

We have been making the most of the sunshine.
How's that for timing!
Jon and I are bikers and like to get out when we can.
On Tuesday we went to the Lake District.
We rode up the area called "The Struggle" on the Kirkston Pass.
We stopped and as we lay in the sunshine I looked up to see this view.
The overhanging slate wall was quite dramatic.
I thought it would make an ideal Skywatch Friday post!
This picture has not been rotated.
I took it....
as I lay next to Jon soaking up the sunshine.
Last Saturday Jon decided to take some days off as he has worked non stop since Christmas...
would you believe the weather has been excellent too!How's that for timing!
Jon and I are bikers and like to get out when we can.
On Tuesday we went to the Lake District.
We rode up the area called "The Struggle" on the Kirkston Pass.
We stopped and as we lay in the sunshine I looked up to see this view.
The overhanging slate wall was quite dramatic.
I thought it would make an ideal Skywatch Friday post!
This picture has not been rotated.
I took it....
as I lay next to Jon soaking up the sunshine.

Here is our bike, by the side of the road.
Honda CB1300, soon to be taking us the Isle of Man and later to MotoGP Assen.
The original release of "Little Honda" was in 1964 by the Hondells. That's the tune that hit the Top 40.
The Beach Boys "covered" the song later.
GO!
I'm gonna wake you up early
Cause I'm gonna take a ride with you
We're going down to the Honda shop
I'll tell you what we're gonna do
Put on a ragged sweatshirt
I'll take you anywhere you want me to
First gear (Honda Honda) it's alright (faster faster)
Second gear (little Honda Honda) I lean right (faster faster)
Third gear (Honda Honda) hang on tight (faster faster)
Faster it's alright
It's not a big motorcycle
Just a groovy little motorbike
It's more fun that a barrel of monkeys
That two wheel bike
We'll ride on out of the town
To any place I know you like
First gear (Honda Honda) it's alright (faster faster)
Second gear (little Honda Honda) I lean right (faster faster)
Third gear (Honda Honda) hang on tight (faster faster)
Faster it's alright
It climbs the hills like a Matchless
Cause my Honda's built really light
When I go into the turns
Lean [Tilt] with me and hang on tight
I better turn on the lights
So we can ride my Honda tonight
First gear (Honda Honda) it's alright (faster faster)
Second gear (little Honda Honda) I lean right (faster faster)
Third gear (Honda Honda) hang on tight (faster faster)
Faster it's alright
First gear (Honda Honda) it's alright (faster faster)
Second gear (little Honda Honda) I lean right (faster faster)
Third gear (Honda Honda) hang on tight (faster faster)
Faster it's alright
To visit more Skywatch Pictures, visit Tom, our host!
I'm gonna wake you up early
Cause I'm gonna take a ride with you
We're going down to the Honda shop
I'll tell you what we're gonna do
Put on a ragged sweatshirt
I'll take you anywhere you want me to
First gear (Honda Honda) it's alright (faster faster)
Second gear (little Honda Honda) I lean right (faster faster)
Third gear (Honda Honda) hang on tight (faster faster)
Faster it's alright
It's not a big motorcycle
Just a groovy little motorbike
It's more fun that a barrel of monkeys
That two wheel bike
We'll ride on out of the town
To any place I know you like
First gear (Honda Honda) it's alright (faster faster)
Second gear (little Honda Honda) I lean right (faster faster)
Third gear (Honda Honda) hang on tight (faster faster)
Faster it's alright
It climbs the hills like a Matchless
Cause my Honda's built really light
When I go into the turns
Lean [Tilt] with me and hang on tight
I better turn on the lights
So we can ride my Honda tonight
First gear (Honda Honda) it's alright (faster faster)
Second gear (little Honda Honda) I lean right (faster faster)
Third gear (Honda Honda) hang on tight (faster faster)
Faster it's alright
First gear (Honda Honda) it's alright (faster faster)
Second gear (little Honda Honda) I lean right (faster faster)
Third gear (Honda Honda) hang on tight (faster faster)
Faster it's alright
To visit more Skywatch Pictures, visit Tom, our host!



