Photo of the Day
24.07.07
Wilma and the replacement rubber ring!
24.07.07
Wilma and the replacement rubber ring!
Ring, ring, why dont you give me a call?
Ring, ring, the happiest sound of them all
Ring, ring, I stare at the phone on the wall
And I sit all alone impatiently
Wont you please understand the need in me
So, ring, ring, why dont you give me a call?
So, ring, ring, why dont you give me a call?
ABBA
So, wonder how long this will last?
I have been creating, and it is something I want to share with you all.
Approaching my 500th post on my blog....I wanted to do something special, and I want to share some personal thoughts...please hear me out!
For some time now some of you know how I feel about tagging......when I read some blogs and read of somebody being tagged my heart races as I skip to the names...if I am there I feel elated, and if not I feel devestated. I don't think I will ever get over the fact I am one of the few who never got a Thinking Blogger award. My goodness, will my life ever be the same! (yes tongue in cheek but I did feel upset...being totally honest here!)
I shared my thoughts with some of you over the past few days and have had so many e-mails saying so many of you felt the same about tagging and awards.
The Blogging World embraces global friendships and all of my blogging friends like yourself have become so special, reliable and caring.
I have played around with a picture and want to give as many as possible, I want you, if you are so inclined, and I know some of you are not, but those who are, please post this on your blog and more importantly send out to all of YOUR blogging community too, so we can all celebrate the global friendships which happens between us all....we are all stars shining!
Thank you to those who have all ready put this on your blogs.
Ring, ring, the happiest sound of them all
Ring, ring, I stare at the phone on the wall
And I sit all alone impatiently
Wont you please understand the need in me
So, ring, ring, why dont you give me a call?
So, ring, ring, why dont you give me a call?
ABBA
So, wonder how long this will last?
I have been creating, and it is something I want to share with you all.
Approaching my 500th post on my blog....I wanted to do something special, and I want to share some personal thoughts...please hear me out!
For some time now some of you know how I feel about tagging......when I read some blogs and read of somebody being tagged my heart races as I skip to the names...if I am there I feel elated, and if not I feel devestated. I don't think I will ever get over the fact I am one of the few who never got a Thinking Blogger award. My goodness, will my life ever be the same! (yes tongue in cheek but I did feel upset...being totally honest here!)
I shared my thoughts with some of you over the past few days and have had so many e-mails saying so many of you felt the same about tagging and awards.
The Blogging World embraces global friendships and all of my blogging friends like yourself have become so special, reliable and caring.
I have played around with a picture and want to give as many as possible, I want you, if you are so inclined, and I know some of you are not, but those who are, please post this on your blog and more importantly send out to all of YOUR blogging community too, so we can all celebrate the global friendships which happens between us all....we are all stars shining!
Thank you to those who have all ready put this on your blogs.
You're a Star

Tomorrow is my new photograph focus theme.
A few of us are going to do this, just to add a spice of variety.
Basically those of us who are joining in post a photograph of..
something beginning with "A"
Each week, on a Wednesday we will work through the alphabet, so next week....
yes you get the picture, will be..
something beginning with "B"
Anybody can join in.
I know some of you do "Wordless Wednesday"
I wanted to do something similar, but not the same.
I find it hard to keep quiet! LOL!
I have designed a picture to go in the sidebar, should you want to join in!
Give me a shout if you do and I will add you to the list.
abc photograph Wednesday
A few of us are going to do this, just to add a spice of variety.
Basically those of us who are joining in post a photograph of..
something beginning with "A"
Each week, on a Wednesday we will work through the alphabet, so next week....
yes you get the picture, will be..
something beginning with "B"
Anybody can join in.
I know some of you do "Wordless Wednesday"
I wanted to do something similar, but not the same.
I find it hard to keep quiet! LOL!
I have designed a picture to go in the sidebar, should you want to join in!
Give me a shout if you do and I will add you to the list.
abc photograph Wednesday
27 comments:
Would love to...but am not sure if I will remember!!! I don't always post everyday, will think about it!!!
I'm no photographer but your graphic is awesome! I love having the "you're a star" graphic on my blog. It really added some much needed color. Plus, it's a little bit of Mrs. Nesbitt in my space. I like that. :)
as much as I am touched when I receive an award, I tend to shy away from them for this same reason. It brings back memories of school and being left out, of not being good enough, of not being part of the 'clique'. I am so, so sorry that you felt left out, really I am. Plus, awards eventually really mean not a thing when everyone has it... so chin up Mrs N!
ps - I am NOT an abba fan - haha!!
One reason why i dont pass on the "awards" to a particular few people from my link list is that i find the whole idea very discriminating. Since, i dont want to offend bloggers who "award" me , i let it show on my sidebar.
