23.7.07

R.I.P. The Turkey Drumstick!



Photo of the Day

23.07.07
Wilma, yesterday




You're my turkey dinner,
You're good enough to eat.
Open up that oven.
Your juices smell so sweet
They smell so sweet.

David Faulkner



One thing I notice when I am uploading my photographs is the time is always recorded...




so I know that between 10 and 10.30 yesterday...




Wilma lost the turkey drumstick!





Now you see it........




Now you don't!

We had a good hour on the beach.
As ever Wilma played her game when walking back to the car.



but her ears are always visible! LOL!





We set off around 12 and stopped at Whitby for lunch.





The Whistestop was popular as ever.
There is always a variety of bikes there.....




As this chap started up his old bike Jon told me that he had one when he was younger!




Our friends were there, as ever we had a laugh!





Whitby Abbey.

It was glorious at Whitby and I took my jacket off.
The sun was warm

Hello there! LOL!




We were going to have our 3rd attempt at going to Sherburn in Elmet,
12 miles from Leeds,
just outside York.

We had tried previous weeks, but had been rained off every time.

We drove over the Moors and stopped here,
Hutton - le - Hole.







After a cup of tea we headed towards York
We travelled through the villages and small towns scattered on the moors.
I did catch a glimpse of some lovely pink cottages which we will have to go back and visit
so I can take some photographs,
but time was pressing on and we were watching the sky.


Squires, Sherburn in Elmet, popular as ever!





We had a cold drink and basked in the sunshine.

I was in my t-shirt, very very warm.

We set off for home and travelled over the moors.
I noticed the heather was coming out.
In a month's time the moors will be a lovely shade of purple.




We stopped so I could take these photographs.
So typical of the moors.




On our way home the sky changed quite dramatically and yes,
we got soaked, about 10 minutes after I took these photographs.







At one point the sky was so dramatic it was quite breathtaking.
As we travelled along the road Jon indicated to look right.
There was a huge rainbow and the rain was so evident in a type of huge strip...amazing!

We couldn't stop though as we were keen to get home, out of our wet clothing!





Ben came for his bike!
Yesterday he had been on his way to surprise Jon on his new bike when the clutch cable snapped.....

so Jon fixed it,






and with a little help....





he was on his way.
Another generation of bikers in the family!


So, the start of another week, and what a week this will be.
I will reach the 30,000 mark re my visitors and as this is post 498, post 500 will be very soon!

Watch this space...
you know it makes sense!

LOL!

26 comments:

J.T. said...

Hello MrsNesbitt,

I came over here from World United Bloggers. I saw your clip art... beautiful. Took it and pasted in on my blog and left a message for you at WUB.

P.S. Wilma is a gorgeous dog. :) Poor baby, lost her turkey drumstick.

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I have added you to my Blogroll also,
thanks! http://3dmaps.co.nr/

dot said...

Love that first picture of Wilma and the yellow flowers!

Miss Robyn said...

I must take some photos of when we go for lunch to a small pub at a town called Picton.. it is similar to where you were. at least the rain seemed to stay away!

Ash said...

Some really interesting images!

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Jackie said...

Oh my what a lovely sheppard...I have had two in my life...I loved them dearly...I have not been able to bring myself to get another after loosing them...I had Katy-did and Dakota. I am fighting with Hughesnet today and unfortuantely couldn't view all of your pictures...but, what I did get to download are simply stunning...I am favoring you on my Technorati...you have a grand site...I shall visit more. I did also go to Floppsie...I will also keep up with that read...thank you so much for sropping by my site...I am sorry I have missed this lovely blog for so long.:)~Jackie

Sophiagurl said...

what a lovely dog! thanks for visiting me, I just had to check out the blog that's posting it's 500th! congratulations.

Libbys Blog said...

Howdy friend, glad to see you out and about on your bike. You must go through so much petrol with all of us hanging on too!!!

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

Lovely pics of the moor and Wilma is always such a delight :)

mrsnesbitt said...

j.t

I have just realised, if you look at my photograph of Ben's bike in our lounge you can see the original oil painting on the sideboard!

jim,
Thanks

dot
Thanks, she is lovely!

Robyn, would love to see some ppics. Still love the one of you blessing the bikes! LOL!

Ash, thanks. Your blog was great!

