26.3.08

ABC Wednesday....J is for.....

JOURNEY! Just up the road!
I am often struck by the diverse places we all refer to....
here is ours.

On Monday, I wasn't feeling my best so Jon took me out in the pick-up.
We drove up the road and turned left.


We drove down the Moor Road,



and up onto the Moors.


We passed Ralph's Cross




passed some impressive scenery,
the moors were very bleak,
yet beautiful as ever!



We were about an hour, then we made our way back to home.
The next turning left takes us to our village.
You can see how close we are to both the sea and the Moors




The road home!




Hope you enjoyed your Journey!

Now you see how rural and issolated we are.


Please note....I would be grateful if next week people wait for me to post first.

106 comments:

ArneA said...

J for Journey and Jon.
I have some problems with seeing some of your photos, but will return later today to see all your bblogpost
I am also up, and visit ArneA and my ABCW - J post

Rune Eide said...

A double J for you - an interesting journey back home. What could be better than that? Close to the sea and close to the moors - the best of everything!

Mine is up here.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your journey.
Mine is up.
http://kbbryant.wordpress.com/2008/03/25/a-b-c-wednesday-2/

kathy b

Berit T said...

Very beautiful!!

Here is mine:
http://berittjosvoll.blogspot.com

KOSTAS said...

Splendid set photographs, marvellous travel, very good post!

FO - 2 said...

I enjoyed the Jorney! :)
Through your words.
I can`t see all of your photos in this post, sorry to say.
Only the three first.
The third looks magic.
Hope you feel all well by now!

Pernille said...

Hello:) I have som trubbel to see your photo, but from the text I can understand what it is. So I think you have a great J. I will come back later to look at the photos:)
Mine's up now and you can see them here: http://pernillestingogtang.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lovely drive. Sadly, I can only see your first three pics, so I'll check back with you later. Hope you're healing well after your accident.

My ABC post is here

VP said...

Oops guilty as charged Denise - I sped read your post and missed your vital instruction about waiting :(

Some of us like me need a masterclass on how to put a full link into a comment instead of just the text!

Looks like you had a lovely J - hope you're feeling better now.

Again, my J's up at:

http://vegplotting.blogspot.com/2008/03/abc-wednesday-j-is-for.html

Anne-Berit said...

Great Js from you,I have now published my ABC-W,and you can find it on:http://hundegal.blogspot.com/

Pernille said...

Now I could see the photo 1-3! 4-6 wasn't there. But the photos I could, I enjoyed!! Nice journey!

DeeJay said...

Mine's up
A slightly different sort of Journey

Paulie said...

Well, something woke me up and I see you finally posted so here I am! I couldn't see all your journey photos either but I have been having trouble with Blogger also and it might be the same for me. I might have to re-load them IF people say they can't see BECAUSE my word deems it necessary for you to see.

Please come and see mine too!
PostcardsfromPaulie

Silly Goose said...

Thank you for a interesting journey around the countryside where you live.

My post is here:
http://catch-a-falling-star24.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I enjoyed the Jorney, great J choice. Good post.



John`s Photoblog

Anonymous said...

Beautiful journey and beautiful landscapes!

Here is my “J” for ABC Wednesday :)

http://1-brin-de-muguet.blogspot.com/

FO - 2 said...

I can see them all now! Great!:)

imac said...

Nice photos and story line but like arnea I too can only see some photos.
Mine is up
http://imac-photosfromthemindseye.blogspot.com/.
I posted mine last night-due to shift work, sometimes its easier than waiting till wed eve to post,As you stated I did wait to come and post on yours when you posted yours.Sorry for the confusion but its easier for me when I get the time.

Michele said...

Mine is up and you may view it here...
The Rocky Mountain Retreat

Anonymous said...

My J is up

Anonymous said...

My J is up

http://phoenix-stephen.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I still can't see all the pics, but your last pic reminds me of an area of high moorland near Swansea, known as Cefn Bryn. It also has sea views. You're lucky to live in such splendid isolation!

hpy said...

The journey must have been good, the photos are beautiful, but the weather wasn't excellent.

here is my post.

mrsnesbitt said...

