26.5.08

Red!


A Photo a Day
26.05.08
Scarborough, yesterday.


Jules Feiffer

We hadn't been to Scarborough for a few weeks, so yesterday we decided to have a ride over.
We parked the bike on the promenade and as I turned I noticed the artistic way these bikes had been parked. It made me smile!

I dont know if we are going out today, being a Bank Holiday the roads will be very busy, but the weekend is fast approaching and our first trip to the Isle of Man is approaching.
I love the anticipation and preparation associated with holiday plans, so after today the bike will not be going anywhere...the panniers will be brought out and the bike will be prepared for its journey!

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!

Watch this space!

To see more odd shots on this fine Monday, visit Katney!

20 comments:

Jane Hards Photography said...

How did you manage that, all red lined up. Great image and words again.

Not long now.!

CherryPie said...

The red looks lovely next to the blue sky :-)

ArneA said...

I love the red in the sky
Look here and here and in nature nothing is only one color

Dragonstar said...

Lovely! But I spy a blue helmet!

Enjoy your visit to the Island - wish I could be there too.

Anonymous said...

Red is the in colour, we even have a red car. Elder son has a red Kawasaki 550... which I could wish we were riding to the Island. Take lots of pictures.

Daryl said...

Fun photo .. and I think Mr Feiffer rocks .. do you know his cartoons?

:-Daryl

Shammickite said...

All lined up along the sea front, what a nice picture!
Hope you enjoy your trip to the TTs, I'll be in Uk at the same time, but nowhwre near the Isle of Man, unfortunately!

Katney said...

All of them red? Is that the standard color--like Henry Ford's Model Ts--you can have them in any color as long as it's black. Do these come in any color as long as it's red?

It does look odd.

Unknown said...

Funny shot and lovely perspective, Odd indeed.

dot said...

Very cute picture and quote!

Argument Cottage said...

love the bikes but what is with writing colour the american way mrs nesbitt??

xxx
maria

Paulie said...

I was here earlier but didn't realize this was your ODD SHOT. Good catch!

KaiBlue said...

Aloha Denise..
question for you, what do you think is better.. Ducatti or a honda? or?
teehee..
Peace, Kai xx

i beati said...

whata great take on red !!vaROOM !!

TwD said...

The picture is nothing without the motto and vice versa ;).
Of course, I did not want to say, that the photo is worthless, but together !!!

Reader Wil said...

May is an inspiring month. It makes you feel like creating poetry or like taking beautiful photos. like singing or composing music. John Milton knew that when he wrote this poem and you showed us your photos. I also read your story about Jonathan, which is so sad and yet your answer to his passing away is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Max-e said...

Really love the bikes Denise

Cath said...

I can feel your excitement! That shot is great - would have made a great R post too! Well captured.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

red???
Thats indeed red but a fantastic shot too!

Unknown said...

You might enjoy this Mr. Media podcast interview with cartoonist Jules Feiffer, who talks about the new collection of his comic strips from the Village Voice, getting his start with Will Eisner on The Spirit, his plays (Little Murders), his movies (Carnal Knowledge, Popeye), the Disney musical adaptation of The Man in the Ceiling, and his forthcoming memoirs.