19.5.08



Photo of the Day
19.05.08


Yesterday we went over to Whitby on the motorbike.
As we drank our tea we heard the music and lo and behold a Morris Dancing
group were entertaining the passers by.

I just cropped my picture as this chap caught my eye.....a very odd shot indeed!

We had a good afternoon out on the bike.

In two weeks time we will be in the Isle of Mann for the 2008 TT.
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!!!!

For more odd shots visit Katney.

21 comments:

TwD said...

That is odd, really...

Rune Eide said...

He seems to get a lot of fun out of it...

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen a Morris Dancer in years - possibly fiftyfive. It's good shot.

Dragonstar said...

Decidedly odd, but he seems to be enjoying himself.

Daryl said...

Interestingly odd this way but now I wonder what you cropped out!

:-Daryl

naturglede/Randi Lind said...

You are a lucky one, Isle og Man! We are dreaming of it, and some day we will come on my husbands old Norton.Nice picture.

dot said...

I'm not sure what a Morris Dancer is but I have google to help me. Like Daryl, I wonder what you cropped out!

Gypsy at heart said...

Well, he looks very odd to mae. Was he going it alone?
I like your poem.

artisbliss said...

I've always thought Morris Dancers a bit odd anyway.

Shrinky said...

Maybe you'll snap some Manx dancers soon, not to mention some fully battle-clad Viking Warriors..

Smile.

Unknown said...

That is really odd!

Paulie said...

Poor fella -- it takes lots of guts to dress in that costume and march playing his music. Perhaps the rest of us are odd to him!!!!!!!

 gmirage said...

He might be enjoying himself though! Traditions like this tend to be colorful...thanks for the input!

Barbara said...

I often see Morris Dancers when I play at local fetes, I must get some photos this year.

Andree said...

I don't even know what a Morris dancer is!! But I really like his costume and the photograph!

http://meeyauw-pad.blogspot.com/2008/05/odd-shots-running-robin.html

Dr.John said...

When we were in England I loved Whitby.

Dr.John said...

When we were in England I loved Whitby.

Katney said...

From the bit that I have seen of Morris Dancers, I would say they must all be a bit odd.

Unknown said...

Well, I have no idea what a Morris Dancer is, but it looks like it would have been fun to find out!

Was he blowing on a whistle as he danced? Very cool.

Andrea said...

Interesting ODD SHOT.

Kyanite said...

Hey!
I can really appreciate this one - did something simaliar in Dreamingspires, after the Morris Festival.

Blue

PS - Sorry my commenting is so OFF.@ least this w/e I had an excuse was away!