IGNORE THE SMALL BLACK BOXES, THESE ARE PICASSA...I HAVE REPLACED THE PHOTOGRAPHS SO THE POST IS COMPLETE.

Unknown said...

I love journeys. You can visit my J listing here

Miss Robyn said...

I cannot wait to see the moors!
mine is up... but if I wait for you to post each week.. it will be Thursday for me!

Miss_Yves said...

beautiful and romantic landscapes !
Miss Yves

Anonymous said...

I'm going on a Journey too, Thurs 26th March, evening, flying to Cambodia, and then to Thailand. My J is... I'm sure very unique, nobody will have it. hehe. Check it out here

Digital Flower Pictures said...

Sorry for screwing up the system as I thought I was posting here when I was actually posting on the changes thread.

I enjoyed your pictures this week.

My post is up @
Digital Flower Pictures J Post

Daryl said...

Mine is Up ..

One problem with this is that it is more difficult to visit people's blogs because you must go from your blog to their's and back again over and over and over rather than having a single jumping off spot. I dont mean to sound whiny but having Mr Linky meant have the page you visit open in a separate window while still remaining on the Mr Linky page .. I say this upfront with sincere apologies but I am not going to be able to do that with everyone .... I dont have the time as I am at work .. I'll give it a shot this week but I dont know if I can continue to participate and I am sure I am in the minority here so apologies to all I dont get to visit.

menopausaloldbag (MOB) said...

Fantastic pictures and scenery. The dog in a coma on the couch picture made me laugh out loud - it looks so very very comfortable. Was there a log fire on the go too just to complete the picture?!

Gordon said...

Quite a journey; some lovely scenery along the way.

My J post is up; Adelaide in Photos

Dragonstar said...

Looks like a lovely Journey, but rather cold on the moors! I've no idea how to make a proper link, so I'll just paste the address here:
http://dragonstardays.blogspot.com/2008/03/abc-wednesday-j.html

ArneA said...

your photos are more and more visible.
Beautiful landscapes
Have to visit you often to look at more respondents
12 before I had to leave earlier - 33 now

dot said...

Mine is up and I'm sorry we all misunderstood you and went ahead and made our posts. http://www.strollingthroughgeorgia.blogspot.com

Petunia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Petunia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Your journey looks fun, it must be nice to live out away from traffic.
My post is up, and I am sorry that I was one of the one who posted before you. Sometimes I work early on Wed. or have to stay until late in the evening and if I don't post on late Tues. I might not get a chance. I don't want to miss out on the fun.
http://autumnsmeadow.blogspot.com/2008/03/abc-wednesday-letter-j.html

Gerald (SK14) said...

I just got back online after my phone line got repaired - Per Stromso posted Hyde DP's effort - see http://hydedailyphoto.blogspot.com/2008/03/jolly-carter.html

I'll post from Ackworth born later today when I've sorted myself out.

Marcia said...

I posted mine here at Learning Mama.

Alan said...

A few of the photos don't show for me either, but the ones that do paint a nice picture of your journey. Being isolated and rural is often a good thing - I miss it sometimes for sure.

http://penglynns.blogspot.com

As for posting early, some of us have no free time on Wednesdays in which to post - only a few moments to visit maybe - and therefore have to post on Tuesday night or else wait until Thursday... :) Between work and church and choir on Wednesdays I am out all day from morning until sometimes 10 pm.

Katney said...

My J was up early, but that was by accident. I had had it set to post at midnight, but when I edited it to change the logo, it posted. After having had some problems, I decided to leave it, but didn't come here till this morning.

I would love to wander the moors, and perhaps some day will get to. (Some of your pictures did not come up.) I am always ready for a journey. (I'm ready for K, too. LOL)

Now, let's see if I can do this as a link. Here is my J

lv2scpbk said...

I like the Journey. Never thought of that for ABC Wed. Nice post. I like the tree out in the field it makes it look eery. I also really like the road continuing on into infinity.

My ABC post is now up.

Anonymous said...

