Photo of the Day
01.04.08
Scarborough harbour, Sunday.
01.04.08
Scarborough harbour, Sunday.
Not everything that can be counted counts,
and not everything that counts can be counted.
Albert Einstein
and not everything that counts can be counted.
Albert Einstein
This morning I had a bath!
Nothing miraculous about that you may think, but it is the first time since the incident with the cliffs and I must say it was wonderful.
I have been visiting the surgery every day to have the dressings changed and last night the wonderful Kris removed the major dressings and the whole process felt wonderful.
Sometimes we take the most basic of things for granted, so when we are not able to enjoy a creature comfort it serves us a wake up call.
I discussed my bath with Kris, thought about it last night and finally this morning I simply enjoyed it.
The anticipation was just as exciting as having the bath itself, now I feel so clean, so wonderful!
Last week, in the middle of the wintery conditions where we saw the snow and ice on our doorstep was not the best time to run out of central heating oil.....but we managed it!
We had about 3 days without central heating.
Fortunately we had the Aga in the kitchen which we cook on and itself does give out heat. Jon also managed to work his engineering magic on a redundant emersion heater switch, so the hot water was plentiful. But it was on a night we felt the cold, in the main lounge.
Again we managed with 2 electric heaters, but when we left the main lounge the drop in temperature was so noticeable.
When the heating oil was delivered on the Saturday I was absolutley over the moon and greeted the tanker driver like a long lost friend.
That night, with the house warm we kept saying to each other, with broad contented smiles...
"Isn't the house warm!" total appreciation!
You could describe Jon and myself as "home birds". We love our home and living here.
This year we will have been in our present house for 17 years. 17 enjoyable and eventful years.
We have been through a lot together, witnessing career changes, deaths of parents, setting up a business, home changes to name but a few of the events.
The kitchen table, being made of a soft wood looks every inch of it's seventeen year life span. Currently needing some form of repair as the surface is well and truly scratched, being the favourite place for Wilma, when we go out on the motorbike. As we pull up on the drive we KNOW the eager little panting face of Wilma will be pressed against the window, as she paces up and down the kitchen table! LOL!
The table which I have written many school reports, signed important documents, eaten many meals and prepared endless cups of tea for friends dropping by.
We enjoy our time together at home.
When we go away, anywhere be it just up to Whitby, a day touring on the bike or a longer holiday away, nothing beats the feeling as we turn in the road for home.
So midst this day of appreciation of the simple things which matter I turn my thoughts to ABC Wednesday, tomorrow.
This project is very dear to my heart and I can assure you will continue.
I all ready know the photograph I will be posting and indeed L too.
I have had many comments, e-mails and messages from many of you this past week.
The bone of contention being Mr Linky.
For every one in favour, there is one against, which doesn't make it any easier.
ABC Wednesday has become very popular and it is this popularity and success which needs to be managed, it can not be allowed to cause the end of the project.
managing the project with Mr Linky has its downfalls. I was finding the very minute I posted the photograph and the Mr Linky link...WITHIN SECONDS there would be people registering. On further inspection I found many of these first posters were blogs which had advertisements which earned revenue, by you and I simply clicking onto the link.
This was not why ABC Wednesday was started.
I would therefore delete the link, often taking time, sometimes I was not getting to bed until past 1am. Totally unacceptable.
I am unsure how ABC Wednesday will be tomorrow, I am thinking about it.
But it will continue.
I think the important thing to remember is it isn't necessary to try and visit everybody straight away, just visit who you can, when you can.
Any blogging network project is all about coming across interesting and motivated self-minded people. Comments will increase and it is up to individuals how they manage their own blog.
I just do my best.
I love being part of this group, knowing as I go about my daily chores, looking for K or L, around the world there are those of you doing exactly the same, and this makes me smile.
Which is what ABC Wednesday was, and is all about.
If a visit here or there can bring about a smile the whole project has been worthwhile.
It is not about being first...and whenever I mention about being first, I am not referring to anybody here, the people always trying to get in first were the less scrupulous ones who had financial interests and issues with ABC Wednesday's project.
This week I was awarded an award from Katney.
I wanted to share it with every participant of ABC Wednesday.
So please cut & paste the award, it is for the creative and imaginative bursts of insight you bring to a Wednesday.

