
Whenever I read other blogs, particularly those of us who have dogs the views always make me want to go for a walk with Wilma and enjoy the scenery and make the most of each moment.
As it happens Wilma needs a lot of exercise as she is a very exciteable dog, so the idea is I take her for a good long walk on a morning, often on the beach. Then, on an afternoon when she is at Jon's workshop, she has a snooze.....
As it happened, Thursday morning Wilma was quite "hyper" so we prepared to go to the beach.
First port of call however is the visit to the local shop for Jon's 10 o'clock snack....home-made egg & bacon pie and a bun.
As it happened, when we pulled up in the car one of my neighbours also pulled up in his car.
Fred sometimes works on Ronnie's farm, featured in my photo.
I had a quick chat with Fred, in the shop and returned to my car, with the pies.
I turned the ignition key, started up the car and drove forward, turned round and headed in the direction of the workshop.
Car slows down and stops.
I turned the key again....nothing!
As it happened Fred was still in the shop!
so he took me to hubby's workshop...as it happens workshop is only 5 minute drive from the shop!
I explain it all to Jon so we get in the pick up and drive to car....where Wilma is waiting!
Jon towes me to workshop....
Jon eats the pies and we have a cup of tea.
He then goes outside where he started up my car without problem!
Felt an idiot! (Not difficult)
So we agreed I would drive home, & if I hadn't phoned within 5 minutes he would come & find me..(fortunately workshop is only 5 minutes from house!)
As it happens, I got home OK!
When i tried to unlock the door there is a problemand I couldn't get in the house.....door playing up again....
As it happenes just as I went to phone Jon on my mobile the battery expired.....
As it happens postman pulls up at that exact moment.....
I asked him if he would phone hubby on his mobile...
AS IT HAPPENS...postman is deaf!
I eventually explain and luckily he takes out his mobile phone.
As it happens it is a new one and he couldn't work it out!
As it happens.....Jon arrives.......
gets crowbar and we get into house!
Oh yes, I had to tie Wilma up with the washing line whilst all this was going on cos she doesn't like the postman.....
Ever had one of those days?
One of those days When the sun is shining bright
And my life is going right
And the simple things are not wasted
One of those days When you're cruising in your car
And you're out to see the stars
And it's warm outside and beautiful
Hmmmmmmmmmmm not quite Whitney! LOL!
The top and bottom of this ramble is Wilma didn't get a walk so I must make up for it.
I will be sky watching as it happens.......whilst the rest of the UK is blessed with sunshine the North East Coast is under a huge cloud which you can make out coming into view in my photograph!
Edit......7pm....
As it happens......this was just the start of my problems....
Decided to make Turkey Meatballs....you know in my spanking new oven???
Ahem...........................
I noticed something dripping onto the bottom of my lovely new oven.....
It just so happens I had put the oven tray on top of a plastic chopping board....which sort of stuck to the bottom of the oven tray...
As it happens....
I didn't know this when I placed the oven tray into my lovely new oven at a temperature of 180 degrees.......................
Ahem!
Oh and things get better..............................
Thinking my car problem was just a little hitch I nipped out to the shop at 5.30pm....
As it happens my car breaks down at the traffic lights at a busy junction!
Need I say more?
As it happens....................it is now 7pm and I have just returned having being towed home by hubby!
Car, on the drive having being pushed the final few stages by Jon & I!
As it happens I think I need a drink......
and as it happens there is something chilling as we speak.....
HOPEFULLY IT WILL BE ME SHORTLY! LOL!
To see more Skywatch Friday contributions or to join in visit Tom @ Wiggers World
Hope you are feeling better Tom!

54 comments:
MrsNesbitt, as usual ... a pleasure to read your words and a magnificent photo!
An interesting post. I hope Wilma got her walk in.
You seem to get into some scrapes lol.great photo.
my double reflection is now up please feel free to visit-thanks.
Wonderful view! Summery. Hope the drink is good and chilled by now.
Absolutely love the photo! And the reading is enjoyable.
What a great view out of your window for SWF.
Lovely and serene setting beneath that gorgeous sky!
I love your header photo.
excellent post, well done.
wow how cute photo!
The view was a stunning and the scene was set for a relaxing read on the countryside.. oh! dear what a day this as been for you... time for your feet up and some TLC...
Wonderful view Denise!
very beautiful picture of the sky
That is one bad day!!!
I love the photo at the top :-)
Beautiful photography. Congratulations
You do lead an eventful life in your little corner of the world, which makes interesting reading for the rest of us!