Well I'm finally up on the West coast of the USA so here is my link
http://happywonderer.wordpress.com/2008/03/25/abc-wednesday-j-is-for/

Mrs. Nesbitt, I loved your idea for J. Looks like a lovely cold journey you had. I always appreciate seeing photos from other lands...Have a great Wednesday...

If you click on ellen b you should get directly to my post...

Jean M Fogle said...

What an incredible area you live in! I love looking at the pics

Lana G! said...

Those pictures are beautiful. I think the my favorite is Raph's Cross. I think it is the bleakness that makes it so beautiful!

Jean M Fogle said...

I forgot to add , MIne Is Up!
http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/dogaholics/

Lana G! said...

Sorry so caught up in the beauty of your pictures I forgot to leave my link :)

http://airmiles.wordpress.com/2008/03/25/abc-wednesday-j/

Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

lovely to see those roads. After a glitch with blogger I've just my J for Joggers and (hopefully) Job Well Done.

http://ackworthborn.blogspot.com/2008/03/abc-wednesday-j-is-for-joggers.html

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hey Denise,

Of course you J is about a journey you were making, how could you not post something about JOURNEY...

I had to read first about the (not) MR LINKY but found out that we need another logo first and not a sigin at Mr linky, OKthat fine with me.

well I posted a J for My given birthname Johanna, JoAnn and more J's . I hope you find my ABC and go to visit my blog click on , www.joannwalraven.blogspot.com ?

Have great ABC eveyone nd please visit mine too if you can,

JoAnn

Lynette said...

Mine is up at http://portlandoregondailyphoto.blogspot.com.

I have no idea if clicking on that will take you there, but you can copy and paste it into your address bar.

That cross is lovely, Mrs. Nesbitt. Journey is a perfect J.

Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

Just read yesterday's post (couldn't earlier due to my connectivity problems) but since comments there are closed will comment here.

I don't think Denise means people shouldn't post until after she's posted - only that they can't tell everyone they've done so until she's posted and to be patient. I can see how that might be inconvenient for some people - but at the end of the day there is no one perfect way to do this kind of thing.

Let us not make what is a fun and enjoyable passtime into some kind of chore.

Ramosforest.Environment said...

Nice and fun project.
Congratulations.

Neva said...

You live in a very beautiful place. My "J" is nowhere near as beautiful as yours!
Mine is up here

DeeMom said...

I apologize for jumping the gun on your ABC; I Tried to send you an e-mail and that never went through, so sorry. Bottom line it was an honest misinterpretation on my part.

DeeMom said...

a PS , some of your pictures seems to not be there But 35. Raph's Cross how lovely it looks, the Moors must be awesome…wonderful pictures

mrsnesbitt said...

DeeMom,
Ignore the boxes. That is Picassa.
I edited the post when people were saying they couldn't see all the pictures. I just loaded again from "My Pictures" folder, but couldn't get rid of the little box.

DeeMom said...

Thanks Mrs. Nesbitt...glad I got to view them all...

kml said...

Great post - love the first pic - really depicts a journey!

Mine is here: http://photographybykml.blogspot.com/2008/03/abc-wednesday-j-is-for-jagged.html

Jan said...

What a wonderful journey and so thoughtful of Jon. Hope you're feeling better. Sorry about the storm.

Randi said...

I did write a comment...but i cant find it....sow here i go again. Tanks to John.
Mine is up ...for a long time ago.

RANDIS VERDEN

Randi said...

And i did like your J for Journey...:))

DigitalShutterMania said...

I enjoyed reading your journey.
Mine is up : )
http://www.digitalshuttermania.com/

Mr. Mapper said...

my "J" is up!

http://themapper.blogspot.com/

Janet said...

Journey....how appropriate for J. Love your photos.

Mine is up at http://jkbeesyearinphotos.blogspot.com/

Leslie: said...

I see now how you got your idea from my Saturday Photo Hunt post! :D Good one and I loved going on your journey with you.

Mine's up at http://leslieinvancan.blogspot.com/

Gunilla said...

Nice journey! I like the picture "road home" best

Petunia said...

Wonderful pictures! I love when I can see the road straith ahead.
You find my ABC post Here

Lilli & Nevada said...

