10.8.06

So........The Plot Thickens!

Gosh, it is past midnight and my eyes are closing but I must tell you of the great steps foreward we have made today! I was doing a coffee morning early on, so doid not get home until 1pm, but we started on the plot just after 2. Chris, who works for Jon came to help us out. Jon rotavated the future veg plot, Chris removed all rocks, stones, pebbles, bones and other debris. So my job, first thing tomorrow is to take what Chris removed, to the tip. We are going to spend the first part of tomorrow looking round to find other rubbish to fill up the pick-up! I am sure it wont take us long! As you can see, the plot is coming along............................ The shed is now home to the rotavator. I cleared the branches of the trees, weeded and made a leaf collection point! It was fun! I had several comments from Jon re blonde using a hammer! We did have a good laugh! It started to rain but we carried on. We normally go to Whitby on a Thursday night and meet up with our biker pals. However as we worked in the garden it seemed pointless to stop and go to Whitby for the sake of an hour, so we pressed on! It rained, the sky was dark! We did what we wanted to do and I can honestly say we didn't miss going out on the bike! Looking up the paddock from the shed, you can see we have lots of potential growing area at our disposal....but we will take it one step at a time. Jo kept an eye on us from his pond! We also had the company of Wilma and Max. Max loves to sit by me, always managing to find a stone or pebble for me to throw! I know this fallen apple has deteriorated, but nevertheless I found this a beautiful subject for a photograph! One of the apple trees had produced a lovely crop of apples, so we picked them.... chutney making is now on the cards................... However, I left this one well alone, supper to some garden guests! Oh and for those who love our housemartins............ enjoy whilst you can, they will be leaving very soon for their long journey to warmer shores for winter! So, it is now happening! I am exhausted, yet excited and fulfilled by the progress we have started to make. Tomorrow we will continue, weather permitting! Dx

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Once you get 'the bug' there is not stopping - not for rain, snow, sun, wind, food, water, it is addictive - and to have the opportunity to have a big veggie plot in your own garden is brilliant.

I am so looking forward to seeing it all evolve.

Enjoy

mrsnesbitt said...

Thanks Allotment Lady.
It's funny, although I want to get planting, I want the prepared plot to be at it's best, I am sure you understand! I want the plants to have a good start and not have to compete with any weeds, which are there because I rushed and didn't do a thorough job!

Thanks for your encouragement!
Dx

Anonymous said...

Wow MrsN! I don't visit here for a couple of days and look how much you have done! It's looking really good and lovely to see so many photos. I can really picture the new veg garden now when you talk about it. It's so exciting seeing a new garden shaping up.

mrsnesbitt said...

Thanks Leonie............it is exciting!

Shame it rained today....................for the veg plot, yet good news for the strawberries & tomatoes!

Anonymous said...

I was going to say the same as Leonie, I look away for 5 mins and suddenly it all takes off!

mrsnesbitt said...

Thanks Becki..........
raring to get planting!

Just a case od what?
We have the family coming round for Christmas Dinner, we want to use some of our own produce!!!

But we haven't got any even planyed....a challenge or what!

clairesgarden said...

I see you are joining the rest of us in the rock finding group, some people might think we are gardening, but no. we know all we are really doing is digging up rocks, and there are always more. no matter how many you take away

mrsnesbitt said...

Claire, you are so right!
Could not believe how many!
Fortunately I have good contacts at the tip!

Mountain Mama, I know what you mean!
No pain, no gain! And it is so good to talk over what we have done. A real joint effort!

Dave said...

Well Mrs N you have been one busy bee with all the work starting to get your plans into action. I can never decide which is more fun - the planning or the working. I do know which is more tiring!

Dave in USA

mrsnesbitt said...

Thanks Dave.............have done the compost stuff today!

Dx