6.12.07

Skywatch Friday!



A Photo a Day
07.12.07
God's Way of Saying, "Have a Nice Day!"




"'Tis always morning somewhere in the world."
~ Richard Henry Horne

I have to confess that this is not one of my own photographs, it is one I was sent this week by my good friends Francis & Margaret who moved to Turkey some years ago.
They, like many of my other friends read this blog.
I miss them and the times we had together, yet I know they are happy, healthy and enjoying their life in Turkey, so that is all that matters.
The above quotation made me realise, no matter where we are, we all witness the same sun at different times of the day, and that in a way unites us all.
I always think of other Skywatchers when I look outside the window and gaze at the wonderful sky.

I was reading some of my poetry books last night and came across a few which I will share in the not too distant future....but this one seemed fitting for today's photograph.



"I met God in the morning"

I met God in the morning
when the day was at its best,
And His Presence came like sunrise,
Like a glory in my breast.

All day long the Presence lingered,
All day long He stayed with me,
And we sailed in perfect calmness
O'er a very troubled sea.

Other ships were blown and battered,
Other ships were sore distressed,
But the winds that seemed to drive them,
Brought to me a peace and rest.

Then I thought of other mornings,
With a keen remorse of mind,
When I too had loosed the moorings,
With the presence left behind.

So, I think I know the secret,
Learned from many a troubled way:
You must seek Him in the morning
If you want Him through the day!

By Bishop Ralph Cushman

30 comments:

Rune Eide said...

No "Smilies" needed hereafter - just add this pictrure. Great!

FO - 2 said...

The greeting from you all. You, God and your friends made me SMILE! :)

Wishing you all a nice day! :)

mrsnesbitt said...

runee, ida

have a good Day!
Thanks for visiting.

D

hpy said...

Wonderful! :)

Lara said...

unbelievable! what a nice photo! Thanks, Lord! and to you too, mrsnesbitt, for capturing it!

Tina Leigh said...

AAAHHHH Nice picture no matter who took it. I love the poem at the end! How true!!

Marie said...

Beautiful post!

Andrea said...

I have received this picture in several emails in the past month or so. Good post though.

Carol said...

Made me smile...........
Carolx

dot said...

Very nice post and I love the "smile"!

Livio Bonino said...

You captured a magnificent smile!

Dick said...

Nice photo and text.
Have a nice weekend.

SandyCarlson said...

What a wonderful photo. I like your poem very much, too. It is wonderful to wake to such thought. Thanks.

gma said...

What an awesome photograph.
Thinking about you and Sending you love Denise...
xx

Sandy Kessler said...

Always was buoyed up by that poem met God in the Morning .thank you again ibeati

Kerri Farley said...

Oh my....the picture is lovely but the poem is outstanding! I have never read this one before and I absolutely adore it! Wow! I am all teary eyed now.

lissa said...

quite a fun even if you didn't took it. love it.

sky watch

DILLY said...

SNAP!

MWEAH!

Dilly hav sayme foto on blog other week! Mayke Dilly smile!!!

Dilly like!

¬"

imac said...

That certainly bought a smile to my face.

Lilli & Nevada said...

no matter, it is a nice photo been going around on many Yahoo groups. I do wonder tho who took that photo

photowannabe said...

I love the thought of God smiling at His world. Thanks for the poem and the picture. You have given me a fresh start to my day.

Misty DawnS said...

Oh my gosh - it's a smiley face in the sky! This is AWESOME!

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi what a wonderfull poem , or is it a Psalm or another song? And I noticed that you changed also your header! What a gret header that is! I like the photo, its a mysterious and dreamy photo all togethet, very well done!

I posted again some Paris Pics in case you are interested, just visit my blog and look:)I wish you a good weekend

Greetings JoAnn:)

imac said...

Hi

Story ends and a question in my blog.

Celebration of Life said...

Love the picture! There are always blessings to be found in nature. :o)

Shammickite said...

Could that pic possibly be "photoshopped"? I wonder.....

DigitalShutterMania said...

Smile on the sky... great shot and wonderful.

Cheers
DSM

Lisa said...

Wow. That is just one of the best things I've ever seen!!! THanks for sharing it. I love the quote too. Lots of love to you.

Happyone said...

Love the smile sky!!
I really like the poem too and it is so true!!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

hmm, I got this as a forward, wonder if they stole it from your blog!