Great J post Love to journey around.
Mine is up http://lilli-travel.blogspot.com/

How do people get a link on the Comment page like Runee did?I have always just clicked on the name and got to there site?

AVCr8teur said...

What a scenic journey with Jon! The white sand dunes look lovely as well as the deserted road.

Mine is up too here

Rune Eide said...

This must be a success! You have now reached 70 comments - how on earth am I going to visit all of those. I think I'll have a dinner and a beer before continuing...

Liz Hinds said...

What a fantastic place to live! Thanks for taking us on the journey. (Hope you feel better after the ride too.)

Apologies to everyone who visited me last week and whom I didn't visit in return. It was a really busy week. I will make sure I get round lots this week.

Mine's up here
http://liz-and-harvey.blogspot.com/

I really should get a life!

BumbleVee said...

Love to see the pics of England... it must be interesting to live in a tiny country and yet be miles from anybody. We have the other scenario.. you can be miles from a neighbour...but also thousands of miles from family and friends... it is cheaper for me to fly to England than it is to fly to eastern Canada. Yep...hard to believe..but it is...

My "J" post is up now..

Bumblebearies

Anonymous said...

Forget to write "mines up"

Anonymous said...

J for Jokerit (finnish ice hockey team)
http://www.ylitalot.net/en/jokerit/

photowannabe said...

Sorry Denise but I can't see all of your pictures either.
I sent you an email with my email address a few minutes ago, as you requested. I hope you receive it ok. (Wed. 10 AM California time).
MINE IS UP
photowannabe http://allredmop.blogspot.com/

Mrs Mac said...

MINE'S UP!!!!

CLICK HERE!

I love the third photo! Who is Raph, and why does he have a cross?!

BumbleVee said...

WAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!I want Mr. Linky back! This is too awkward for me..or maybe I am going about it all wrong?? I keep losing your page and then have to find it again..plus..so many just go to the profile page when you click on their names.....and some folks have 5 blogs..so back and forth clicking on all to find ABC .... sniff...sniff....just had to complain to somebody...and your it.... ...lol...

Mrs Mac said...

PS!

Looking at those pictures, I can almost feel the cold wind biting through! Brrr!!

Mrs Mac said...

It's ok BUmblevee, I liked Mr Linky too, once I got the hang of it!

This will be even easier once peeps know how to put the link actually into the comment.

I did try writing a 'how to' here but it doesn't come out- it thinks I'm really trying to do a link rather than explain HOW to do one. D'oh!

Anonymous said...

I did enjoy it! Beautiful!

david mcmahon said...

What a coincidence - we have both chosen J for Journey!

My post is published too ....

Anonymous said...

What a lovely dog! Looks like he was worn out by the Journey. Beautiful countryside.
It would seem we are a very eager bunch. You have created a monster!!!!

Mines up too. http://mrdailyphoto.blogspot.com/2008/03/abc-wednesday-j.html

becky aka theRAV said...

Great journey! I have mine up now.

KaiBlue said...

http://kaibluecreations.blogspot.com/2008/03/642-j-is-for-jacket.html I just posted pics of my Jacket.
I love your J pics Denise, the moors are gorgeous!!
Peace and hugs, Kai xx

Barbara said...

I enjoyed your journey, you live in a wonderful part of the country - the best of both worlds, the moors and the sea.

I'm late today but mine is up:
http://starnitesky.blogspot.com/2008/03/abc-wednesday_26.html

Nydia said...

Wonderful journey! I'd love to be on the road like that!:) I've already posted my J photo at www.bringingupsalamanders.blogspot.com!

Kisses from Nydia.

Diana S said...

Mine are up! I first posted my message on the earlier comments. Glad I came back to look at everyone's photo's.

http://dianas-glob.blogspot.com/

Yep, Journey is what we're doing here. Finding our way without Mr. Linky.

Gerald (SK14) said...

maybe this should be in a separate post somewhere so folk can find it - but how to put a link into a comment.
You do some HTML - so that this works and you can see it I'm using [ and ] instead of < and > otherwise blogger will turn it into a link. - items in (brackets) are explained afterwards - the brackets are NOT included.