Shinade,
Great stuff! Will definately pop by! but will be keeping in touch.

Sophia, will be Wednesday me thinks.

Libby, made me laugh your comment! LOL! Yes I always imagine you are all with us!

Moi!
Have left you a comment re Wednesday's Photograph theme.

photowannabe said...

Delightful adventures as always Mrs. Nesbitt. Wilma doesn't seem to mind loosing the turkey leg.
Can't wait to see what post 500 will bring.

kate said...

Great pictures - Wilma and my dog would get along well. Sticks hold a special appeal ... balls are quickly dropped in favour of a stick.

Your bike day looked like great fun. The pictures you took are gorgeous.

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Whenever I read about you seeing or driving near or close to....the Moors...my mind immediately goes to Wuthering Heights. I just love seeing all that heather in bloom...can you pick some? Maybe send it across the pond? Would be dried and bits but fun to have.
I applaud the tenacity of you and Jon and your trying to outrun the weather. It's so great you get out and about regardless!
and well, I am besotted with Wilma, she's such a cool dog!
Sending CaliSunshine your way with love and hugs mixed in,
Lisa
XOXO

david mcmahon said...

Hi MrsNesbitt,

G'day, all the way from Australia. I followed your link from Bob The Bear's Diary - and I'm so glad I did.

Your blogging style is very similar to mine.

Why don't you enter your blog in the weekly contest that I run - it's called Aussiejourno's Weekly Blog Awards?

And would you mind if I added your site to my blogroll?

PS - I used to ride a motorbike once. My kids reckon that's the only thing about me that was seriously cool!

Keep smiling

David

Annie said...

Hello to you, traveler and tour guide. This was a great ride, a wonderful tour of your part of England. I am sorry the rain got you finally though glad that it held off for most of the day.

Sweetpea said...

I don't think many other plants are doing to well in Daisy's garden due to the lack of summer!! But those ones were. I adore the pics from your adventures xx

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures! You are just great with words as well. Outstanding post! *HUGS*

Devin said...

Great blog. I love photo blogs and that is a really pretty dog. I am a big dog lover. Thanks for the comment.

RUTH said...

Poor Wilma; guess that drumstick will wash up on some exotic shore one day. You do have some wonderful outings...they look such fun. :o)
Rx

Raindrops said...

I love the pictures you keep showing of Whitby. I will hopefully be there sometime in the summer holiday with the kids when I travel back to see my family
Tricia

Anonymous said...

Oh I feel so sorry for Wilma. Sounds like you had a good day and ride until it decided to rain on you. Love Hugs and Blessings

The Katzbox said...

MrsNesbitt,
Saw your comment on the GreenBlogger and visited your site. It's loverly. I'm coveting your lovely corner of the world. I live in the desert of Southern California, which has its own beauty, but oh, how I miss moisture...and greenery....I will return. Katzbox1

mrsnesbitt said...

Photowannabe...Wednesday will be 500th post! LOL!

Kate, thanks. We try to get out every Sunday but lately we get caught in the rain, even thunderstorms! LOL!

Lisa, yes I know what you mean about wuthering heights. We must take a trip to Bronte Country soon, it isn't far.

David, Hi, have left a comment over on your blog. Love the bear.

Annie, when we are out I always think of you all.

Sweetpea, well you have seen the travellers in the very flesh! LOL! (I was on the back!!) LOL!

Angela, thanks, I just say it as it is.

Guy, thanks for passing by! Always welcome here.

Ruth, one day, somewhere there will be several balls, the drumstick, rubber rings washed up! All Wilma's. The stick will have to do for a while! LOL!

Ninnie....I have something just for you...watch your blog & e-mail!

Katxbox.....we have lots of moisture and greenery here, you should see the state of our hedge! LOL!

david mcmahon said...

Hi Mrs Nesbitt,

Just adding you to my blogroll now ....

Cheers

David

Lynda (Granny K) said...

Wonderful Whitby! When our alternator went on the car park at the Abbey, friendly folk gave us a push and we made it back to York without having to stop the engine!

Thanks for dropping by my blog :o)

Anonymous said...

hello. congrats for your 500th post! i love the concept of your blog. it's a shame i did not come across it earlier! your photos tell a story and they illustrate your words. nice ^-^