29.12.07

Boo!

A Photo a Day 29.12.07 Boo! Photobucket The phrase, "Wouldn't Say Boo to a Goose, is just a country proverb, perfectly clear to anyone who is familiar with geese, as in earlier centuries virtually all rural European people would have been. Anybody who shouts loudly and firmly at geese can intimidate them; indeed minding geese was traditionally a job for small girls. Anybody who doesn't dare say "Boo!" to a goose really is a wimp.
So there you have it! Now you know where the phrase originated from! This photograph is from my Photobucket files... I have spent most of today and yesterday trying to organise my computer and save files ready for my laptop to be re-formatted. Jon does his regularly and mine has got to such a slow speed it is painful waiting for it to do the most basic tasks....... so all my pictures are now stored over on Jon's machine, I have organised all my word and publisher files I have also stored as well as on discs! If you haven't heard from me by next week you will know there has been a problem...... but there WONT be a problem will there? I mean computers are sooooooooooooooo reliable aren't they???????? Watch this space........and hope! I mean, I haven't told you about the olives yet so I can't be away for too long...and there's my review of our 2007! You don't want to miss that! LOL! See you soon......

20 comments:

Guzzisue said...

once shared a campsite with a flock of geese- never again-far too noisy!!

photowannabe said...

Love your Boo post. Jo has so much personality. Thanks for the info on the saying. I didn't know that before. Good luck on your computer and am looking forward to your posts in 2008.

Lizelotte said...

Adorable picture, and what a cozy blog :-)

Greetings from Denmark...

imac said...

Boo to you too haha.

nice post

Have you seen my Sky watch??
and come and see Buckfast Abbey and the Water Wheel Mill.

SandyCarlson said...

That's a great photo. Thanks for the history of that expression. Hope the formatting goes well. (Kind of like going for a physical, eh?) God bless.

dot said...

What a cute goose picture!

Kate Robertson said...

Love the photo.

Ali said...

Just dropped by to wish you a great New Year. x

Annie said...

Hello Denise, I didn't know one could intimidate geese. I have only heard about how well they intimidate humans. Now I'll be wise when I approach the barnyard !

Happy New Year to you, Annie.

Shammickite said...

If we don't hear from you till next week we'll send out a search and rescue party, OK?

Solomon said...

I loved the pic! :D

Good luck with the format, BTW. :)

CyberCelt said...

I am glad you took your pictures off the computer before working on it.
All the best in 2008.

NYCindividual said...

LOL! So adorable and cute!

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi Denise, What a great shot!!!!!
hahaha Boo? I would say Kwak-kwaak !(Dutch)But this is for sure a BOO!!! Have a good end of the year,

I wish You a Happy and Creative 2008, Look at my Happy fireworks and wishes. See my blog:)

Oswegan said...

Thant's funny.

~Oswegan

djWhite said...

I love your blog!

Mauro C. said...

vuhuHi there... I gave one Inspiring Great Blog Award 2007 in 1 Million Love Messages :)

You can grab it here: http://www.1millionlovemessages.com/2007/12/inspiring-great-blog-award-2007.html

Have a Happy 2008

Blue Panther said...

Nice Picture, and thanks for the story about the origin of the proverb.

Wishing you and your family a happy and prosperous 2008!

Anonymous said...

I think that geese are quite inquisitive creatures!

Sending best wishes for a safe and happy New Year to you and your family in Yorkshire.

Marie x

paintandink said...

Good luck with the computer! I'm moving all my files, too, because I just got a new one. It's a slooooooooooow process.

I hope you have a wonderful, wonderful new year!