
Have had a great 24 hours with JellyB who some spent the night here.
I picked her up from Scarborough Train Station yesterday and we came home via Whitby.
We spent a couple of hours in Whitby and had a look round a few of the shops.
We had a also look in the Frank Meadow Sutcliffe Gallery.
He was a famous local photographer...I am sure many of you will recognise his work.
The picture above is of his daughters, Kathy and Lulu.
Kathy is the great great grandma of some neighbours in our village.
Last year Amy died, Kathy's grandaughter.
She was a great lady and often talked about her grandfather.
He took many photographs around Whitby.
Check out the gallery here...
http://www.sutcliffe-gallery.co.uk/
Last night I cooked tagiatelli.
I used one of the chillis I had grown and chopped it in some olive oil.
I added celery and cooked until the celery was soft. I then added mushrooms and then cream and pepper and spring onions. It was a vegetarian recipe, my own. I did some cooked gammon for those who wanted meat but to be onest it was nice just as it was.
For starters we had our first tomatoes with rocket....delicious, and how could I not mention JellyB's home grown cucumber!
My SIL & nephew came over and we drank lots of cava......a touch too much me thinks, but I seem to have said those words before!!!
SIL & neph stayed over and this morning we had boiled eggs and solders for breakfast before going to Thornton - le Dale for lunch, on route to Scarborough Station.
JB safely on way home.....with a pain in her leg!.........just near the teeth marks!!!!
Guess who?
Correct!
5 comments:
eating your first home grown tomato is something special isn't it!
Poor JellyB, that wasn't Wilma who did that was it!?
Correct!to both statements L!
xx
Thanks Mountain Mama...........check out this link for other photographs by the same man, using people as subjects..
http://www.sutcliffe-gallery.co.uk/cgi-bin/sutcliffe.pl?TASK=DrawCategory&CATEGORY=PEOP
That recipe sounds delicious!!
Beautiful photographs!
Kelli
Thanks Kelli.
Easy recipes, just up my street!
If the rain holds off I will get out today and take some more horse piccies!
Dx
Post a Comment