This song went through my mind yesterday!
We're busy doing nothing, working all day through,
we're trying to find lots of things not to do.
We're busy going nowhere, isn't it such a crime ?
we'd like to be unhappy but we never do have the time.
I have to watch the river to see that it doesn't stop,
and stick around the rosebuds so they'll know when to pop.
Better keep those crickets cheerful,they're really a solemn bunch,
farso, farso. I never have the time for lunch.
I'd like to meet a turtle, and teach him how to swim,
then I have to shine the dew-drops, they're looking rather dim.
Meet my friend the robin and buy him a brand new vest.
Farso, farso, I never have time to rest.
Do you know the type of day I mean?
Set out with good intentions.
I wanted to make my chutney for the village harvest auction!
Figured it would be just nice by beginning of October.
However the day panned out, and out, and out and I achieved nothing!
I felt as though I was simply hanging around to quote the stranglers.
By chance we had to go to Middlesbrough as Jon had to take a job to get welded (does that sound right? will check!) whilst he was with the engineer I had a look round the shops for my wedding outfit.
We are going to a wedding on 9th September and I need a good outfit........
I had a look round and saw nothing spectacular!
and I do want to look spectacular!
You see I have designed & made all of the wedding stationery and know that out of 180 guests, 90%are potential customers.
From the feedback I have received people are talking(favourably I add!) about my work, so at the wedding I want to look trendy and fashionable..............HELP!
The 'in' colours are black, white, red and lime green!
Absolute non-favourites!
I want a hat too!
I will have my hair done........
oh and I will need shoes/boots???
I just feel it is all so expensive for one day, but I have to get myself motivated and focussed................
I will, just give me a few days!
BUT it is the first day of September tomorrow!!!
Watch this space!
But when you do watch this space understand the picture of Jo, that is just how I feel!
LOL!
Dx
30.8.06
Ever had one of those days?
This song went through my mind yesterday!
We're busy doing nothing, working all day through,
we're trying to find lots of things not to do.
We're busy going nowhere, isn't it such a crime ?
we'd like to be unhappy but we never do have the time.
I have to watch the river to see that it doesn't stop,
and stick around the rosebuds so they'll know when to pop.
Better keep those crickets cheerful,they're really a solemn bunch,
farso, farso. I never have the time for lunch.
I'd like to meet a turtle, and teach him how to swim,
then I have to shine the dew-drops, they're looking rather dim.
Meet my friend the robin and buy him a brand new vest.
Farso, farso, I never have time to rest.
Do you know the type of day I mean?
Set out with good intentions.
I wanted to make my chutney for the village harvest auction!
Figured it would be just nice by beginning of October.
However the day panned out, and out, and out and I achieved nothing!
I felt as though I was simply hanging around to quote the stranglers.
By chance we had to go to Middlesbrough as Jon had to take a job to get welded (does that sound right? will check!) whilst he was with the engineer I had a look round the shops for my wedding outfit.
We are going to a wedding on 9th September and I need a good outfit........
I had a look round and saw nothing spectacular!
and I do want to look spectacular!
You see I have designed & made all of the wedding stationery and know that out of 180 guests, 90%are potential customers.
From the feedback I have received people are talking(favourably I add!) about my work, so at the wedding I want to look trendy and fashionable..............HELP!
The 'in' colours are black, white, red and lime green!
Absolute non-favourites!
I want a hat too!
I will have my hair done........
oh and I will need shoes/boots???
I just feel it is all so expensive for one day, but I have to get myself motivated and focussed................
I will, just give me a few days!
BUT it is the first day of September tomorrow!!!
Watch this space!
But when you do watch this space understand the picture of Jo, that is just how I feel!
LOL!
Dx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Know just how you feel !!!
Take care
Gill (puddies)
Thanks reno and you too Gill!
I will be posting later re pictures of my chutney as I am wanting to make some nice labels.
A chinese quote says "The eyes are the spoon to the soul" so I feel the presentation is just as important as the taste!
Dx
As far as looking good at the wedding --- one support group that has really encouraged me in living an elegant life ( and life on a small farm with 4 kids does not lend itself well to elegance!) is the French Chic yahoo group. Also the chic and slim website at www.annebarone.com.
We also have a wedding this weekend - not sure what I"m wearing either. Have fun!
Thanks favourite apron, will check it out!
Did see an outfit today, but £170....ouch!
Dx
I am still singing that song
love the little poem. it just fits me, can i have it?
Post a Comment