
The War of the Old Twisted Tree
Silence.
Broken only by a timorous whisper of the wind,
caught in the exausted tree with braches curled out towards the heavens.
Gasping for breath it starts to howl.
Gradually it get so intense until nothing can be heard over the shrill screaming of the torment the twisted tree grips it in.
Wheezing and choking it is locked inside the arms.
It grasps for some glimpse of hope.
The tree sways and quivers under the colossal pressure.
Twisting and turning with the burden of the forver war cry.
They battle until dusk.
Finally, the wind, battered and bruised takes its final breath of defeat.
It mourns in anguish for its freedom.
Sorrow overflows into it's soulless heart as it hides in the corner of the embrace the tree holds over it.
Nothing can be heard but a timorous whisper of the wind,
caught in the exausted tree with branches curled out towards the heavens. Silence.
By TopClass
Warped & Twisted
Harsh words & violent blows
Hidden secrets nobody knows
Eyes are open, hands are fisted
Deep inside I'm warped & twisted
So many tricks & so many lies
Too many whens & too many whys
Nobody's special, nobody's gifted
I'm just me, warped & twisted
Sleeping awake & choking on a dream
Listening loudly to a silent scream
Call my mind, the number's unlisted
Lost in someone so warped & twisted
On my knees, alive but dead
Look at the invisible blood I've bled
I'm not gone, my mind has drifted
Don't expect much, I'm warped & twisted
Burnt out, wasted, empty, & hollow
Today's just yesterday's tomorrow
The sun died out, the ashes sifted
I'm still here, warped & twisted
by Skittles
To see more Photohunter's visit TN Chick
Silence.
Broken only by a timorous whisper of the wind,
caught in the exausted tree with braches curled out towards the heavens.
Gasping for breath it starts to howl.
Gradually it get so intense until nothing can be heard over the shrill screaming of the torment the twisted tree grips it in.
Wheezing and choking it is locked inside the arms.
It grasps for some glimpse of hope.
The tree sways and quivers under the colossal pressure.
Twisting and turning with the burden of the forver war cry.
They battle until dusk.
Finally, the wind, battered and bruised takes its final breath of defeat.
It mourns in anguish for its freedom.
Sorrow overflows into it's soulless heart as it hides in the corner of the embrace the tree holds over it.
Nothing can be heard but a timorous whisper of the wind,
caught in the exausted tree with branches curled out towards the heavens. Silence.
By TopClass
One of my favourite sights in our garden.
The garden holds so many thoughts of new life, plans, dreams.
It is a place of regeneration and creativity, passion.
But this is a picture of my favourite place.
We sit here, beneath the twisted branches.
It is infact a layered hedge effect, about as old as me....
but with great spirit!
The twisted branches weaving their way into a pure art form!
The garden holds so many thoughts of new life, plans, dreams.
It is a place of regeneration and creativity, passion.
But this is a picture of my favourite place.
We sit here, beneath the twisted branches.
It is infact a layered hedge effect, about as old as me....
but with great spirit!
The twisted branches weaving their way into a pure art form!
Talking of Twisted...........
Thanks to the many many words & comments of support re the anonymous comments.
so anonymous....one just for you!
Dxx
Thanks to the many many words & comments of support re the anonymous comments.
so anonymous....one just for you!
Dxx
Warped & Twisted
Harsh words & violent blows
Hidden secrets nobody knows
Eyes are open, hands are fisted
Deep inside I'm warped & twisted
So many tricks & so many lies
Too many whens & too many whys
Nobody's special, nobody's gifted
I'm just me, warped & twisted
Sleeping awake & choking on a dream
Listening loudly to a silent scream
Call my mind, the number's unlisted
Lost in someone so warped & twisted
On my knees, alive but dead
Look at the invisible blood I've bled
I'm not gone, my mind has drifted
Don't expect much, I'm warped & twisted
Burnt out, wasted, empty, & hollow
Today's just yesterday's tomorrow
The sun died out, the ashes sifted
I'm still here, warped & twisted
by Skittles
To see more Photohunter's visit TN Chick
25 comments:
I can't believe I'm first...
Love the twisted everything. I especially love the last poem, its perfect.
Denise,
When you have the time come over as i have something for you
What a fantastic photo Mrs Nesbitt, a beautiful spot indeed and the poetry is great too. Have a great weekend.
I feel twisted today. Interesting photo and the poems are wonderful.
There is something oddly familiar about that tree but I can't place it.
A good choice.
Wow, what kind of tree is that? Looks like something from Shrek! LOL
Great shot and I love the poems too!
What a wonderful post. Great shot and such beautiful poems. Have a great weekend
This is one hell of a twisted tree but it is real beautiful with the way you shot the photo. Great job!
http://crizcats.blogspot.com/
Certainly twisted that tree.
Loved the story and verse.
that is a great photo
Great tree, lovely words...
Hi Denise!
Wonderful post, great shot and good idea for this weeks theme.
Happy saturday.
Wonderful twisty tree. What type is it? It does look old.
Fantastic entry and I loved the poems!
What a beautiful pic! Everything is coming up green these days; I love it!
Your twisty tree looks like a good place to hang out. I also have a twisty tree among my Twisted phots, but you know that as you've been by to see.
That looks like something out of Lord of the Rings, what an interesting photograph :-)
I'd like to see that tree on a windy day, it's branches moving with the air. Nice photo.
Twisted indeed - simliar to the minds of anonymous letter (and comment) writers. Glad you gor rid of them
Have a look at my trove of the day here . Maybe something for you husband?
I have so many images in my mind after your photo and poetry. I won't ever see a tree in the wind the same way. And you do, in UK, have the most amazing trees for some reason.
http://meeyauw.blogspot.com/2008/04/photo-hunters-twist-on-turkeys.html
It is a very artistic photo.Very nice shot!Thanks for visiting my blog:-)
Twisted tree indeed. Lovely photo and words to suit.
A for anonmynous commnetators, I did for a time, have what can only be described as a blog stalker on my other blog.
Delete and ignore, them mindless numpties.
Marvelous twisted tree, perfect for today.
WOW! That poem, Warped and Twisted is scary. Must have come from some one who is very unhappy. It's almost a cry for help.
I always try and follow the English bloggers where they go for pictures with my Philips Navigator road atlas or my OS maps, I have the N Yorkshire Moors 1-25000 OS maps so can follow you around from my laptop ( I also need a new laptop)
Good pic of the twisted branches
Post a Comment