answer is probably no,
we have the woodwork to prime and gloss, though most has been primed and then there are 3 doors to prime/gloss.
A bit of touching up on the emulsioned walls and some filler to apply!
The stair banisters were the problem....50 years of paint & varnish to be stripped, then danish oil applied then yacht varnish ( to keep them wipe - clean due to dogs)
Yesterday I was impatient, and it didn't work so I had to strip some more.
I think you (I) can become obsessed....really the angles I was looking at the woodwork from, 1 inch away on my hands and knees working up the staircase....WHO is ever going to go up the stairs like that???
well, OK but at that stage of intoxication would people be really looking at my woodgrain?
So, I HAVE therefore decided the woodwork is now ready to be varnished and we can get on with the priming & glossing today.
The carpet comes next Thursday. It will be lovely to have peace and quiet and not the pitter patter of german shepherd paws thumping up and down the stairs!
Oh and did I mention.......after christmas DIY project number 2 commences!
Just an update!
Back soon!
Had a wobble yesterday......
Have I got much more to do?
I would think the answer is probably no,
we have the woodwork to prime and gloss, though most has been primed and then there are 3 doors to prime/gloss.
A bit of touching up on the emulsioned walls and some filler to apply!
The stair banisters were the problem....50 years of paint & varnish to be stripped, then danish oil applied then yacht varnish ( to keep them wipe - clean due to dogs)
Yesterday I was impatient, and it didn't work so I had to strip some more.
I think you (I) can become obsessed....really the angles I was looking at the woodwork from, 1 inch away on my hands and knees working up the staircase....WHO is ever going to go up the stairs like that???
well, OK but at that stage of intoxication would people be really looking at my woodgrain?
So, I HAVE therefore decided the woodwork is now ready to be varnished and we can get on with the priming & glossing today.
The carpet comes next Thursday. It will be lovely to have peace and quiet and not the pitter patter of german shepherd paws thumping up and down the stairs!
Oh and did I mention.......after christmas DIY project number 2 commences!
Just an update!
Back soon!
9 comments:
YOu have WAY more patience than I do!
Stick with it girl and you will get it done! Looks beautiful so far.
It looks beautiful. I admore your patience.
Had to laugh when you talked about being one inch from the wood grain. If I visited I promise you , I would never get down on my knees and check it out. Of course now I am intrigued....so...maybe I would... LOL....
Anyway, good for you and everything will be lovely.
hi thanks for the visit.
hope you are having fun with your DIY, i haven't got the energy for this in the winter months, not that i have much more energy in the summer weither LOL
Trying to comment again.
Blogger was doing some fixes.
I haven't forgotten about you.
I have been busy preparing for
Christmas. Making gifts & goodies.
Look's like you've been busy also.
So sweet of you to be concerned.
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Have a Blessed Month!!!
Hope you're not overdoing it Mrs N. I promise if we ever visit we will not check out your wood from 1inch away - I couldn't focus that close anyway!
You have been a busy bee.
Don't you know you are s'posed to sit back and relax during the holidays?
Did you follow all of my posts from London? I looked for you on every motorbike.
Its all this galavanting around york, shopping and wearing knome hats, hehe.
Post a Comment