I am closing the comment facility today, so we don't have a misunderstanding of where to post ABC Wednesday's comments etc.
D
Nothing miraculous about that you may think, but it is the first time since the incident with the cliffs and I must say it was wonderful.
I have been visiting the surgery every day to have the dressings changed and last night the wonderful Kris removed the major dressings and the whole process felt wonderful.
Sometimes we take the most basic of things for granted, so when we are not able to enjoy a creature comfort it serves us a wake up call.
I discussed my bath with Kris, thought about it last night and finally this morning I simply enjoyed it.
The anticipation was just as exciting as having the bath itself, now I feel so clean, so wonderful!
Last week, in the middle of the wintery conditions where we saw the snow and ice on our doorstep was not the best time to run out of central heating oil.....but we managed it!
We had about 3 days without central heating.
Fortunately we had the Aga in the kitchen which we cook on and itself does give out heat. Jon also managed to work his engineering magic on a redundant emersion heater switch, so the hot water was plentiful. But it was on a night we felt the cold, in the main lounge.
Again we managed with 2 electric heaters, but when we left the main lounge the drop in temperature was so noticeable.
When the heating oil was delivered on the Saturday I was absolutley over the moon and greeted the tanker driver like a long lost friend.
That night, with the house warm we kept saying to each other, with broad contented smiles...
"Isn't the house warm!" total appreciation!
You could describe Jon and myself as "home birds". We love our home and living here.
This year we will have been in our present house for 17 years. 17 enjoyable and eventful years.
We have been through a lot together, witnessing career changes, deaths of parents, setting up a business, home changes to name but a few of the events.
The kitchen table, being made of a soft wood looks every inch of it's seventeen year life span. Currently needing some form of repair as the surface is well and truly scratched, being the favourite place for Wilma, when we go out on the motorbike. As we pull up on the drive we KNOW the eager little panting face of Wilma will be pressed against the window, as she paces up and down the kitchen table! LOL!
The table which I have written many school reports, signed important documents, eaten many meals and prepared endless cups of tea for friends dropping by.
We enjoy our time together at home.
When we go away, anywhere be it just up to Whitby, a day touring on the bike or a longer holiday away, nothing beats the feeling as we turn in the road for home.
So midst this day of appreciation of the simple things which matter I turn my thoughts to ABC Wednesday, tomorrow.
This project is very dear to my heart and I can assure you will continue.
I all ready know the photograph I will be posting and indeed L too.
I have had many comments, e-mails and messages from many of you this past week.
The bone of contention being Mr Linky.
For every one in favour, there is one against, which doesn't make it any easier.
ABC Wednesday has become very popular and it is this popularity and success which needs to be managed, it can not be allowed to cause the end of the project.
managing the project with Mr Linky has its downfalls. I was finding the very minute I posted the photograph and the Mr Linky link...WITHIN SECONDS there would be people registering. On further inspection I found many of these first posters were blogs which had advertisements which earned revenue, by you and I simply clicking onto the link.
This was not why ABC Wednesday was started.
I would therefore delete the link, often taking time, sometimes I was not getting to bed until past 1am. Totally unacceptable.
I am unsure how ABC Wednesday will be tomorrow, I am thinking about it.
But it will continue.
I think the important thing to remember is it isn't necessary to try and visit everybody straight away, just visit who you can, when you can.
Any blogging network project is all about coming across interesting and motivated self-minded people. Comments will increase and it is up to individuals how they manage their own blog.
I just do my best.
I love being part of this group, knowing as I go about my daily chores, looking for K or L, around the world there are those of you doing exactly the same, and this makes me smile.
Which is what ABC Wednesday was, and is all about.
If a visit here or there can bring about a smile the whole project has been worthwhile.
It is not about being first...and whenever I mention about being first, I am not referring to anybody here, the people always trying to get in first were the less scrupulous ones who had financial interests and issues with ABC Wednesday's project.
This week I was awarded an award from Katney.
I wanted to share it with every participant of ABC Wednesday.
So please cut & paste the award, it is for the creative and imaginative bursts of insight you bring to a Wednesday.

I am closing the comment facility today, so we don't have a misunderstanding of where to post ABC Wednesday's comments etc.
D

7 comments:
I love the photo :-)
I think you should just pick the best way for the project to work for you xx
Everyone else will come round in due time ;-)
PS: I will be joining, but I want to start from A :-) LOL
It's a beautiful picture Denise.. :)
Mr Dan is planning on buying a Ducatti.. teehee..
PEace n hugs, Kai xx
Hello, mine's up! Her name is Kim Coogan and she is my Irish friend! :)
honestly, there is entirely too much of that going around. Blogging for money.
I hate seeing ads on blogs.... it bothers me.... a lot.
crystal sparkling
You should do the post the way it suits you. I have posted here, since I haven't gotten an email invite from you.
Great job on ABC Wednesday.
Post a Comment