21.3.08

Skywatch Friday..nearly at a Price!


A Photo a Day
21.03.08
Morning Walk a Couple of Days Ago


"Someone with his head in the clouds is seeing clouds, rather than what's going on way down here on earth.

If his head is in the clouds, he is way too distracted to know what's going on. He is in a rarefied and remote atmosphere."


Do you like my skywatch Friday photograph?
It didn't come easily or without a drama!

On Wednesday Wilma and I were out walking on the beach.
Throwing and fetching the ball, the usual stuff! Then I let Wilma have a go! LOL!

I was concentrating on the sky, deciding where was the best place to be to capture the angry sky!






I was standing on the rocks in view above.
They lie beween the beach and the sea.




I was suddenly aware of Wilma's stance!



What was she looking at?





She had dropped her ball down between the rocks.

The wind was building up and the sea was crashing against the rocks.
I put my camera into my pocket and had to lay on the rocks, roll my sleeve up and reach down into the icy water and rescue the ball.

Now I am only 5'2'' tall, so I was quite some time!






When I had the ball I turned to see the sea crashing over the rocks,into our path back to the beach!
We only had a few moments to scramble off the rocks and head back to the car!

Drama at Sea!

The Sea is unpedictable!
One of my favourite poems came to mind.
I remember reading this at school.

The Sea by James Reeves The sea is a hungry dog, Giant and grey. He rolls on the beach all day. With his clashing teeth ans shaggy jaws Hours upon hour he gnaws The rumnlin, tumbling stones, And ‘Bones, bones, bones, bones!’ The gaint sea-dog moans, Licking his greasy paws. And when the nigh wind roars And the moon rocks in the stormy cloud, He bound to his feet and snuffs and sniffs, Shaking his wet side over the cliffs, And howls and hollos long and loud. But on auite days in May or June, When even the grasses on the dune Play no more their reedy tune, With his head between his paws He likes on the sandy shores, So quiet, so quiet, he scarely snores.

The Oil Painting of the Storm on the Sea of Galilee seems so appropriate to, on this Easter Friday.
You can read more about it here




Later that night as I was looking out of the window the calm sunset did not give away any signs of drama....what a day!




Happy Easter!

For more Skywatch Friday Pictures visit Tom at Wigger's World

41 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice swf post with great pictures!

Leslie: said...

Really enjoyed your story about Wilma dropping her ball in the water. Phew! you just made it before being trapped! :D

Carletta said...

Quite a day for you, but the pictures are wonderful! It's hard to decide which one I like best.
Lovely.

Dottie said...

The drama paid off. That's an excellent photo. The day ended nicely with a beautiful sunset! Happy Easter.

SandyCarlson said...

I love Wilma's place in your world! Thanks for telling us this story. Wonderful photos!

Annie said...

You are Wilma's hero(ine), Dx.

Celebrate your weekend.

Travis said...

Nice Sky Watch Photos here. Thanks for posting them. I really enjoyed your blog. Sounds like an interesting but fun trip.

Luiz Santilli Jr said...

Nice photos of interesting action!!

Rock, send, sea and clouds are always in our mind!

Luiz

dot said...

Wow, you scared me! I thought you were going to say you fell.

BumbleVee said...

how beautiful are all the pics...and how much fun it must be to be able to go to the seashore every day....sigh... I am landlocked....

Lilli & Nevada said...

Beautiful

Daniel Chérouvrier said...

Nice story and pics.
Some years ago my dog rescued the teddy bear of our little sonin Sweden. The teddy had fallen along a clift and the dog managed to find it and bring it back.

Anonymous said...

Wilma is going to be a great actress, a future Oscar.

Miss Robyn said...

Just popping by quickly to say hello! And to let you know that there is still no sign of Harry!

Anonymous said...

That dog picture in your banner cracks me up every time I see it.

Nice sky photos. I like them with the sea.

Have a nice holiday weekend.

Abraham Lincoln
Brookville

Pixiedust said...

Wilma made me laugh looking down to her ball. My dog Woody does that all the time, as much to say come on then mum you can get it. I don't know if I would have tried to get that ball of Wilma's though. I would have gone in for sure! lol xx

Daniel J Santos said...

excellent post, beautiful photos, a great idea, well done.

ArneA said...

Agree "what a day". Lucky the tide did not catch you.
Great story (read it all today) and the photos is making it stronger.
Happy Easter.

Tom said...

Dear Mrs Nesbitt...
Hello there.. So glad you made it safely back from the rocks... a lesson to us all when our minds are on a certain shot we should be aware of just where our feet are.
A beautiful set of Sky Watch pictures and a great poen thrown in as a bonus...

Have a great weekend
Tom

Kyanite said...

As ever you've lovely photo's and I love to see Wilma.
I'm enjoying my participation in your ABC Wed so much - sorry my comments ahave been few & far between - I've just joined Sky Watch this week too - my first time.

Happy Easter
Best wishes
Blue

PS - Re your quiz question, my answer funnily enough won't record but you are right it is No 1option! LOL!

Michele said...

Such beautiful pictures in an amazing area.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

What a great story. You had me with the first picture with the rocks against the sky.

CherryPie said...

Great photo adventure story. Lucky you got up when you did...

I hope you have a great Easter!

Andrea said...

Wow, what drama. Great Sky Watch Pictures.

Happy Easter.

Libbys Blog said...

Its amazing how many people have no respect for the sea. Being a seafarers daughter we always, especially on holiday check tide times before we set foot on the beach, cos as tempting as little coves are they can be very dangerous places at certain tide times!!!!!!

Carole said...

This was wonderful! I am an absolute sucker for dogs, so I started smiling the second I got to your page and saw that pic up on top. I LOVE your sky watch pictures.

Ramosforest.Environment said...

Good.
Photos and subject.
Luiz Ramos

artisbliss said...

How exciting, but perhaps not in a very fun way. I'm glad you're both safe and sound (and dry!). Have a happy Easter.

Anonymous said...

Great skywatch photos.

Daryl said...

nice.. glad she found the ball!

Dick said...

Excellent pictures, the first one is my favorite.

EG CameraGirl said...

Wilma certainly adds drama to your life!

Petunia said...

This post is awesome! Wonderful picture and your lovely dog, Wilma. My SWF post today is called "beauty and the beast" and the tittle on the photo on the top of your blog should be "Sleeping beauty". LOL!
Happy Easter!!!

Sheila said...

That could have been nasty..!
Glad it all ened happily and you got to post your photos..!
Happy Easter..

photowannabe said...

Delightful drama Denise. Your Wilma really keeps you on your toes. Love the pictures and your banner is one of my favorites.

Misty DawnS said...

These are gorgeous photos, my friend, but I especially love the story of the ball rescue ;-) You know I'm a dog lover! My Molly has lost about three balls in our pond! Poor girl.

KaiBlue said...

happy Easter chuck!! you're sucha good mummy to rescue the ball for Wilma,
PEace, Kai xx

Berit T said...

So many beautiful photo.

Happy Easter

Outhouse Capital of Canada said...

You had quite a day on the rocks with Wilma, you hear of people trying to rescue a dog , they drown and the dog swims ashore.
Had the same thing myself, walked too far along the shore and the tide came in, we had to run.

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

Mummy is 5ft 2ins too! She got cort owt on a beech in Ostraylia. Suddenly the warter waz up to her waiste an she duzzent swim! Lukily her unkol spotted her an run over an pulled her up onto the roks!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great story and wonderful photos. You have great quotes too.