20.12.07

A Thought for Thursday!



There is no ideal Christmas;

only the one Christmas you decide,
to make as a reflection of your values,
desires, affections, traditions.

- Bill McKibben


Photo of the Day
20.12.07
Hydrangea, yesterday






I have plans for these hydrangeas......watch this space.

The clock is ticking and I am into the last few days preparation for Christmas.
I am determined to enjoy these days and not hurry round in a panic.
As the quotation indicates...our ideal Christmas; which we will decide, will be a reflection of our values, desires, affections, traditions.

I have plans......
which I want to share.....

soon...

eventually anyway!

LOL!



16 comments:

Libbys Blog said...

Can't recommend 'being ready early' enough. As you know I was prepared in the middle of November due to my op!! A first for me but I missed all the Christmas CRush at the shops. So am relaxed and ready!!!!
Glad you got your carpet down!!!

SandyCarlson said...

That's a wonderful thought. Can't wait to see what you'll do with those flowers.

Sandy Kessler said...

That is a wonderful quote on Christmas I shall think of it alll day !!!

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

oh i so needed this quote today...i was feeling very sorry for myself because i will have no family near on Christmas...i shall change my attitude...thank you...now what are you doing with those flowers???...blessings, rebecca

Annie said...

I have plans too, and I am enjoying getting all my plans to turn into reality at Christmas time and in the New Year.

Happy day, Dx.

JacquiG said...

Just wanted to stop by and wish you a very Merry Christmas!! It's unfortunate that we didn't get to meet up in Carlisle this past summer. Maybe next time I'm home. All the best of the season to you and your family.

Jackie

Andrea said...

Wondeful thought. Will be checking back with you to see that you do with these flowers.

Sandi McBride said...

I can't wait to see what plans are in store for the Hydrangea! I love to dry mine and use them as displays, but sadly the drought this year got mine pretty badly...

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

Ar yu goin to spray them wiv glittery stuff? Dilly thinks yu ar, an she also thinks a bow will be involvd.

Hey! Yor werd veri thing sez "gnus"! That's like a big moose issent it? Wy is it tellin me "gnus"?? Wat hav I ever dun to it?

Oh, by the way. Sheez gettin terkey. I mannidged to talk her owt ov goose. I told her, sheez jus not allowd to eat eny ov my frends.

So there.

:@}

imac said...

Nice post there.


come and see the 2 pathways of life.

dot said...

I love hydrangeas!

Tinker said...

I like the quote.
Wishing you a merry Christmas in whatever way you choose to celebrate it, Denise.

Sharon said...

I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with your flowers. I've seen some pretty wreaths made with Hydrangeas.

AVCr8teur said...

Looking forward to your surprise. Why are people always rushing around during Christmas? It should be a season to be enjoyed with family & friends. I'm not very good with plants so my hydrangeas didn't fare well.

hpy said...

I'm waiting for your surprise - with the hydrangeas?

Jeanette said...

Hi MrsN. Lovely Quote I cant wait to see how your going to transform
the lovely hydrangea. Have a very Merry Christmas,,