Was talking to a friend who looks at my blog the other day, infact last night.
She said I needed to show where we are up to with the plot/plan/projext.........
so here is a report!

The veg plot...................well Ok dont think nothing has happened...we have had a couple of fires and the next thing to happen will be hubby digging......not because I wont, he wants to do it!
He has got the rotavator working, a bargain at £20!

You can see how the land slopes where we intend to grow the veg....
the shed you can see will be moved....

and will be re-sited on the area under the sycamore.
We will fill in the old septic tank area and the shed will be ideally placed there.
It will house the rotavator and we will have a water but there and also the compost areas.

The Greenhouse plot is still awaiting preparation.
So progress has taken place, be it on a small scale!
It is all down to hubby's business.
It is a very busy time at the moment as he is doing maintenace & repair work for firms who are operating a "shut down" as we speak, ie when production stops for repairs etc. It is a tightly scheduled time, ie all work has to be completed ready for the production to commence on time.
As hubby is the main breadwinner, there is no compromise or discussion....no work, no money!
I do my bit by supporting all I can...both in the workshop and at home.
This morning I delivered a tool to the factory and brought several mould tools back for Jon to machine.
It is strange driving the pick-up.
I have to take roundabouts very carefully as the tools rest on pallettes in the back of the pick-up.
Damage can be caused if they were to move quickly and bang around......
so I drive slowly, much to other drivers annoyance!
I just smile at them!
Oooohhhhh look what arrived today!
Our organic veg delivery!

I like to use the veg straight away, whilst it is fresh!

This afternoon I am going to make....
Vegetable Soup
Cheese & Onion Quiche
Leek & Potato Bake
Lamb Stew
and will source some recipes for spinach, lettuce, mushrooms & peppers!
My Rocket & Salad leaves are coming along!
Definately better in egg sandwiches than the normal cress!

So plot update completed!
Hope it fills in the picture Marie!
Dx
7 comments:
You have been busy!
Well I made a lovely quiche with smoked cheese, leeks, tomatoes and mushrooms for tomorrow.........
hubby come in and said "Ooooooooooh can I have some now?"
1/3 eaten!
Dx
You'll be making stuff like this when you are at home Becki!
lovely to have all that fresh veg, you'll soon be adding your own. I never manage to do anything quickly, but that can be ok as I sometimes change my mind later anyway. will be visiting for updates!
Oh Claire, we are both so excited about the prospect of growing our own!
It rained today and hubby was out with rotavator again...........ground was a bit softer!
So excited about another passionate, shared hobby! Amazingly opposite to our other hobby.............biking!
Dxx
Its coming on-you'll be snowed under in veg next year. You'll be planning crop rotations soon.I'm envious my plot isn't as close to home as yours is. I'd be out there more than I am already.Perhaps we ought to organise our own garden invaders and help each other out!!Think too much alcohol would be consumed and no work done! Hee hee
I can just picture it all - and autumn winter is the best time to get it all sorted - and prepared.
You can get fresher than your own produce, and the excitement you will feel will be far greater than peeking into your veggie bag to see what is inside!
Thanks girls......
wait till you see what we did today,(Thursday)
Post a Comment