29.8.06

Okay folks, the pics you have been waiting for! (1)

THE LAKES(Allotment Lady, I hope these pics kindle lovely memories!) We set off quite late really as SIL stayed over after the Evening Reception of a wedding I had made the stationery for.... anyhow, over we went via the A66 and had a bite for lunch at Poorley Bridge. Eventually we stopped next to Lake Ullswater! What I like about the Lake District is the contrast of the landscape. Standing on th pavement.........this was the view on my left............... I was standing behind the bike............. and this was the view to my left! I think i was making this couple nervous! They had a few attempts at getting their boat? upright, so I sopped taking pics of them and moved to another subject. It was the colours of the sail which were of interest ...honestly! I admired them for doing what they were doing on a day like this! looking down the river I tried to find interesting subjects! I particularly like trees! LOVELY! PEACEFUL! If the photographs seem dark it is because the skies were darkening.......time to head for home! ....... in this! we stopped to fill up for petrol................soon we would be in the same position as these two bikers, with the car spray nicely splashing into our faces for the duration of the journey home! nice weather for some eh! Total miles covered today = 284!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Denise, I relived a wonderful funny, romantic, holiday.

Now how about heading up the west coast to Scotland via through Aberdeenshire next weekend - then I an give you another route for the following one. LOL

Off to look at my holiday photos - stayed in lovely b&b's in out of the way place and four poster beds.

Romance isn't just for the yougsters you know LOL

mrsnesbitt said...

LOL!

Catch you later chuck!
Have a nice night!

Just off to chill beer for hubby (6.40...late in) have done him a lovely dinner and will chill some wine!

Dxxx

Kelli said...

Those tree photos are wonderful!!

Kelli

Kelli said...

Oh, is that a little duck backpack?? Too cute!

Kelli

mrsnesbitt said...

Kelli, yes it is a duck back pack, my new one infact. My previous one clocked up over 45,000 miles!

It is famous round here, I am often referred to as Mrs. Duck! LOL

JacquiG said...

I've been to places in the Lakes that look very much like these photos! And my Dad and brother are bike riders to there is familiarity there as well! Thanks so much for sharing these photos, although they are making me very homesick!

Jackie in ON

mrsnesbitt said...

Are you planning on coming over at anytime Jackie?

Dont feel homesick...tell us about where you live noe. Bet you have some great friends!

Dx

JacquiG said...

I will actually be going home next year, MrsNesbitt. I'm getting married in Gretna Green next July! Can't wait! And I get to see my parents and my aunts and uncles. It's very hard being so far away from my Mum.

I live in Ontario, Canada and I've been here for almost 34 years (good grief, is it really that long!). When you are away from your family you end up creating your own from the friends that you make. Part of me would love to go back to England to live, I'm very English in my heart, but after this long, and with my son here, well ... home is where I make it!

Jackie in ON