44 comments:
Pretty unique angle and very strong contrast between darkness on rocks and light on blue sky!
Great sky. Scary overhang.
Nice photo.
Thanks for the information.
Sky Watch is posted.
Come visit,
Troy and Martha
These are fun photos, Denise. What a great time. God bless.
Creative post! Love it!
Petunia
Glad you and Jon were able to take some time off and enjoy yourselves. Great pictures!
Fantastic angles on those shots... and a great biker post to.
Tom
Looks like rock teeth!
Wonderful shot.
I love music and enjoyed the lyrics you included.
Great pictures..
First I thought everything is upside down..
Very interesting and excellent for SWF.
Very neat way to show off the sky.
Great shot. Unusual angle.
excellent, very well done.
Creative swf post Denise, and lovely photos.
marvellous shots of the rocky lake district
Wow,careful,so the rocks dont` fall on you.Great shots!
Fun photos, my boys would like the bikes.
Thought I had had too many pints first.lol
great idea and love the story ----Cuddles under the rocks for SW.
My Sky watch from Belvoir Castle Grounds are now up.
Unusual and nice angle.
Great Sky Watch! :)
Ida
Fun and wonderful shots. Scary overhang! I like bike's too;)
WOW that foto is scary!
Weev bin tyrin to enjoy the weather too, but since her bug the uther week Mummy keeps gettin migranes- wen she NEVER EVER had them befor! It's a mystry..... but I am good at hed hugs.
We reskewd a hedgermahoggin today. Heed got stuk. Wen Mummy reskewd him he curled up tite an I cud jus see his nose. HEHEHEH!
:@D
Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.
Look at that great weather you are getting. May it continue...
Perfect phots and YA YAAAAAAAAAAA for the Beach o
Lucky you that the weather has behaved! And you were able to catch a neat Sky Watch photo too!
Interesting perspective.
Nice blue skied day you had!!
Nina at Nature Remains
I love how you took the photos just as you were, and then explained them. How wonderful!
Nice photos. You should check out my blog for our trip last weekend. Loves Hugs and Blessings
I feel a little woozy. I thought I was upside down for a minute there.
"Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date"
My mother lived in the Lake District in England for three years, and she absolutely loved it!
I would love to see more pictures of it.
You guys must have a hoot! on your motorcycles. :-) Lucky you!
great shots
Will you visit mine Thanks
love blue sky :D
Mine in here Thanks
Fantastic entry for SWF! Happy weekend! Hope to see you in my corner too..
At first I thought the photo was unside down and then noticed the other ones.
Nice bike!Terrific storyboard for todays skywatch post.
I have had a wrod with the Manx fairies and ordered you nothing but blue skies for the TT. Hopefull they will grant the wish.
nice one for SWF! I fell from the sky. I'm a parachutist, and I missed my mark. Mine's up too hope you can visit.
I did think Iwas looking at an 'upside down' sky pic !!
What a novel picture !
What a great angle on the Lake District :-) One of my favorite places :-)
That is a fabulous sky watch! Enjoy your time together!!
you my lady know how to embrace life!!
this is a nice photo.... keep it up...
check out mine here..
http://www.supernovachron.com/2008/05/friday-sky-watch-sunset.html
happy friday...
"Louis" is a bit late for your road trip here -
"Louis la Vache"
Wonder perspecitve, what fun!
Lovely to catch up and see that you have been out and about on your bike, enjoying the good weather.
Wow Denise - I know Kirkstone Pass well! (Or did - it's been years....) Great sky shot. Brilliant memories for me! Not often we get a sky as blue as that and it contrasts so well with the slate (which you have captured perfectly - my shot would have had that in silhouette! lol)
Love the bike too - my dad was a biker when a bit younger. I loved being pillion. Ah those were the days...
I have been over Kirkstone pass. As we had a slight snack at the inn, we were first almost flattened by two WW2 Spitfires(!) - shortly followed by two modern fighters.
An experience to remember.
Post a Comment