30.7.07

On our doorstep!

Photo of the Day
30.07.07
Driving to the Doctor's
2 hours ago




Chickens in the Garden

When first I came down Yorkshire,
Not many years ago.
I met with a little Yorkshire lass,
And I'd have you know,
That she was so blithe, so buxom,
So beautiful and gay,
Now listen while I tell you,
What he Daddy used to say.

cho: "Oh treat me daughter decent,
Don't do her any harm.
And when I die I'll leave you both,
Me tiny little farm.
Me cow, me pigs, me sheep, me goats,
Me stock, me field and barn.
And all the little chickens in the garden."

Well first I came to court the girl,
She was awful shy.
She never said a blooming word,
When other folks was by.
But as soon as we were on our own,
She bade me to name the day,
Now listen while I tell you,
What he Daddy used to say.

"Oh treat me daughter decent,
Don't do her any harm.
And when I die I'll leave you both,
Me tiny little farm.
Me cow, me pigs, me sheep, me goats,
Me stock, me field and barn.
And all the little chickens in the garden."

Well at last I wed this Yorkshire lass,
So pleasing to me mind,
And I did prove true to her,
So she's proved true in kind.
We have three bairns, there grown up now.
There's a grandbairn on the way.
And when I look into their eyes,
I can hear their grandaddy say,

"Oh treat me daughter decent,
Don't do her any harm.
And when I die I'll leave you both,
Me tiny little farm.
Me cow, me pigs, me sheep, me goats,
Me stock, me field and barn.
And all the little chickens in the garden."

JY



I took my camera long so I could share some of the scenery with you.
All inspiring for a Monday morning!



















No wonder I feel tired today!
Just by loading up the photographs,
I realise how much we have packed into 3 days.

Friday morning was lovely and sunny, so Wilma and I were off to the beach!



This is the view at the end of Liverton Road.
The blue of the sky and the sea was quite a dramatic sight through the trees and path.

The drama continued on the beach!



I drove home a different way, following the sea.





These photographs were taken through my car window...
I did ofcourse stop! LOL!









I took Wilma again later, all in an effort to give her as much exercise as possible!






Needless to say, I slept well on Friday.

After returning on Saturday morning, yes I will be doing the stationery for the wedding,
Jon had a visitor re work, so we were quite late setting out on the bike.

We headed to Whitby for lunch and just stayed local.




As ever we bumped into friends and had a laugh!







As Colin and Sean pulled away this couple pulled up!

I thought of Robyn and her hubby, LOL!
ONLY because they were on a Harley!



We were home quite early so I took Wilma onto the beach again.
This time I went to the other part of the beach...
thought I would add some variety to the pictures.










Originally the weather forecast had predicted rain on Sunday,
but as it happened it turned out to be a nice day.

I worked at home, pottering and doing housework, whilst Jon was working.

He called to say he would finish by 3pm, so we went out on the bike again.
We decided to go to Thornton-le-Dale.

As we drove over Pickering Moor the sky blackened.









This is the American Early-Warning Station,
Fylingdales.











The sky was definately blackening, just over Thornton-le- Dale,
so we drove through, feeling a slight shower, and headed towards the blue skies..

which happened to be over Scarborough.




We parked the bike and walked along the sea front.




Scarborough, as ever was very busy.




It is a stark contrast to Whitby, so typical seaside holiday resort!




Jon always likes to look at the fish stalls!

(He needs to get out more! LOL!)






The famous rock stall!







We stayed for a little while but watched the sky begin to darken...so we headed off home.

The rain was light and we just to say got through the door
when the heavens opened.

We settled down and from these photographs you can see Wilma eventually dropped off to sleep.












Sleep Sleep sleep sleep deep magnificent sleep
cradles me like
a mother holding her newborn for the first time.
I close my eyes and feel
the warm sensation of precious pure sleep
immortal sleep outside of a mixed up world.
Sweet vanilla scent
from dreams of beauty holding me forever,
brings me everything I need to stay a sleep sleep sleep.

Charles Lara













13 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a dog's idea of heaven! Sandy beaches, long walks, swimming in the sea.

Now I feel really homesick...you visited some of my favourite places - Fylingdales Moor, Whitby, Thornton-le-Dale, Pickering area - to name but a few. Thanks for the virtual visit.

Marie x

Libbys Blog said...

Sounds like you have been busy, couldn't see anything except red cross boxes!!!!!!!

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

Ah, wonderful memories, and beautiful photography - reminded me of many mis-spent weekends in Scarborough, during my wicked youth! (Wistful sigh..)

Sheila said...

The account of your weekend sounds great, lots of fun. Except that like Libby all I can see is red crosses..??!!
xo

Anonymous said...

It's amazing to me the diversity you have in your scenery-- you can go from rolling hills and fields and happy, posing sheep (they were priceless by the way!) to cliffs and sand and happy, posing dogs. :-) Not a bad life at all!

KaiBlue said...

wilma looked absolutely knackered in the last pic..lol..your poor doggie, being dragged to the beach by her mummie and made to play in the water, run up and down carring sticks and whatknots. Oh to have her life..lol!!

I miss the moors Denise, especially as my dad called on Sunday..sigh..
Im glad you included sheep..teehee
PEace, Kai xxxx

david mcmahon said...

Hi Mrs Nesbitt,

Nice work. But can I just add something?

You say it's inspiring for a Monday morning, however I say you're inspiring every morning.

Always a pleasure to visit here

Cheers

David

RUTH said...

I love that first Yorkshire Ditty and really enjoyed those fabulous photos. Pleased you got the wedding job! Once again thanks for sharing your adventures....I'd be heading straight for the seafood stall!
Rx
p.s. I did get a couple of red cross boxes but thought you were blowing us kisses...lol

Sweetpea said...

i'm popping back later for some reason I couldn't see your pics! :( xx

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

I could have sworn I left a comment here, I cannot see any of your pics. Only rectangular white boxes outlined in black.
It sounds like a great day though!
XOXO

Anonymous said...

Love the pics. Wilma looks pooped. Love Hugs and Blessings

Bimbimbie said...

.... lots of lovely words but your photos have been kidnapped *!*

Shammickite said...

I can see some of the pics but some are just red Xs... but the ones I can see are great. Good British countryside. And wonderful beaches. You lucky thing. I'm homesick!