Photo of the Day
My Birthday
My Birthday
Each year we both decide what to do on our birthdays.
I always like a BBQ for my family and friends.
Saturday saw Jon and I getting everything ready for the evening kick off, 7.30.
Jon was in charge of BBQ, and also the chimnea.....
you will laugh at this!
We had home made beef burgers,
pork and sage sausages,
and lamb chops, all from our local butcher.
I made a potato salad, coleslaw and various salads.
I only took a few photographs...
I always like a BBQ for my family and friends.
Saturday saw Jon and I getting everything ready for the evening kick off, 7.30.
Jon was in charge of BBQ, and also the chimnea.....
you will laugh at this!
We had home made beef burgers,
pork and sage sausages,
and lamb chops, all from our local butcher.
I made a potato salad, coleslaw and various salads.
I only took a few photographs...
Nephew 2,(my godson) Sister in Law, nephew's girlfriend.
Yes Chef!
Neighbours

Wilma with friends!
All in all about 20 friends and family popped in.
We eventually got to bed at 2.30am.
It really was a great time.
I got up early on Sunday and tidied up and loaded the dishwasher.
To be honest there wasn't much tidying up to do.
I had used flowers from the garden as table decorations.
Wilma with friends!
All in all about 20 friends and family popped in.
We eventually got to bed at 2.30am.
It really was a great time.
I got up early on Sunday and tidied up and loaded the dishwasher.
To be honest there wasn't much tidying up to do.
I had used flowers from the garden as table decorations.
I love having cut roses in the house,
the greeting smell is wonderful!
I took the rose up to our bedroom and had a nap!
I am fortunate in being able to cat-nap.
I knew I wouldn't achieve anything if I was tired all day,
so a couple of hours in a rose filled room soon had me back on track and raring to go.
We decided to go out on the motorbike and find some sunshine.
We headed towards York, via Castle Howard.
As we were approaching the city the contrast in the sky was quite spectacular.
To our right was black heavy clouds and rain was so imminent,
yet to our left was a bright blue sky...which we headed for.
We had to fill up with petrol
and the few minutes it took us cost us dearly,
as the rain caught up with us!
We drove through the shower and headed for the blue sky.
The weather forecast had said Coastal Areas were going to experience the really heavy showers, yet this seemed to be where the blue sky was.
We drove into Bridlington and had a welcome cup of tea in our favourite 60's cafe.
the greeting smell is wonderful!
I took the rose up to our bedroom and had a nap!
I am fortunate in being able to cat-nap.
I knew I wouldn't achieve anything if I was tired all day,
so a couple of hours in a rose filled room soon had me back on track and raring to go.
We decided to go out on the motorbike and find some sunshine.
We headed towards York, via Castle Howard.
As we were approaching the city the contrast in the sky was quite spectacular.
To our right was black heavy clouds and rain was so imminent,
yet to our left was a bright blue sky...which we headed for.
We had to fill up with petrol
and the few minutes it took us cost us dearly,
as the rain caught up with us!
We drove through the shower and headed for the blue sky.
The weather forecast had said Coastal Areas were going to experience the really heavy showers, yet this seemed to be where the blue sky was.
We drove into Bridlington and had a welcome cup of tea in our favourite 60's cafe.
Amazingly, whilst we were inside it rained, stopping when we left!
We noticed the puddles on our way back to the motorbike.
As Jon got ready to drive home I couldn't help but notice the sky!
I just knew our luck was going to run out!
Sure enough we drove through torrential rain which started just outside Scarborough!
47 miles of pounding rain!
Strangely enough, I quite enjoyed it!
It is a lovely feeling knowing you are heading home, to a nice dry home LOL!
I wasn't cold....just wet, very wet.
I could feel the rain dripping down my boot and onto my socks,
which by this time were saturated!
When we arrived home we took off our gear...it is still drying off now!
It was a great day though!
An adventure together!
WE had beefburger for dinner....
notice the wonderful presentation! LOL!
I just knew our luck was going to run out!
Sure enough we drove through torrential rain which started just outside Scarborough!
47 miles of pounding rain!
Strangely enough, I quite enjoyed it!
It is a lovely feeling knowing you are heading home, to a nice dry home LOL!
I wasn't cold....just wet, very wet.
I could feel the rain dripping down my boot and onto my socks,
which by this time were saturated!
When we arrived home we took off our gear...it is still drying off now!
