23.6.09

ABC Wednesday....W

Is for WORK!
I have been working really hard in the garden. Behind my greenhouse was an area of weeds which has now been cleared and I now have a manageable area of raised beds which I will be planting with some young vegetable plants later!
This is the view from the area, overlooking the grazing field next door to us. Often the horses come right up to the fence and peer over to see what I am up to.
More work to do......You can just make out Joe's shed here, well next to it is a spare smaller shed. We have decided to keep chickens again, so now I am concentrating on getting the area sorted, beyond the goose shed. Once the area is fenced off and ready we will get the hens....watch this space!
More work here too. The area behind the greenhouse is in need of some making over, again it is on my list of work to do!
Posted by Picasa
My tomatoes are doing really well, infact today they are enjoying the sunshine as I have left the door open.
Posted by Picasa
And yes, more work this week. I have to get the patio area all spruced up for our BBQ on Saturday. It is my birthday next Tuesday so we always have friends and family round the nearest Saturday!
W is also for..........WELL I had better stop blogging and get out in the sunshine and WORK!

37 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

I have just got back from taking our Dutch friends round Rievaulx so we were probably not too far away from you. Call any time you are passing.

James said...

Great W choice and soon you will be enjoying the fruit and vegetables of your labor. ;-)

Mara said...

Denise, are you trying to tell me your birthday is June 30th as well? My my...
I love to see the work you've done. As long as I don't have to do it myself :)

Shammickite said...

Have a lovely birthday, and enjoy the BBQ celebrations. We had a small BBQ yesterday, BBQ chicken and veggies in a pita bread, with various sauces and dressings.... so good.

Bradley Hsi said...

It seems that some of your previous hard work already pay off. Happy birthday and have nice BBQ party.

Reader Wil said...

It's a deal, provided my Australian daughter won't arrive that day too. Otherwise it's a great idea.

Carol said...

Work is a great W and the garden is fun work ...your tomatoes look great...

Miss_Yves said...

Waouh!!!!
Great views of your beautiful garden !

Leslie: said...

Your tomato plants are looking awesome, just like ours are. Lorne has been feeding them Miracle Grow and it's like plants on steroids! Already we have actual tomatoes on the plants!

KaiBlue said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHH, the *W* words..runs!!



...oO(Teehee) Peace, Kai

Gerald (SK14) said...

wow i don't envy you at all - maybe a little

Anonymous said...

You've been busy! You should have a fabulous spread there once it's all grown and harvested. I grow tomatoes in a greenhouse but don't eat them, I leave that to the Farmer.

CJ xx

i beati said...

I see such beauty and you see such work..ha great tomatoes sandy

Jane Hards Photography said...

Rather you than me. This is back breaking stuff for the wanderer. Perhaps the duck can help out?

lv2scpbk said...

All your hard work will pay off in the end.

photowannabe said...

Work is good but all that you do makes me want to take a nap. Great post Denise.

Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio said...

But, that is work that yields pleasure!
Happy almost birthday to you Denise!

Janie said...

What a beautiful yard! Great pics. I'd like to see the horses peeking over the fence. They're such curious animals. Have fun at the BBQ!

ChrisJ said...

So funny. When I saw the photo of the back of your house I thought,'Oh she doesn't have a patio cover!' Then I realized, this is the north of England. Duh! When we first came over here I was always fascinated by 'shade trees' people planted in their back gardens. Who needs shade trees? I thought. We also carried our umbrellas and raincoats everywhere we went, that first summer. I know you have some good sunny days, but England being where she is, NEEDS rain and coolness to keep her so green.

gone to the dogs said...

Gardens are a lot of work....but very rewarding. And if you are like me you would prefer work in the garden to work in the house any time!

magiceye said...

Work is Worship! Happy Worshipping!

Irene said...

Great work post.

Anonymous said...

Well, goodness gracious sakes alive, you have been busy haven't you? : ) What a lot of work! It is going to turn out wonderfully though, right?>

Roger Owen Green said...

working in the world is better

Katney said...

You want to pass a bit of that energy along ove rthis way?

Jay said...

Ha! Work and Weeds - good words for a willing gardener! I've never kept hens, but they seem wonderfully peaceful birds.

spacedlaw said...

Your type of work looks more pleasant (if harder) than mine at the present.

Rose said...

Good luck with all your garden work, Denise. Gardening is so much work, but I can't think of any job that brings more pleasure. Your tomatoes are looking great!

Q said...

Lots of Work but so rewarding!
I am looking forward to the first ripe tomato too!
Happy Birthday a wee bit early!
Sherry

Dragonstar said...

That's a load of WORK! It makes me ache to think of it. I like your raised beds.

Sherrie said...

Hi Denise,
Looks like an awful lot of work to do! Love your patio area, beautiful! Have a great "W" day!

Sherrie
http://sherrie-plummer.blogspot.com/2009/06/abc-wednesday-window-view.html

ArneA said...

Thanks for coming by. Will you continue with round 5 or are more than 101 letters + x, y, z enough

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Great W work Denise!
wonderful w for Abc,

Mine is up too :)
greetings from Jo Ann

Granny Smith said...

At least you don't have to worry about deer eating anything tender one plants in the garden!

Tumblewords: said...

Wow - what a wonderful working world. Beautemous and the tomatoes are huge, huge!

Jama said...

You've have a wonderful work on your land!
and have a good celebrations on your party.

James Higham said...

That's one lovely property.