19.7.07

Photo of the Day
19.07.07
Huntcliffe, Saltburn
4 hours ago


Driving to Saltburn, earlier this morning I decided I would introduce a new feature to my blog.
I will call it a thought for Thursday, and yes, it will occur every Thursday, and it will be a piece of anything which makes me think.
It could be anything at all.....art, writing, poetry, a picture, a story,
a fact.....the list is endless,
but it has to be something which has made me think!

When I read your comments from yesterday, in a round about way I came across this quote, which indeed made me think!

You must understand the whole of life,
not just one little part of it.
That is why you must read,
that is why you must look at the skies,
that is why you must sing and dance,

and write poems,
and suffer,
and understand,
for all that is life.

-J. Krishnamurti

I came across it, when I read and followed through Bimbimbie's comment
as I read her blog I found myself visiting Carmen's blog and there was the quote.

Bimbimbie has given me a fantastic award...


Here are her stipulations for granting the award:

It is called The Blogger Reflection Award.
Why?
The reason for the title is because this award should make you reflect
bloggers who have been an encouragement,
a source of love,
impacted you in some way,
and have been a Godly example to you.
Bloggers who when you reflect on them you get a sense of pride and joy... of knowing them and being blessed by them.
This award is for the best-of-the-best so consider who you pick, carefully.
This award should not be given to just anyone.


I have been thinking about who to share this award with and here are my choices and reasons.
But really all of the people who read and comment on my blog are special.

Please respond in whatever way you wish.
pass, share, keep...it is up to you.

Dxx

Kai,
The great friend I have made and love.
Yesterday Kai wrote a lovely piece in her blog about accepting ourselves as we are.
I treasured what she said and had tears rolling down my face.
I was truly humbled.

Claire,
What an inspiration she has been since suffering her stroke.
When I have spoken to her on the telephone she has always giggled, in the midst of her suffering she giggled away, and when I finished speaking with her again, I shed tears, tears of love and admiration, and pride.

Lisa, Oceandreamer
Total honest, open, loving Lisa.
We have so much in common.
A loud laugh, an open caring, heart.
A creative lust for expression.
Over the past year we have shed tears,
for the many life moments we have encountered, individually yet together, because of who we are and the similarities in our lives.
I don't have any brothers or sisters, but I do know Lisa, is indeed a sister now, and I know the feeling is reciprocated.

Libby,
Dear caring, hard working Libby, who cares so much for her family and friends.
Always takes the time to show she cares.
When I was on the Cumbrian moorland , on my birthday, returning home from Daisy's funeral,
I received a text from Libby, the timing was perfect.
I felt cared for and appreciated.

Ruth,
Another inspiration, a lady who puts others before herself.
The strength she showed during Mick's illness and passing showed what a lovely woman she is.
Again I shed tears, of the intense word only Ruth could find and share, and inspire.





I have used a photograph I took this morning as a background to my thought for Thursday,
Please feel free to download & print off, but please think of me, and of us all in the blogging community when you look at it.

I hope lots of you will join in the thought for thursday.
Just cut & paste the first picture onto your sidebar
and post anything which has made you think each Thursday!


10 comments:

paintandink said...

A wonderful saying; wonderful thoughts.

Libbys Blog said...

I have know you through blogging for less than a year and yet we have become special friends. I treasure the fact you have awarded me the blogger reflection award. I consider this a great honour, thank you.
As for the thought for Thursday, well I have lots of thoughts everyday, but whether I will actually remember to write it down each Thursday I don't know, but I will try! {{hugs}} and thank you

Leanne said...

thats a lovely quote D.

RUTH said...

That's so sweet of you Denise. I'll wear it with pride. You are such a special blogpal and deserve the award so much. I really like the quote; will try and do a thought for Thursday myself.
{{hugs}}
Rx

ginny said...

What a special blog you have.. connecting with so many, supporting in friends pain and spreading love.. So sorry to have missed you on the phone.. hope you are pleased with your pegbag.. enjoy and now i have found your blog i shall be back.
thank you
ginny
x

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for those sweet and wonderful words!
For being you...for your blog...your zest for life!
I have thanked you on my blog as well my dear Yorkshire Sister!!
My thought for Thursday is GRATITUDE!
XOXOXO
Love and BIG hugs,
Lisa

KaiBlue said...

OH thank you, thank you!!! What a groovy think to be nominated for..
I love the reflection award Denise!!
Thank you.. I'll post it to my bloggie blog right away!!
Skips away, looking at her award from the neatest person on the planet!!
PEace n hugs, Kai xxxxx

Sweetpea said...

I like this idea, a thought for thursday x

Sally Townsend said...

Hi Mrsnesbitt's place, sorry I can't get into your message right now but do drop by and see me and you will meet a whole load of really nice people. xx

Bimbimbie said...

Love the thought for Thursday, and will join in - with all the collective thoughts buzzing about in blogland each Thursday it's bound to knock those satellites out of orbit *!*