Photo of the Day
26.07.07
Wilma, last night on the beach.
26.07.07
Wilma, last night on the beach.
Break, break, break,
On thy cold gray stones, O Sea!
And I would that my tongue could utter
The thoughts that arise in me.
O well for the fisherman's boy,
That he shouts with his sister at play!
O well for the sailor lad,
That he sings in his boat on the bay!
And the stately ships go on
To their haven under the hill:
But O for the touch of a vanish'd hand,
And the sound of a voice that is still!
Break, break, break,
At the foot of thy crags, O Sea!
But the tender grace of a day that is dead
Will never come back to me.
Tennyson
The Sea and the Beach are a constant source of inspiration for me.
I seem to share many photographs of the times I am out with Wilma.
We are fortunate in being only 3 miles from the nearest beach.
Living on the coast we have the major tourist beaches,
Whitby, Scarborough, Filey, Bridlington.
Yet for me, it is the solitude and privacy of our local beach which appeals to me.
The major beaches are not really the place to take an energetic german shepherd!
For 10 years I lived in Nottingham and missed the sea so much.
Being brought up here we always would visit the beach at any opportunity.
Now, returned to my routes I never underestimate the joy of being able to find freedom, tranquility and peace on our doorstep.
Last night I watched a programme following the last year in David Beckham's career.
Some of you may have failed to notice that he and his family
have now moved over the pond to LA!
He said he now felt as though he was in an area where he could enjoy the views and surroundings.
I look out of our window everyday and do the same.
We are not multi-millionaires in a luxury house...
The words which went through my mind,
were those we sang as grace before meals in my primary school...
Thank you for the world so sweet,
Thank you for the food we est.
Thank you for the birds that sing,
Thank you God for everything!
I found some words by John Dyer which I have dropped onto a couple of my photographs.
Please feel free to print off and display somewhere..
I hope they bring some seaside sunshine into your day!


This is my new Thursday idea.
Please feel free to join in!
D
Please feel free to join in!
D

15 comments:
My Grandad went to sea on Trawlers out of Hull - will jot down this poem for him *!*
Oh gawd that silly boy Beckham is a joke isn't he ... just kick the ball David!!
Wonderful thoughts. I actually remembered it was Thursday and have done mine too! I miss the sea and the beach so much..yours sounds and looks idyllic
Rx
I sat and thought about your words today Denise and realised that my puppies have never seen the Ocean.. I will have to keep Wilma off the screen when they are in the room.
I didn't know that the Beckhams had moved to America.. *lucky us!* teehee.
Peace, Kai xxxx
Love you pictures with the thoughts added. love Hugs and Blessings
bimbimbie,
we often go to Hull, will take some pics next time.
Ruth,
loved yous.
Kai...didn't you know Victoria and David were in US? Good thing I told you! They may have slipped in without you knowing! LOL!
Ninnie,
Thanks.
Dxx
Great thoughts in this post!
www.rosshetherington.com
Hi Denise
I love this stretch of coast and I miss the sea - we are about 1,000+ miles from it here in Toronto!
Don't forget to contact me about the craft exchange...and you are supposed to post that pledge on your site.
Marie x
Lovely to be so close to coast Denise. We are a long way from the sea, but are on the shore of Lake Ontario. It's lovely but not the same..
:o(
Oh to live 3 miles from the beach......oh to have that ease of taking a daily stroll along the sand....listen to the waves...start the day as it was intended. Alas it is an hour away and not the kind of drive one does just for a morning stroll before breakfast.
Great thoughts you've shared dear girl!
Yes, we have "Becks and Posh" here in California now and you'd think from the coverage they were freakin' royalty. who bloody cares!
(hee, I snuck a brit word in there)
Love and hugs,
Lisa
XOXO
I posted my Wed. photo - unfortunately it's oh so boring. next week will be better.
G'day Mrs Nesbitt,
A Thought For Thursday - what a captivating idea. Yes, I love Tennyson's poetry as well. My mother brought me up on the writings of many wonderful people - so I guess that's why I became a novelist.
Will check Ruth out today - and will also post an A picture today, with a link to your AGA post.
Keep smiling
David
sea, sand, surf.....my fav. reasons for being in Florida.....:)
Loved the words by John Dyer ..and the sea pics make me happy too :)
One of my biggest pleasures in life is to walk the dog on a deserted beach - and being less than a ten minute drive from around eight or nine of them, I can take my pick. It's a far cry from London, and I will never take it for granted! We are blessed, you and I. (Smile.)
Loved the pics.
Well done Mrs.Nes! Great Thursday idea. Your photos are amazing.
xo
Blue
We live about 15 miles from our nearest beach, but a little further away have some oustanding - and largely deserted - golden beaches.
John Dyer, by the way, was a local poet, and I can see the "Gronger Hill" of which he wrote, when I look out of the window. Jennie
I love John Dyer's quotes! thanks..
Post a Comment