It was a great day though!
An adventure together!
WE had beefburger for dinner....
notice the wonderful presentation! LOL!
Today it is raining again!
I hope to take Wilma out around teatime, but at the moment the weather isn't looking too favourable.....
it was last Thursday when we were last out,
not our usual beach, this time it was Saltburn!

I hope to take Wilma out around teatime, but at the moment the weather isn't looking too favourable.....
it was last Thursday when we were last out,
not our usual beach, this time it was Saltburn!
I am now off to complete a quiz which Ruth tagged me!
5 things eh?
Watch this space.....it could be you next!
LOL!
5 things eh?
Watch this space.....it could be you next!
LOL!
22 comments:
I was wondering how your birthday party went. Looks like you had a great time :) - you haven't been too lucky with the weather lately. I haven't ever been on the back of the bike in the rain - not something i look forward to.
I love to cat-nap too, nothing wrong with that at all...
( I didn't watch the video thingie, my computer hates them and refuses to co-operate)
hope you get to the beach - I am off to bed soon
That's one hell of a way to get a bbq going! For a minute I was expecting the canopy to set on fire.
Loved the video...did it end with a bang!....LOL Jon is definitely Hollywood material...Mel Gibson watch out!!! Wasn't the rain awful! Bet you could have got some great photos from the top of the big wheel...another time maybe???
I had to laugh when Jon lit the chiminea and also I sort of startled a little. I thought for sure your tarp would be ablaze! Camera shy is he? lol!
Looks like you had a lovely day just as you deserve!
Not sure I'd favor a bike ride in the pounding rain but you seem to have fun no matter the weather!
Cat nap and a wee stroll on the beach...now THAT'S lovely!
XOXO
love and hugs,
Lisa
Glad you had a celebration and BBQ...luckily the weather stayed nice for it. Had to laugh Denise @ you and Jon....never a dull moment!
:-)
Happy Birthday! Keep celebrating!
That video was the best! I laughed...it was funny. My husband thought it was fun as well.
Happy to see that you had a good birthday gathering.
Mahala
Looks like you had a nice birthday.
I love your beach pictures. I did not envy you on the rain ride but sounds as if you enjoyed it.
I didn't realize you were married to a pyromaniac..!
I'm glad the weather co-operated for you.
Looks like you had a good time. 21 again? (I certainly wish I was!) :D
That number with the chiminea is exactly something my husband would do. I don't have sound on my videos right now. Would it have been even funnier with sound effects??
NOTED: Wilma standing way out of the way! Smart dog! I love Wilma. As you can maybe tell, I am nuts about dogs.
The way Jon ran like hell when he lit that BBQ, I can tell he's done it before. He should meet my husband, I remember a time he couldn't get the BBQ going quick enough, men=impatient. He used a blow torch to cook the burgers which were on the BBQ, I have photographic proof somewhere!
Oh yes Denise, that was a funny bit with Jon.
Glad you had a good birthday with your friends and family.
Glad to hear your birthday celebration was a grand time. Love Hugs and Blessings
Happy Birthday Denise. It sounds like you had a splendid day, especially with your dear hubby.
I must say he's quite the Chef. Glad he moved the petrol far away for the fireworks...
LOL! Sitting here reading the comments I laughed so much!
Yes, that is typical of our life together.
When I watched the video with the music of Circle Game in the background I had tears rolling down my face. Call me a romantic, but sometimes these moments can't be orchestrated..they just happen.
I love my husband so much and we do have fun together, simple, uncomplicated moments are the essence of our marriage.....off to watch the video again, with the music and continue to cry with joy,
Dxxxxxxx
Hey, another Cancerian, Happy belated birthday! there is something Special about being on the back of a bike in the rain, (and you are right, it is a very good place for thinking, I get some of my best ideas riding pillion!)
Your dog looks so cute! I used to have a nan who had one when i was about 7, he was such an amazing dog.
www.rosshetherington.com
Hehehehhe! Sorry D....still weeing my pants laughing at John and the pyrotecnics....lol lol lol. Crying with laughings.....soooo funny watched it 3 times!
Love ya xxx
Glad you had a lovely day. Hope the card turned up!
HOpe you had a great birthday...Love the pics from Holland...
What a fun party!
I've never been for a ride in the rain. I know when I get my own bike I won't be able to avoid it though.
Post a Comment