16.3.08

A Full weekend and a surprise decision!



Photo of the Day


16.03.08


Wilma, yesterday, Skinningrove Beach!








"Dogs are better than children.Even my friends with children say that.



As a dog friend of mine likes to say, children are for people who can't have dogs."





I laughed when I read the quote above. Not sure who said it but it is funny!



Yes, another visit to the beach with Wilma and to add a point of interest into our time there I played hunt the ball! As you can see, Wilma eventually clawed her way up the base of the cliffs to retrieve the ball. We spent a very active 40 minutes in all and Wilma slept for the best part of the afternoon.



For dinner on Saturday I cooked salmon fillets.....more of that on Wednesday!



Today, Sunday we decided to go out for a bike ride.



We were heading towards the Lakes kind of direction but after about 9 miles it became quite obvious we were heading in the wrong direction as the sky looked really dark ahead.



We turned round and went to Whitby!







We had a short break and as Jon was eating his soup I read one of the motorbike newspapers which was in the cafe. I commented that the Moto GP Assen Round takes place on my birthday weekend.."Do you fancy going? Jon said!


Well, I can tell you once the thought was put into my tiny brain my mind went into overdrive. We love going to Holland as we travel on the overnight ferry from Newcastle, only about one hour's ride from our house. So I did have a good think!






Here you can see the rain on the bike!


We went home, but first we went to the fishmongers, a fantastic place I always use.






I enjoy kippers! Have you ever eaten kippers?










Jon waited for me on the harbourside, I thought this would make a good photograph with the view of Whitby in the background!




By the time we arrived home I had indeed thought about going to Assen and to cut a long story short I can now say at 5.25pm we are now booked on the Ferry and have 2 nights booked in a hotel in Emmen! How is that for action!


Tomorrow I will book the GP Race Day Tickets.


This is who we support...

Not only is he British, infact the only Brit in the competition, but he is from yorkshire!

I have met James on a few occasions and will have to dig out my photographs and bore you all with them! LOL! Watch this space!

Talking of yorkshire.....this always makes me laugh! ENJOY!



Yes, a great weekend!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ay up, D dear,
My son put the hilarious Yorkshire Airlines clip on www.capandpipe.com ,one of the young farmers' websites, last season and I can honestly say we laughed ourselves silly watching it,(being Yorkshire puds ourselves)so I'm glad it makes you titter too! Hope you enjoy your instant hol, Whitby loooks a tad chilly today, though.
Lv. Mrs.G.H.

CherryPie said...

What a great picture of Wilma. It looks like you had a really fun day out on your bike!

CG said...

Lovely pic of Wilma and great doggy quotes.

ArneA said...

A visit is a visit is a visit.
Just wonder if your dog is together with you in a side wagon on your journeys, or if you have a private kennel when biking

mrsnesbitt said...

Ay up Mrs GH!
LOL! I love it! Just like we talk round ere our lass!

Cherrypie
Yes a great pic of Wilma....just for a change! LOL!

CG
She is a natural beauty!

Arnea
Both Wilma and Elsie will be kennels, Ella in the cattery and Jo the goose will be put to bed by our neighbour! We have discussed getting a sidecar, can just picture Wilma in a headscarf and sunglasses! LOL! Trouble is Jon may forget there was a sidecar and do a spot of filtering......ouch! LOL!

Dragonstar said...

Oh!!! WOW!!! I'm SOOOOO jealous!!! We'll be watching the action, so wave like h**l at the camera and we'll wave back!
Oh, and give James our love. He doesn't know us, but we think he's great, and Colin Edwards has always been a bit of a favourite, too.
Have a great time!

Chef Jeena said...

Wow MrsNesbitt that is one beautiful German Shephard! I love your dog. :-D

Jan said...

I'm looking forward to your reports on your birthday and the race. Sounds wonderful.

ChrisJ said...

Now THAT'S the Yorkshire I remember!
Very down to earth, I should say.
I do like the fact that Yorkshire people always speak their mind -- none of this shilly-shallying around.

Nice photos of Whitby. You can get good fish and chips there too.

Wilma is my favorite 'blog dog'."Ah could jist cuddle oop and tek a snooze wi' 'er"

photowannabe said...

Love that you can make such fun plans for your birthday. I know you will have a wonderful time.
Also love the picture of Wilma tuckered out.

Mike said...

We're off to the Brno MotoGP in August. I can't wait.

mrsnesbitt said...

Dragonstar,
I have met Colin Edwards and have his signature on my leathers, I also have James Toseland, Neil Hodgson, Troy Bayliss there too!

Jeena,
Yes Wilma is wonderful...she has voices in her head but she is beautiful!

Jan,
Great...we will be going to the osle of Man TT too, June 1st!

Chris,
Yes, there's a lot to be said for Yorkshire! LOL!