10.7.07

Rocket Science for a blonde!

Photo a Day
10.07.07

Returning Home on the Ferry September 2005




She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah
She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah
She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Lennon & McCartney


My Horoscope for today!

Technology is very much going to play a role in your life, Denise, both for today and the immediate future. It may be that your office is going through a complete systems overhaul, and you are the one in charge of getting everyone up to speed on the new equipment. Or, it is possible that you decide to take a class to increase your technical knowledge. One thing that is clear is that you are likely to achieve extraordinary success through the use of technological innovations.

This is one of my all time favourite photos of Jon & I.
1. It is very natural and we are both relaxed.
2. The colour shows we had great weather in France.
3. It is natural.

For me digital photography has allowed me to experiment.
Just think of how many images we delete,
in order to find the one which is just right.
Before digital technology this was only really possible if you had lots of money to spend on films & developing them.
How many of us come across rolls of undeveloped film stacked away
at the back of drawers and in cupboards?
I do not use Phtoshop as I really just want to capture the moment as it is,
that is what a photograph is all about!

Well this week I have discovered Microsoft Picture Manager.
Funny thing is, it was on my computer all of the time! LOL!
I can now zoom, crop and reduce red eye.
The photograph above was always too dark so I have played around with it and am really pleased with the results.
How many of us make discoveries by accident?

last night I was "Smoozed" by Ruth




I quote:-
Schmoozing is the natural ability “to converse casually, especially in order to gain an advantage or make a social connection.”
Good schmoozers effortlessly weave their way in and out of the blogsphere, leaving friendly trails and smiles, happily making new friends along the way. They don’t limit their visits to only the rich and successful,
but spend some time to say hello to new blogs as well.
They are the ones who engage others in meaningful conversations,
refusing to let it end at a mere hello - all the while fostering a sense of closeness and friendship".



Well now for the twist!
As I have so many lovely blogging friends and visitors,
anybody who leaves a comment today can consider themselves schmoozed!
Just cut & paste the image, and share accordingly!



12 comments:

Natalya said...

What a lovely photo of you and Jon! You look so happy, I bet you had a great holiday! :o)

Congrats on being schmoozed! :o)

{{HUGS}} xxx

KaiBlue said...

yes, yes.. You have the power of a smoozeee goddess Chuck!!
What a groovy tanned little doll you are..the pic is precious!!!

Happy smooze day! Peace, Kai xx

RUTH said...

Wow you had fabulous tans. I don't use Photoshop either...all too clever for me and I don't want my camera to "lie" too much...I just use Picassa which sounds similar to Microsoft Picture manager...just a few basics is good enough for me!
Rx

inspired said...

;o] Kool

Annie said...

I've been schmoozed by the Domestic Goddess. Wow, feels good.

Vallen said...

I am just tickled to put a face to the schmoozer.

Sweetpea said...

I have lots of films in a drawer not developed...I may take them and get them done I may find some suprises I have no idea what's on them! x

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

what a great photo!! You have the best smile!!
I have Microsoft Pic Manager and that is where I will do a quick crop and resize the photo for my blog. I have no working knowledge of PhotoShop and wish I did. Sometimes it's nice to be able to take out unwanted backgrounds or blend two photos. You're right about digi vs film...I think I still have an old roll of film that was never developed. I like the instant gratification!
Sending shmoozie hugs,
Love,
Lisa
XOXO

Gill said...

Love the pic :-}

Take care

photowannabe said...

Thanks for the smooze. I think you deserved the award hands down.
Love your picture.
Have a fab. week Denise.

Ali said...

Great tan Denise, and congrats on the smooze award.

I have several rolls of film in a drawer here, no idea what's on them.

And I LOVE making accidental discoveries.

Bimbimbie said...

I'm with you with the freedom of digital clicking but you have to be "strict" with what you keep or delete - I'm sure my saved photos are breeding in the backroom of my computer. Lovely happy photo of the two of you ..... congrats on your schmoozer award *!*