26.6.09

Skywatch Friday

As mentioned last week, my skywatch photos over the next few weeks will feature Isle of Man captures. Was it really only 2 weeks ago? It seems ages!
These are taken from the bench on the promenade at Port Erin, a favourite place of ours to sit and mull over the events of the day and plans for the next day.
Posted by Picasa
Author: grooveysaz@hotmail.com
The sun is setting on a lonely day
The colours are splitting, the perfect way
Your strolling home as you see this too
And I watch from a window thinking of you
From this day on, Ill look forever
That magical sunset, our memories together
To help me through when my life gets tough
And when I feel that Ive had enough
The sun you see, makes me think of you
The miracle of it, the wonder too
I see you both everyday as you know
To stop seeing either, Id have to say, no
The bright colours shine from within my heart
The colours of a sunset, a special part
Of a day in my life I wish you could see
Just whats its like, just to be me.
For more skies visit here

11 comments:

Gemma Mira Wiseman aka Pamela Adams said...

Fascinating moods in these photos! Especially love the drama of the last one!

Jane said...

Nice shot, thanks for posting:)

Roan said...

All shots are wonderful, but the first——simply perfect.

Anonymous said...

I like the reflection of the sun over the cliffs in the first shot. Nicely done. All great pics!

Jane Hards Photography said...

Magnificent. Some days the island just shows those breathe taking views so beautifully.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Keep the IOM photos coming Denise - I have never been and have always wanted to go - so I cannot get enough of them.

Heather said...

What a beautiful, unspoilt place the Isle of Man is and your photos are wonderful. I have just found your comment on my 'Mug Monday' post - thanks for visiting. No matter what the pattern or design, Denby ware is always recognisable and attractive.

Digital Flower Pictures said...

That first shot is tremendous.

Loran said...

That first shot is truly spectacular!

photowannabe said...

Simply gorgeous Denise. It looks so inviting.

Carolyn said...

These are such beautiful photos. The love being by the sea and witnessing her changing moods. The poem is beautiful also. Thanks for sharing.
Smiles