

A March Snow
Let the old snow be covered with the new:
The trampled snow, so soiled, and stained, and sodden.
Let it be hidden wholly from our view By pure white flakes, all trackless and untrodden.
When Winter dies, low at the sweet Spring's feet Let him be mantled in a clean, white sheet.
Let the old life be covered by the new:
The old past life so full of sad mistakes, Let it be wholly hidden from the view
By deeds as white and silent as snow-flakes.
Ere this earth life melts in the eternal Spring
Let the white mantle of repentance fling Soft drapery about it, fold on fold,
Even as the new snow covers up the old.
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Let the old snow be covered with the new:
The trampled snow, so soiled, and stained, and sodden.
Let it be hidden wholly from our view By pure white flakes, all trackless and untrodden.
When Winter dies, low at the sweet Spring's feet Let him be mantled in a clean, white sheet.
Let the old life be covered by the new:
The old past life so full of sad mistakes, Let it be wholly hidden from the view
By deeds as white and silent as snow-flakes.
Ere this earth life melts in the eternal Spring
Let the white mantle of repentance fling Soft drapery about it, fold on fold,
Even as the new snow covers up the old.
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Today the skies are grey and wintery.
Spring is nearly here I am led to believe.
A quiet weekend.
Spring is nearly here I am led to believe.
A quiet weekend.
Visit Tom for Skywatch Friday's Participants.
21 comments:
I have seen just such a view as this.. I did like that poem... I will copy that to my poem folder..
Tom
wow Denise,
There's snow everywhere haha, but better be carefull with driving around, and use some winter tires.
I like you words/way of poems!
Have a great weekend , please come for a visit at my blog with 48 Sky's (collage) from Luxemburg...
Greetings from JoAnn (Holland)
and I've more of my travels...in Europe.
A very nice poem and a splendid and amazing photo.
Well done.
I seem to read something between the lines here, but will not spell it out.
All the best to you and I hope for a speedy recovery!
PS Talking of snow and spring - take a peep at my latest post when you have got time.
PPS Thank you for a nice comment! It will not be a large contribution from my side in this week's SWF
Nice poem and interesting SKY WATCH picture from someone who sees very little snow clouds.
Hope you are feeling better today.
Beautiful picture and poem! Hope you are feeling better and enjoy your weekend.
I feel as thought I could disappear into that fog!
I like the poem and your picture is awesome
Seems like winter holds the grip.... Lovely poem.
Wishing you a nice weekend! :)
great photo, great poem, excellent post.
Nice poem and a splendid photo.
splendid place
nice sky!!!
JU Gioli
Beautiful scene and the poem is so lovely
Spring will come Dear Denise. Rest and get refreshed. I do like this picture and the poem.
Yess,why not take a photo when the sky lookes like that too,wonderful photo and poem.Have a nice weekend:o)
I adore foggy/misty shots! This is lovely! But I do hope Spring arrives for you soon!
Lovely poem!
What a beautiful poem :-) I am going to be having a quiet weekend too, I rushed round and did all the things that needed doing this afternoon!
Amazing photo and great poem!
Every time I see your header, I just wanna scratch your doggie's belly ;-)
We had snow here this morning and it was quite the surprise! Our spring has been cold and miserable so far, a lot like yours. I can hardly wait to come visit and see the moors again. Have a lovely quiet weekend. :D
Love the photo and your poem!!
The snow is going away here, it is raining,blowing...
Happy weekend to you.
The North York Moors is such a beautiful place and the weather/season seems to change by the minute ~ a great photo Denise. I hope that spring will soon be on its way.
Enjoy your weekend
Marie x
Post a Comment