31.3.08

Monday's Odd Shot..... Round 2.

Photo of the Day
Scarborough Yesterday



This is my odd shot for a Monday start.

To see more Odd shots see Katney's Blog!

We drove to Scarborough and parked on the front, the marine parade.
When we parked up we had the place to ourselves.

When we returned from the fish and chop stall our bike was surrounded.....by other Honda's.

We had a walk along the harbour and when we returned there was a new arrival....
not a Honda!

Can you spot it?




We really felt as though Spring had finally arrived yesterday.
We had a lovely walk along the parade.



Yes, Flamborough Head, as spotted from Scarborough.
The White Cliffs so noticeable.



For the past few years Scarborough, like many other coastal resorts has been taking extra measures against coastal errosion.

The results can be seen here.....





A speed boat caught my attention as we made our way down the parade.




I certainly felt much better yesterday.
The penicillan was the culprit!
Once this was identified the sickness stopped immediately.

We had followed the weather forecast and knew Sunday was going to be a good day.
We made the most of it, together with the extra hour allowed due to the clocks going backwards for one hour.

A great weekend!

And James Toseland achieved a great 6th position in the Moto GP!


14 comments:

Katney said...

Taht orange one in the second photo is the interloper. I thought you were nuts, because the Odd Shot is usually one photo, I was looking so hard to find something non-Honda about one of those bikes.

We took our grandson on a ferry ride and got some interesting views from above of the bikes and motorcycles waiting on the car deck to disembark.

Sharon said...

I love to read about your outings ant this one was good as always. The bit about costal erasion was interesting.

Lilli & Nevada said...

i guess it must be the blue one since you and hubby are dressed in blue helmets

Outhouse Capital of Canada said...

I think the orange bike is the odd one as it is not a Honda.

ArneA said...

Great to hear your recovery goes well.
Thanks for letting me join your journey.
Yellow bikes?
Know nothing about MC equipment, uses SUV

Calamity Jane said...

We walked past those giant blocks last year - I couldn't remember them being there in 1976 which the last time I'd been to Scarborough prior to that!! Wondered how they were placed there - they're huge!

Libbys Blog said...

How lovely to just pop down and have a walk by the sea! It takes about 3 hours for us to get to the sea!!!

Diane said...

I love a line of brilliant color like this?
Great colorful odd shot!

CherryPie said...

What a great outing, makes me wish I was visiting the area again.

Ah yes the antibiotics can do that, I have had it happen to me. Not nice!

Unknown said...

Yes the yellow bike, a KTM 950 SE :-)
Thanks for letting me join your journey. Good post.

Paulie said...

Neat comparison for Odd Shots!

Barbara said...

Looks like a good day out, glad you are feeling better, penicillin can make you feel worse, BTW I put my clock forward ......

ChrisJ said...

I must have seen your post just as you were putting it up. I saw the photo of Flamborough Head immediately so I've been waiting for you to finish this post. Don't those cliffs look wonderful?!! Sorry I'm biased.

BumbleVee said...

hahahah.... your bike is a Honda magnet!