Photo a day
12.07.07
Whitby, two days ago!
Listen,
Do you want to know a secret,
Do you promise not to tell,
whoa oh, oh.
Lennon & McCartney
There are 9 million tourists in Whitby, that's a fact! LOL!
Whitby is popular, an understatement but the parking situation is quite horrendous.
This is why I always get the bus,
or park in the supermarket carpark near to the Whistestop cafe
as it is free, when I shop there.
On Tuesday I had to go to the vets to discuss Wilma's anxiety.......
so I asked if I could leave my car in the carpark for a while...
no problems!
Right, I was off!
Do you want to know a secret,
Do you promise not to tell,
whoa oh, oh.
Lennon & McCartney
There are 9 million tourists in Whitby, that's a fact! LOL!
Whitby is popular, an understatement but the parking situation is quite horrendous.
This is why I always get the bus,
or park in the supermarket carpark near to the Whistestop cafe
as it is free, when I shop there.
On Tuesday I had to go to the vets to discuss Wilma's anxiety.......
so I asked if I could leave my car in the carpark for a while...
no problems!
Right, I was off!
I walked down this road, fom the vets,
towards the sea.
Here you can see Whitby harbour in the background!
Here you can see Whitby harbour in the background!
I went down these steps.....
along this cliff,
noticing the activity out at sea..
but look what I wanted to show you!
memories of my own childhood spent on the beach with mum.
but these huts.....are awesome!
I wanted to capture "Seaside"
The Lifeguard!
28 comments:
I always loved the seaside huts, they had little 'primus stoves' in (do you remember them???) Tea and cakes and goodies and somewhere to 'dump' your stuff! Brilliant, wish I had one!!
Fab ... I wish I had one, too!
Joanna
joannasfood.blogspot.com
There used to be huts like this in Cliftonville where my Dad lives and in Ramsgate we hired one for the summer when I was younger. So great with a little stove and kitchen area and somewhere to change into our cossies and spare our blushes! I've never seen any as colourful as these though and that walk to the beach and the beach itself looks heavenly!
If I ever get Whitby way you'll have to take me there.
Rx
those colours remind me of homes in the Caribbean or Bermuda.
All are bright and happy..
ready for a singalong?
Oh I do like to be beside the seaside,
oh I do like to be beside the seeaaa!
lol..peace, kai
..call me.. I need to talk..
Denise, you out did yourself. The photos are beautiful! I love the colors. Are the huts big enough to stay in overnite?
Oh I love Whitby! Every time I visit the UK, I take a trip there -that drive across the Moors and the view of the sea lifts my heart!
Thank you for giving me a virtual visit - I have been missing the sea lately.
Marie x
Love the huts, makes me yearn for a day by the sea - we are landlocked in Oxfordshire.
Illustration Friday can be found here
http://www.illustrationfriday.com/index.php
you sign up and on Friday you are sent a theme to illustrate (obviously before the next Friday), then you notify the website that you are entering yours, and put it on your blog).
Hi, haven't been to your blog for a while, sorry about that
I loved Whitby when I was there last year in April, Parked on the west side above the cliffs and walked down through Whitby and up the steps to the Abbey, don't remember seeing the huts.
Awesome.....loved the colors of those huts...what a serendipity for you!!!! :)
I LOVE these....in the very first photo of them I thought they were a row of colorful post boxes. How wonderful they are actually colorful little huts!! You've captured the very things I love....the ocean AND color!! How lucky you are to have this so nearby (I know, I keep saying that)...but you are!
"By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea......"
Great photos. Now what is INSIDE these wee huts?
XOXO
Love,
Lisa
Delightful pictures today Denise. the huts are so colorful and perfect for a day at the shore. Did I mention the color? Georgous. Loved your darling couple following the sun and sitting in front of the COLORFUL hut. Did I mention colorful?
Love it, love it , love it....
Thanks for you funny comment on my blog.
Oh, wow, what an awesome place! The people who built those certainly had a sense of humor.
Thanks for visiting my blog. I like animal commercials best, I think!
Loved my wander with you at Whitby .... smiled when I saw the dog on it's own beach mat in the family photo. Hope Wilma's anxiety is manageable *!*
Just looking at those pictures gave a calm feeling. thanks! and thank you for visitng my blog.
lovely warm kinda photos ;o]
p.s thank you for your comments i agree with you totally ..
I want a beach hut! these photo's are beautiful. have a lovely weekend xx
MY God.. you live in a gorgeous place! Wow! Every time I look at your photos I feel like I am watching a romantic windswept scene in a film! So..what is Wilma's anxiety.. ? Spot has major seperation anxiety if he is left alone since the other dog died! He has to stay at a friend's when I work!!!
your beaches are so different to ours... I love the huts! it is such fun to see other places.. I had to laugh at all the photos of the people.. I wonder if they knew where they were destined for - Blogworld!
Huts a matta Mrs.N? You got nuts in yer huts? Or veg-e-tables? Teach the dog to say HUTS!!! Word of the day for the dog.
Seriously though, they are gorgeous. A delicious contrast on the beautiful English coastline.
You are fortunate!!!!
xo
Blue
I love those huts!
Did you get a peak inside?
Thanks for visiting my new blog. As I browsed yours, I smiled at the picture of the duck wearing galoshes. Who ever heard of a duck that didn't want to get it's webbed feet wet! :)
There's no beachfront property in Kansas. It was nice to view your photos of the colorful huts and beach.
Denise, I love the walk you took us on to discover the huts! Oh the huts - what a really good idea.
I'm with you - I love these huts! We have cool beaches along the Washington coast too (but I'm not so close).
Beautiful huts with amazing color. Great photos, you really capture a lovely essence of the seaside! Wonderful blog! Can you please send me your email address, I have an email about illustration Friday for you, with no where to send it!! Thanks
Peace Giggles
Nice blog post!!
- Yep ofcourse we can exchange links :) Yours now added to my blog :)
Oh those pics are precious. I love love love them. thank you for giving me a serious case of the giggles
Ang
Wonderful photos and a great post!
Fairy tale huts and magical colours.......
Post a Comment