I'd love to do the ABC Wednesday but like Libby i dont post every day. It may not be how u will like it . :)
Libby & Moi, hey that's no problem.
Just post when you like, within the week.
Lisa, thanks.
Just been looking at your photos...what a hunk!
Robyn, yes I know how you feel. It is something we discussed so much with Daisy.
Congrats on approaching your big number! Off topic; Onchan, depending upon which part you are staying in, is either a five or ten minute drive from us, as we are on the Quarterbrige Road! I'm sure our biker pals would love to meet up and swop stories with you -one has a father who won the TT! (I haven't a clue now what he's called - I'll find out).
Your email is broken. Please email me directly: ghosty at gmail dot com. Thank you.
Denise, what a lovely way to celebrate the really true frienships this wonderful blogsphere creates.
I would really like to join in your ABC Wednesday too if you don't mind, it will save me from Wordless Wednesdays!
Ali, great stuff!
I have just thought of mine for tomorrow!
Groovy colours in your sidebar picture! I'm always very attracted to primary colours--like a moth to light, really.:)
Thank you for the "You are a star" button...it is proudly displayed on my sidebar....YOU MrsN are a star***
THREE CHEERS FOR MRS N...HIP HIP HOORAY.....
I really like the idea of your ABC but I already do Wordless Wednesday...would it be greedy to do both! What do you think????
Rx
Hey there Chuck, I picked you for the thinking bloggie thing..along with Daisy,Sue, CLaire n such.. It was back in April, in the middle of my holidays posts.. Blue gave to me and I picked 5 and then all the sisters..lol..
So you did get one. :P
As for the pictures..I will do an ABC with you :) cause you're silly..
Love and peace n hugs, Kai xx
G'day MrsNesbitt,
I'm already thinking of pictures that begin with A ....
And you had my feet tapping along to the lyrics, as well!
Keep smiling
David
Have decided I WILL be greedy and do your ABC as well as Wordless Wednesday. It will be so nice to do something that a blogpal has started. Going to set myself the challenge of NOT doing a flower or insect photo.
Rx
Lovely replacement toy for Wilma. She's lucky to have such a conscientious human in you.
An A, huh? You creative woman, you! Let me see what I can come up with.
This is exactly what I said to you in my response email:
A while back now I emailed as many people as I could the BRIGHT LIGHT award which you have on your blog. It was my attempt then to let everyone I could think of or had and email for or could find an email addy for from their blog….know that you all shine! AND I asked it be passed on and on. I wish now I had never used the word AWARD on it. It should have said “you are a bright light”.
The idea of these blog awards…”Thinking”, Rocking Girl, Reflective and so on……well as lovely as they are to receive I am uncomfortable with them at the same time. And this is precisely why, how you are feeling today. Those who don’t get nominated feel like for some reason they or their blog are not good enough or “what’s wrong with me?” I think it’s wrong. I appreciated so much your recent nods to me, I truly did and I thought it ever so lovely……BUT I could not, I just could not pick 5 people only and pass it on. I feel so much for so many that in my book all the various things I get from various blogs makes for a wonderful WHOLE community. AND as often as I can I will tell people precisely that fact….I don’t need to wait to give an award to say how I feel about them, their blog and the affect on me.
For me an icon or a badge or an image isn't what is important...it's what you SAY that is!! I happen to love you, you silly Yorkshire Wabbit!
XOXO
This is the longest comment I have EVER left someone!
OH see I got carried away...I like the idea of the photo thing on Wednesdays. Does this start tomorrow?
XOXO
I agree with your feelings about awards. How can we possibly choose 5 or 3 or 6 people of the many we relate to on a daily basis. Your badge is a good idea, and thank you for including everyone to share it.
xo
Chuck who knew you didn't get the Thinking Blogger? You are definately a thinking blogger! I agree with Robyn, if everyone has awards, then no one does.
Right?
Congrats on your 500th post too!!!!
You have brightened our days 500 times.
xo
Blue
I posted an A photo for the first time. Come see if you agree that's what I did. Annie
I will try your ABC Wednesday challenge (St Paul Daily PHoto). Fun idea! Also, I know exactly what you mean about not being tagged! It makes me feel like no one likes me! haha.. I know that's not true.
Sorry I'm a computer ditz and don't know how to put the things (star) on the sidebar.
I would love to join the ABC Wednesday too.
Your blog is so much fun.
I have put your lovely image on my blog - thank you! Love the happy picture of Wilma pretending to be a door knocker - LOL!
Sure, I'd love to join in! It'll give me something different to do than just blog about my life.
What a great idea! I would love to join in please :-)
Ah Ha! I've seen this around & now I can say I'm the proud owner of that badge too, thanks.
I do Wordless Wednesday (with as few words as possible . . .lol!!!) but I've followed Ruths ABC posts, excellent idea
Post a Comment