A Picture a Day
28.12.07
Out of my window!
28.12.07
Out of my window!
I don't know about you, but often when I glance out of the window I end up spending quite some time gazing and thinking....of nothing in particular but just this and that!
This particular sky picture has quite a calming influence
,I would call it "Reflective!"
It is that time of the year when we tend to reflect over what has happened over the past year.
I came across a poem which I felt summed up feelings which we may have.
This particular sky picture has quite a calming influence
,I would call it "Reflective!"
It is that time of the year when we tend to reflect over what has happened over the past year.
I came across a poem which I felt summed up feelings which we may have.
ALWAYS HAVE A DREAM
Forget about the days
when it's been cloudy,
but don't forget your hours in the sun.
Forget about the times
you've been defeated,
but don't forget the victories you've won.
Forget about the mistakes
that you can't change now,
but don't forget the lessons.
Forget about the misfortunes
you've encountered,
but don't forget the times your luck has turned.
Forget about the days
when you've been lonely,
but don't forget the friendly
smiles you've seen......
Forget about the plans
that didn't seem to work out right,
but don't forget to always have a dream.
--- Unknown ---
As we approach 2008 I look forward to sharing more ramblings here with the many blogging friends I have and sincerely hope 2008 brings good health and good times to all who find the time to read here.
I will be posting a photographic record of specific significant events of 2007, if any of you have the time it is an interesting exercise to do........
Watch this space!
Oh and I haven't forgotten about the olives! LOL!
We have been so busy...what with coming to terms with the operation of an MP3 player! oh and yesterday we bought a new TV, with cinema surround and Digital DVD Recorder! Well, all I can say is it is a good job Jon is of a technical disposition! The manuals are unbelievably complicated....well to me anyway! LOL!
19 comments:
Wonderful photo of the sky!
I`m just like you. Sometimes I just sit there looking up to the sky, thinking of this and that. Everything and nothing:)
Morning is the best time of the day!
You recite poetry - and I play the flute! ;-)
Beautiful photo! I love the poem!
Have a really nice and happy new year :)
Nice photo, I like it too, watching out of the window thinking about nothing. The best wishes for you and your family for the next year. Thanks again for the postcard.
I too drift into the clouds when I gaze up or out the window! The pinks of a winter sky make me think of summer skies, funny enough. These is wonderful, Denise.
God bless. Wishing you a Happy New Year!
Sounds like Santa made a stop at your house.
I love when the sky is in layers like that. It reminds me of neopolitan ice cream!
A beautiful sky can always give me a feeling of peace. This is a great shot!
Beautiful, and I totally agree with that poem :)
Love the poem. The sky picture is pretty too.
Beautiful reflective sky Denise. I do that alot looking out our window. Its a wonderful poem too. Happy new TV. Reading those manuals is what my wonderful son does for us. I am so techie challenged.
i hd a similar sky last evening and this morning...love the poem and all your musings...look forward to the review...hugs, r
Beautiful sky Denise and lovely poem. Happy New Year, if I havn't said it already :)
Very pretty sky, I see why you uould just want to look at it! The thoughts and verse are perfect.
Your photo reminds me of metamorphic rocks. . . layers upon layers of beauty!
Nice post and sky watch
come and see my skywatch
Breaking News - now up
Love this photo. Love Hugs and Blessings for the New Year
I wonder why manuals for things are getting harder to understand, we find it impossible to set the timer on our VCR.
I like the sky pic, I will have to have a go at sky friday myself.
mrsnesbitt, clam and peaceful sky and I love your poem too.
Cheers,
DSM
you are right, sometimes we are so busy looking for the spectacular that we forget to enjoy the simple, calm peaceful ones! Reflective is just the right word for this!
Post a Comment