13.12.07

Paws for Thought!

A Photo a Day
My beloved, Faithful Max


A year Ago....

The look in your eyes..as if you'd said...
Mum, I've had enough, now I want my bed!


A whole year has passed, but I wanted to remember my boy.


Three score and ten are given to man,
But ours is a much briefer span.
So, though I give you all my heart,
The time will come when we must part.
But all around you, you will see,
Creatures that speak to you of me;
A tired horse, a hunted thing,
A sparrow with a broken wing ...
Pity - and help (I know you will)
And somehow, I will be with you still;
And I shall know, although I'm gone,
The love I gave you lingers on.
--- (Author unknown)

16 comments:

Lisa said...

Beautiful, Denise. Hugs to you.

mrsnesbitt said...

Lisa, thanks so much.
What a good thing the internet is....we can share our feelings with those who care, and respond.

Dxxxx

Rosie said...

what a lovely post and poem - Max must have been very special to you - I know what it is like to lose a beloved pet - we will never forget them :)

KaiBlue said...

To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides..
I know Max was your puppy, and such a loving loyal friend to you Denise..
Your voice gets all emotional when you talked to me about him..
On this day, Im going to hug and love my puppies just a little extra.. :) and tell them about a special pup called Max.
Peace, Kai xx

mrsnesbitt said...

Rosie,
Yes he was.
We had him since he was about 2.

Kai,
It was great to talk to you today.
You share so much, love in particular.
What an inspiration you are...I am making my book as I read this.

Dxxx

Rune Eide said...

Beautiful picture and beautiful poem. A sad day of remembrance for you, but as it is said: All things shall pass - so shall this.

Jean M Fogle said...

A good dog will always be remembered, you were each lucky to have each other.

photowannabe said...

A sweet and gentle reminder of a special love in your life.
Hugs to you
Sue

Akelamalu said...

A lovely tribute to a faithful friend Denise. x

Sheila said...

I remember this Denise. Was it really a year ago.
That means it will soon be a year since Elsie arrived to keep you busy..
Animals and their unconditional love, there is nothing sweeter.
xo

CG said...

Denise, I really feel for you. I lost my Charlie over a year ago and i miss him so much {{HUGS}}

imac said...

Very moving post.


My walk continues

Julie said...

Sending you lots of love today especially xxxxxx

mrsnesbitt said...

Thanks everybody.

Yes Sheila, a whole year ago....gosh!
Just shows how long we have known each other.

Wilma came and lay bu my feet whilst I was reading your comments....how comforting!

Dxx

artbrat said...

I read your post with one of my doggies curled up next to me. She can help dry my tears that fell. What a loving tribute to a friend who will always live in your heart.

sonia a. mascaro said...

Lovely and sweet tribute to a special friend!