24.4.08

Tonight, over the road!


A Photo a Day
6.30pm Thursday View from my study window




All in the April evening,

April airs were abroad;
I saw the sheep with their lambs,
And thought on the Lamb of God.

Katharine Hinkson-Tynan

I always try to capture the moment for Skywatch Friday, and this was the moment tonight, the sheep and lambs belonging to our neighbour, Ronnie the farmer.

To see more skywatchers photographs, vist Tom.

41 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very peaceful scenes with the sheep. Your photos are very nice.

imac said...

Great sky watch - love the baaaaaas.

See my skywatch also the Goat man.

Carole said...

Very peaceful view you have.

SandyCarlson said...

I love that view from your study!

Yuè said...

what a beautiful scenery youve got!

Yuè said...

sorry i forgot to leave my link...

Charm

♥ Denise BC ♥ said...

Pretty pictures, with bucolic scenery, good sky wacth

Carletta said...

Such a rural serene view - love it!

Angie said...

You certainly have a lovely view from your study window.Thanks also for your comment on my other blog.

Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

It rained here all morning - brightened up a little and then early evening we got hailstones! - but the trees are starting to blossom now.

I'm off to count the sheep now but not the ones in your picture.

Rose said...

I would love to just walk into these photos. Nice job!

ellen b. said...

Oh what a lovely view you have from your study!!

Champ Townboy said...

And what a great capture it was!! Awesome!

June said...

Ahhhhh...baahs

Marcos Santos said...

Life is good

Anonymous said...

Peacefull scenes from countryside!
Fantastic colours.

Pretty Life Online said...

Great shot for SWF! mine's up too, hope you can drop by. Have a wonderful friday and weekend!

Betty said...

Mrs. Nesbitt,
My husband and I have been away for a few days and then have had house guests so I'm just now getting back to the computer...

Thanks for visiting with me recently and taking the time to comment....

Please drop by again...Betty@ Country Charm

Lilli & Nevada said...

What a lush green pasture, the sheep really make this photo shot.
Oh yes and the sky is beautiful as well

ArneA said...

Take a look at Maries sheeps. That is a great photo

Tom said...

You caughtthe moment so well... I wish I had such a view from here, I turn now and see beyond my garden and rough field and the backs of terraced homes. I should not complain as I have most of the view blocked out by my sheds and two Silver Birch I planted 20 years ago. Both are near to leaf, and as I write this 4 Blue Tits and a pair of Robins are feeding there.

Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

Just read your comment at Abe Lincolns about Fylingdales.

Some twenty or so years ago I has shooting a video and all the footage from round there had awful interference on the sound.

Jane Hards Photography said...

That could only be England.Really open spacious view and peaceful view.

Rune Eide said...

Sheep + buds = spring

Sandy Kessler said...

so serene and lovely

Daniel J Santos said...

Beautiful catch, well done.

Ingrid said...

What a nice and peaceful view you have !!

Mima said...

You are very lucky to have such a beautiful view out of your window, and a great photo of it too!

Anonymous said...

I could handle looking at that everyday. Nice sky watch.

Sandy said...

I'm with Judy, I would love to look at that view everyday!

Unknown said...

Wow, that is soo soo pretty!

Ramosforest.Environment said...

Beautiful green and sky.

Kat said...

That is stunning. The green is so vibrant and the backdrop so peaceful. Just beautiful!

Unknown said...

Lovely that view from your study!

Sharon said...

I love these two calm lovely pictures! Especially that second one. The sheep grazing, :).

Dr.John said...

The poem goes so well with the picture. Like living next to a Bible story.

A.Bananna said...

hello! it has been a while since I have visited! I just wanted to say hello!

Great sky watch too!

Louis la Vache said...

Beautiful pastoral scenes!

Louis la Vache said...

Louis la Vache found himself in an endless loop when trying to learn how to play ABC Wednesday... Louis would like to join in the fun from his "San Francisco Bay Daily Photo". He assumes that this coming Wednesday will be "O". You may e-mail him at packard5687@mac.com

Unknown said...

Wish I had such a peaceful view Denise. I'm staring out at a City Academy resembling a crash landed UFO!! (But I can still see some of the same hills you're looking at, albeit from the other side!)

Nice pics.
Gary

Barbara said...

Great photos - Weplayed All in the April Evening in a concert last night, one of my favourites.