That's your view - lucky you1
nice one for SWF! When you realize how perfect everything you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky.... Have a great weekend! mine's up too hope you can drop by.
Another nice photo!!
Oh what a terrible time you had!
Well, as it happens, you certainly had an "interesting" day. LOL
But what about Wilma?
I hope Wilma was resigned to all of this. And that Jon gets to the bottom of the car's problems.
YIKES Denise! What a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day! I hope that melted plastic chopping board didn't hurt your lovely new oven! I hope the crow bar didn't cause too much damage. Yikes, again.
Wonderful Sky Watch picture! I want to walk there!
Gorgeous scene!!
great story...and yes, I have those kind of days all the time...
lol -- what a day you had! I've had days like those too. May you have a great day tomorrow!
Nice photo, and a fun post. :)
I love the view....
Will you visit mine Thanks
it is so peace and beautiful view
Hope you visit mine too Thanks
Hi Denise....lovely sky watch!and I love to read about your day....
This must be the picture of the week !! Never seen enything so grenn... and so beautiful. I can smell the spring...
And words, you are also the man og words...
Love from Norway
What a marvelous photo for Sky Watch!
hope things are better for you today :)
hello there,
Thanks for the nice sky and wonderfull words, I amshowing my skies today...
Las week I could NOT participate in ABC because of a hufh probem with internet , I am so sorry
JoAnn
Now joining Skywatch
Another normal day in the Nesbitt household then!?
Bet it didn't take too much drink to make you sleep last night, eh??
But what pleasant scenery to be surrounded by whilst watching such a drama unfold!
Well done Denise.
Gary
Hi denise,
Thanks for missing me I missed you and your ABC and everything, You cam to visit my blog a bit too early NOW my sky is onthere, see nf=d thanks you are such a sweetheart:)
I laughed so hard at your story I had to scroll back up to check photo! ROFL
I love farm photos and this is wonderful!
So do birds ever rest on those wires? I bet that adds to the view .. or not .. :-D
:-Daryl
Greate photo!I am a litle bit late to day, but better late than never! Here is mine http://somdagenegr.blogspot.com/2008/05/sky-watch-friday_16.html
You know the saying about skies? Ought to be our slogan: Behind the Sky Watch Friday the skies are always Blue (not blues...)
Your opening about walking so true. Embrace life
I came for the beautiful photo, and as always, stayed for the beautifully written post!
Here I am again ... because you asked about coming from France to Portugal ... yes you can ... and by doing that you would also visit another great country: Spain!
So come on over ...
A very beautiful photo. So full of harmony and life:)
Petunia's SWF
Always a pleasure to read and image looks so clear and right out the window.
Interesting post. Beautiful view.
Oh my, what a day. You make your difficulties an interesting read.
Enjoy your drink and have fun romping with Wilma. :)
I sort of kinda lost now and I'm not sure what day it is - OK so Wilma didn't get ehr walk (good job she didn't eat the pies while locked in the car) and the postie helped you break into the house. And the clouds have gone in - well they have here too and I only came by cause Sam from SA posted a comment on one of mine but the link she left was faulty so I thought I'd get to her by clicking on a link to somewhere that'd probably have a link to her and clicked her and now having read your post it is time for Emmerdale - so I'll commend your skyview and catch up to Sam later.
If there's any typos above - sorry I haven;t time to check and correct before posting. see you again.
How lucky to have such a gorgeous view!
Lovely photo, Mrs. Nesbitt. I'm truly sorry about your not-nice-horrible-frustrating day. I hope things are much better on this day. I enjoyed the Milton poem for May.
You have a fun way of describing what happens to your life... :) And yes... I often stumble upon days like these, adding the fact that I actually have four pair of built-in arms that from time to time come loose and hit whatever is on their way, you know what I mean?
Kisses from Nydia
OH NO!!! You really had one of THOSE days! Lovely photo, though!
You have such great stories!! I envy your view (even tho my own is wonderful) because of the sheeps, which I really really love! http://meeyauw-pad.blogspot.com/2008/05/sky-watch-friday-waxing-gibbous-moon.html
Beautiful taken. I love animals.
Wow.. sounds like you had quite the day. I sure hope tomorrow's a better one for you.. and your dog, who will really need that walk!
Lovely photo too.. thanks for sharing and thanks also for your visit to my blog. :)
i love the view from your study - mine is a little more complicated
Post a Comment