12.5.08

Wahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!



A Photo a Day
12.05.08
Exit!


This is my odd shot for a Monday morning.
I took this last Tuesday when we were over in the Lake District.
I didn't know I had captured the dramatic moment until I downloaded the photos from my camera.
The ducks had been walking along the road at Pooley Bridge and I just took some photographs.

Only a week ago we were enjoying this sunshine.
Now we have sea fret being on the coast so I do not know what the weeks plans will be.
We may go off inland, in search of some sunshine but today we have the run of the mill domestic chores to return to.
Any minute now I have to go into the loft and get Ella's cat taxi as she is going to the vets at 9am for her vaccination which she needs to go into the cattery when we go away to the Isle of Man in a few weeks.
At 5am it is Wilma's turn, she needs her second vaccination again for her to go to the kennels...
although it is a relatively simple operation to take Ella to the vets, getting her into the carrier is no simple task as she doesn't like it. I will put her in backwards......does that sound simple?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

It requires two of us to take Wilma! Need I say more.
Tomorrow it is Elsie's turn.



She continues to do well and her paw doesn't seem to be bothering her.

Right......off to the vets!
It is a few days since we gave him any money!

To visit more Monday odd shots visit Katney

22 comments:

kRiZcPEc said...

great, so far I haven't managed to capture birds in flight. Happy shooting.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Birds in flight are always so difficult to capture, but always worth the effort. These are fantastic.

Andrea said...

You captured this bird in flight well. I love to find those unexpected things show up in a picture I didn't realize I was taking.

Good luck at the vet today.

nancy said...

Hello Denise. I love your header.
To disable the preview popups, go to your dashboard and click on "Design". Directly under it click on "Extras". There will be a check box to click to disable. I like your Milton quote. Hope all is well with you!
Nancy

Unknown said...

Great capture Denise!

Dianne said...

what a great shot!

they look like they're rushing off to the office :)

I had to get a top opening cat carrier - then I can gently lower the howling creature with 10 legs in!

Good luck with all the vet visits. I empathize.

raf said...

Super shot, Mrs. N, but aren't they flying on the wrong side of the road??
It's a dandy odd shot!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the referral Mrs N! Much appreciated.

I used to have a caravan at Pooley Bridge - loved it there. Never saw those ducks though! Great snap.

Good to hear Elsie's on the mend - I've forgiven her for growling at me when I visited Jon's unit. (a while back!) Hope you don't have to give the vet too much dosh!
Gary

Daryl said...

Wonderful capture!

:-Daryl

artisbliss said...

Wonderful duck photo, and I love your new header. Poor Elsie! I hope she isn't hobbling too much.

Paulie said...

Nice "odd shot" -- to answer someone's query . . . ducks can fly on any side of the road they choose! lol

CherryPie said...

So glad she is getting better :-)

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

Great shot of the ducks, those shots are usually very difficult to capture.

photowannabe said...

If they continue to fly down the road they will have to learn which side of the road to go on....
Great shot Denise.

Dr.John said...

It looks like the birds are racing.

Leslie: said...

Hi Denise, glad the paw is better. Vet bills can get very expensive!

Hope to meet you this summer. Look for an email from me. :D

Katney said...

Wonderful photo!

Good luck with Wilma--I guess it's already done--in getting her to the vet after last time.

dot said...

What a great shot of the birds in flight! I would say that was a nice surprise!

Kim said...

Great capture. Hope the kitties vet visit goes well.

Unknown said...

great shot.

imac said...

Great action shot.

DILLY said...

Ahhh Dilly send nursey hugs to Ellie. Hope get better.
Pink bandage be best type.

Dilly like ducks! Go gliiiiiide!

Mweah!

¬"