2.6.09

ABC Wednesday....T is for....

Well it could only be one thing! The TT! Isle of Man TT where Jon and I will be travelling to on Sunday! The races take place on public roads, closed for the events, hence the term Road Racing. This is the same type of racing which takes place at Olivers Mount Scarborough! We know lots of the riders but here are some significant ones................... John McGuiness. Current holder of the Senior TT Trophy!
Ryan Farquer who we know from Scarborough and is one of our particular favourites.
Guy Martin, tipped to win last year but mechanical problems prevented his victory!
This is what I love about Road Racing! The relationship between riders and spectators! Do you think F1 racers would pose for the camera with a duck? Exactly! Follow the races on ITV4!
To see more contributions to ABC Wednesday click on the logo in the sidebar, or simply go here!

16 comments:

Rune Eide said...

I have a feeling I could have guessed that...

My mode of transportation is much more "for the rest of us" :-)

david mcmahon said...

I used to ride a motorcycle. My kids reckon it gives me a bit of cred!

Carol said...

Cool photos...I used to ride a motorcycle too...and it was not so long ago...

Jane Hards Photography said...

Well of course it was T for TT. Absolutely right about the F1 not like the bikers. Puts in right in the mood. I can here them practising tonight.

Reader Wil said...

A motorbike is one of the means of transport I have never experienced, though I am invited to have a ride with one of the bloggers!LOL. I wish you a very great holiday! Last year you were in my country, are you going again to Drenthe?

Leslie: said...

That looks so exciting! Wish I could be there. By the way, my T post is up early as we're leaving to go on holidays. :D

photowannabe said...

This is a super post for T. I hope you have a wonderful time on the Isle.
I think today is your anniversary and yesterday was John's Birthday to I will wish lots of happiness for both.

Janie said...

Great photos of the road racers. Have fun watching the sport!

Coastal BC Stories Books said...

My bike has four wheels but it's fun to ride. I'm not sure my balance would be good enough for a two wheeler. Have fun at the races. If you get a chance, I invite you to come by and see my tree post. - Margy

Roger Owen Green said...

My bike has two wheels but not a motor.
Looks like fun.
,

Jay said...

Ah, yes ... the IOM TT races! I don't think I'd like to be there for them though - such disruption to the peaceful lifestyle! Although I'm told most of the locals love them because they make the island come alive.

Mara said...

But they aren't posing with a duck are they? They are posing with our own Mrs Nesbitt! The one and only founder of ABC-Wednesday and famous around the world! They would be mad not to want to pose with you...
On a side note: they are great lookers though! Wouldn't mind having my photograph taken with one of them.

Q said...

Have lots of fun!
Traveling and TT...terrific!
Sherry

Rose said...

Looks like fun..you won't be racing, will you? Enjoy your holiday, Denise!

Dragonstar said...

TT-errific post Denise. Have a great time.

Unknown said...

i feel the excitemnet already . Have fun !!sandy