OK the codes is
[a href="(URL)"](name of link)[/a]

(URL) is the whole web address beginning http://
(name of link) could be the same as the (URL)

easy way to do this
have the page you are linking to open and in your browser address bar highlight the URL

press CONTROL+C
this copies the URL into your clipboard

now go to the comment page and you can type
[ (note this is a substitue here only)
a
(space)
href
=
"
CONTROL + V (this pastes in the URL as the link)
"
]
CONTROL + V (pastes in the URL again but now visible - you could subsitute a name but that is extra keystrokes)
/
a
]


I hope this helps some of you at least.

Jane said...

I have my first one up!
It's here at http://thepeagreenboat.blogspot.com/

Loved the journey. Goodness, you are rural.

Marie said...

My J is up to (it stands for Joan of Arc).

I love your photos. The last one makes me think of some shots in the movie "What's eating Gilbert Grape".

Marcia said...

Oh my, I wouldn't suggest letting Wilma jump on your back like my Lily did haha. I would think you'd fall over! Thanks for stopping by my blog :-)

Marcia said...

Oh my, I wouldn't suggest letting Wilma jump on your back like my Lily did haha. I would think you'd fall over! Thanks for stopping by my blog :-)

Karuema said...

hello, I'm new in this game, it is first time for me to participate...and I'm very exited...All projects were very interesting and I'm quite surprised, how active this ABC community is. If I really understood correctly rules, I'd like to be a part of this community.
My blog address is:

http://kajapildialbum.blogspot.com/

and first excercise is also done:)

Susan said...

What a beautiful area you live. I loved your photo journey!

Sharon said...

Great J! I enjoyed going with you on your journey. Mine is up!

CherryPie said...

Oh! Wow! those pictures of the snow and moody sky are amazing!!!

I hope you are feeling a bit better now xx

kRiZcPEc said...

Oops, so it seems I have been too impatient to wait and posted my link at the wrong post. Sorry Mrs Nesbitt and every one.
My Entry, again, Just Need to Stretch My Leg

Coastal BC Stories Books said...

Your journey was great. The moors are starkly beautiful.

You can see my J if for Junk at the Powell River Books Blog by clicking here.

Outhouse Capital of Canada said...

I also posted J for Journey but with pictures of trains

You can find my ABC Link here

http://outhousecapitalofcanada.blogspot.com/2008/03/abc-wednesday-letter-j-j-for-journey.html

Can someone tell me how to make a link to my blog in comments

Outhouse Capital of Canada said...

http://outhousecapitalofcanada.blogspot.com/
This the link to my ABC post, thanks to Hyde DP for the html lesseon

Kyanite said...

Sorry Denise!

Was in a hurry to leave home yesterday mornings so posted quickly.

As I said I personnally didn't have any problems with Mr Linky, thought the idea was good & made visiting easy, but will go with the flow, I guess...

My J is posted.
http://behindkyanitesdoor.blogspot.com

Sorry, unable to spare time today on Logo etc, etc.

Best wishes
Blue

Anonymous said...

I commented on your other post that I had posted my ABC Wednesday and put my blog URL up. I did not understand your instructions I guess. I only got about half the comments I usually get with Mr. Linky. I think Mr. Linky is easier to use.

Andrea said...

http://thoughtsbyandrea.blogspot.com/

VP said...

Hi Denise,

I'm a bit confused by the bad reaction I'm seeing from people about how this week's been more difficult without Mr Linky. For me there's been the same number of steps to take using both methods. I find I still have to churn through people's profiles etc etc with Mr Linky too. And jumping off from Mr Linky is just the same for me as coming back to your comments page. Am I missing something here?

Thanks to Gerald for explaining how to put a link into comments. Perhaps it's this that people are struggling with?

Your hard work behind the scenes to make it work for us is much appreciated :D

Flassie's Fil'a said...

Lovely! I was going to use
journey but I decided on
something else.
I'll be away for awhile.
Just so you know.

Have a Blessed Journey and
hope all is well with You
and Yours!!!

May the Good Lord Bless
Your Life Always Denise!!!