Photo of the Day
20.03.08
View from the window
20.03.08
View from the window
Yes, very short...I had the camera on the wrong setting.
I didn't delete it as I thought it was a nice glimpse of Wilma in her element!
The weather is particularly cold because we have ran out of heating oil.
Living where we do, we have no mains gas, so our central heating is powered by oil fired central heating boiler and a solid fuel Aga, which is housed in the kitchen.
When we have moments like today we have a portable electric heater.
It is just a case of dressing warm and working out what I need to do and where I can do it.
The kitchen is the warmest room so it would be sensible to spend time there, I may cook or bake!
My day was brightened when I saw this...
I didn't delete it as I thought it was a nice glimpse of Wilma in her element!
The weather is particularly cold because we have ran out of heating oil.
Living where we do, we have no mains gas, so our central heating is powered by oil fired central heating boiler and a solid fuel Aga, which is housed in the kitchen.
When we have moments like today we have a portable electric heater.
It is just a case of dressing warm and working out what I need to do and where I can do it.
The kitchen is the warmest room so it would be sensible to spend time there, I may cook or bake!
My day was brightened when I saw this...

I received a Post of the Day award from David!
Thanks David...it brought a ray of sunshine to my cloudy day!
(cue for a song!)
Well I was thinking about a song for the day and went down memory lane.
One of my all time favourite groups is/was Roxy Music.
Bryan Ferry is just soooooooooooooooo cool!
He was born in Newcastle and went to the same school as somebody I once worked with.
She was a deputy head....later to become a Headteacher.
She dressed in crocheted waistcoats and always wore thick woolly tights, brougues and tartan skirt...........I use to giggle as I imagined her sitting next to Bryan Ferry in school!
LOL!
Now there's a picture! LOL!
A definate better start to the day!

16 comments:
Good morning to you
At last ending washing all the 45 x2 windows in this apartment
:)
Arnea,
What a contrast...your city/cosmopolitan environment and our rural village.
A few houses, a few farms, sheep, cows oh and a pig farm up the lane!
Congratulations! Came over from David! Like your blog & your lovely relaxed dog!
Regarding your visit to the National Gallery with Ian and the female (not lady) tutting, I must admit that I did not read you post good enough.
Now I am proud of you and Ian.
May be he would like my painting of the cottage as many has said that is in van Gogh style.
You cannot win them all, and many of the museum and Gallery visitors are snobbish without competence.
Competence = (knowledge + skill) x Attitude
With no attitude, no competence
:-)
maggie, Hi & welcome. Yes Wilma is relaxed.....after a good walk....today however she wont be having a walk in the torrential rain!
LOL!
Arnea
Thank you.
It does indeed sit close to my heart...art does evoke a passion doesn't it?
I despise the snobbery!
I saw on your profile page that you're a calligrapher! I am too...I've been doing it since I was ten. I teach at our local JoAnn's store (a store that sells art/craft items).
It's fun to read the British flavor of your blog. The way you described your house made me picture it!
Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's rainy and cold here in Indiana too. Blah!
Sniz,
Thanks.
Yes calligraphy plays an important role in my business. I enjoy it so much.
The Aga will surely be busy today, Dx, and so will you. Once the room is warm and cozy I imagine you will sit with a cup of tea, feeling happy in your world.
Love the Wilma clip :-)
Happy rainy day to you! We had ours yesterday.
All your posts are great!
I've lived with an oil-fired furnace before and have run out of heating oil more than once, so I know what you're going through. Hope you get your heat back soon.
That Wilma is quite a girl.
Annie,
Yes the Aga has been well received today, though we still do not have any oil...never mind the electric heaters are currently warming the lounge!
Cherrypie
Thanks, short clip but she is so gorgeous. She is asleep right now. Hoping rain stops so she can have a long run tomorow.
Dot,
Gee Thanks Dot! Rain stopped for the mo but sky looks black.
artisbliss
Guess it goes with oil as a fuel eh!
Thanks
Dxx
Thanks for the visit!
Luiz
We had rain yesterday. Today was windy and cool. The dog looks like it is having fun on the beach.
Rain, rain go away...come again someother day. Everyone seems to have weird weather now. We have had sun and I so enjoy it.
I hope Wilma and you get to romp very soon.
luiz, my pleasure.
Andrea...we hope so!
Photowannabe
Me to! PLEASEEEEEEE!
Post a Comment