Photo a Day
Last day in Holland,
on journey home,
after our holiday in France 2005
Last day in Holland,
on journey home,
after our holiday in France 2005
Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Ability is what you're capable of.
Motivation determines what you do.
Attitude determines how well you do it.
- Lou Holtz
Motivation determines what you do.
Attitude determines how well you do it.
- Lou Holtz
The only limits are, as always, those of vision.
- James Broughton
- James Broughton
Vision without action is a daydream.
Action without vision is a nightmare.
- Japanese Proverb
Action without vision is a nightmare.
- Japanese Proverb
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.
- Unknown
I have been thinking,
and I can tell you exactly when it was!
It was when we were travelling home in the torrential rain on Sunday.
I had my eyes focussed on the road ahead.
Because of my crash helmet's visor I have a limited view.
I could not look directly upwards, that would be a physical impossibility whilst travelling at a speed of 30 mph + (wink!)
I could make out where we were heading.
The sky was changing and really we had no control of the outcome.
We were heading for the sunshine and avoiding the grey clouds,
but the road was an unknown one.
LIFE IS A BIT LIKE THAT, DON'T YOU THINK?
We tend to focus towards what we expect to be positive and avoid negative.
But like on a journey when we are following a road we really do not know what the actual journey will be like.
When we LOOK BACK we are often amazed at what incredible situations we have hauled ourselves through.
If we KNEW what the situations were going to be, we probably would not have set out at all.
On Sunday when Jon and I returned home we were DRENCHED!
Yet, we had had a FANTASTIC time together and what made it most special was because we had travelled together, through the horrendous weather.
We could SHARE the joy of dry clothes and SHARE the feeling of wet rain dripping down our boots.
The JOURNEY had been fun
and memorable!
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
- Will Rogers
Today I heard some news which will mean a new direction for my business.
I want to share it with you because I want to take you with me on my journey.
Why?
Because I want to SHARE....
Imagine climbing Mount Everest alone...
what do you do when you reach the top?
Stick the flag in!
Imagine climbing Mount Everest as a group...
what do you do when you reach the top?
Exactly!
The new direction.....
As an artist I work on commissions.
It is rather like a problem solving process.
The client would say what they wanted and I have to interpret the brief.
I was asked to depict a man's life in an artistic form, as a memorial,
a living memorial as it would be known.
I painted a scene from his favourite spot here on the North York Moors.
The family were thrilled with it and local Funeral Directors endorsed it's potential in an ever increasing environmentally aware market.
Eventually, through research and development I came across
the Natural Death Centre
I have had many conversations with the Director,
Mike Jarvis who again endorses my work.
When the next edition of the book is published I will be listed as a Memorial Artist.
One of the biggest Environmental Events here in UK
is the BIG GREEN GATHERING
A dear friend of mine, Brigit Strawbridge
is launching her exciting new campaign!
As some of you are aware I am a moderator over on Brigit's Forum
in fact I have my very own tearoom!
Well, at the Big Green Gathering there is going to be.....
Mrs Nesbitt's Tearoom!
Yes, my name in lights!
Brigit is having the tearoom to cater for the volunteers who are helping with the event!
What a wonderful opportunity to bring attention to my memorial art.
I have been asked by Brigit to prepare some information on Environmental Issues and the alternative funeral and memorial choices available.
So.............watch this space!
- Unknown
I have been thinking,
and I can tell you exactly when it was!
It was when we were travelling home in the torrential rain on Sunday.
I had my eyes focussed on the road ahead.
Because of my crash helmet's visor I have a limited view.
I could not look directly upwards, that would be a physical impossibility whilst travelling at a speed of 30 mph + (wink!)
I could make out where we were heading.
The sky was changing and really we had no control of the outcome.
We were heading for the sunshine and avoiding the grey clouds,
but the road was an unknown one.
LIFE IS A BIT LIKE THAT, DON'T YOU THINK?
We tend to focus towards what we expect to be positive and avoid negative.
But like on a journey when we are following a road we really do not know what the actual journey will be like.
When we LOOK BACK we are often amazed at what incredible situations we have hauled ourselves through.
If we KNEW what the situations were going to be, we probably would not have set out at all.
On Sunday when Jon and I returned home we were DRENCHED!
Yet, we had had a FANTASTIC time together and what made it most special was because we had travelled together, through the horrendous weather.
We could SHARE the joy of dry clothes and SHARE the feeling of wet rain dripping down our boots.
The JOURNEY had been fun
and memorable!
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
- Will Rogers
Today I heard some news which will mean a new direction for my business.
I want to share it with you because I want to take you with me on my journey.
Why?
Because I want to SHARE....
Imagine climbing Mount Everest alone...
what do you do when you reach the top?
Stick the flag in!
Imagine climbing Mount Everest as a group...
what do you do when you reach the top?
Exactly!
The new direction.....
As an artist I work on commissions.
It is rather like a problem solving process.
The client would say what they wanted and I have to interpret the brief.
I was asked to depict a man's life in an artistic form, as a memorial,
a living memorial as it would be known.
I painted a scene from his favourite spot here on the North York Moors.
The family were thrilled with it and local Funeral Directors endorsed it's potential in an ever increasing environmentally aware market.
Eventually, through research and development I came across
the Natural Death Centre
I have had many conversations with the Director,
Mike Jarvis who again endorses my work.
When the next edition of the book is published I will be listed as a Memorial Artist.
One of the biggest Environmental Events here in UK
is the BIG GREEN GATHERING
A dear friend of mine, Brigit Strawbridge
is launching her exciting new campaign!
As some of you are aware I am a moderator over on Brigit's Forum
in fact I have my very own tearoom!
Well, at the Big Green Gathering there is going to be.....
Mrs Nesbitt's Tearoom!
Yes, my name in lights!
Brigit is having the tearoom to cater for the volunteers who are helping with the event!
What a wonderful opportunity to bring attention to my memorial art.
I have been asked by Brigit to prepare some information on Environmental Issues and the alternative funeral and memorial choices available.
So.............watch this space!
21 comments:
Wishing you the very best of luck with your venture though I know so much of it's success will be down to you, your hard work and determination. Great pics and quotes!
Rx
"The past cannot be changed, the future is still in your power"
What exciting news MrsN! I hope everything goes well for you! Lovely photos and words today too :o){{HUGS}} xx
Great news!! And very well deserved!!
I wish you all the luck in the world with your new venture.
Big Green Gathering sounds GREAT, wish I could be there!!!!
"A journey starts with one step"
HUGS
Gill
How exciting! Wishing you the very best of luck with the next stage of your journey. I loved your post and the photographs.
Marie x
I am ready to go with the me=me!
I love that Alice quote "which road do I take...." - love it!
Good luck with your new business venture Denise.
I had never heard of this.
Sounds like great things are in store for you. Love Hugs and Blessings
Love the Will Rogers quote!
How exciting Denise. I wish you lots of luck with this new venture, you deserve it.
Great news!!!! Whoooo hooooo. Am so pleased for you. Hopefully it will be the publicity you need.
Love Sue xxx
You never cease to amaze me with your many talents. i wish you the very best in your new endeavor. Keep us informed about each new thing Denise.
Great stuff! Congratulations and Good Luck in this new venture.
I haven't been blogging for a few days, we have had a long weekend Strawberry Festival to celebrate Canada Day, lot's of things to do, people to see, check it out on my blog.
clap..clap..
well done mrs n. on your new endeavor!! I'll keep my eyes pealed to your blog. It's good to be home.
Peace, Kai.
Ooooh! Fancy you knowing that beautiful Brigit. I'm quite a fan. He is a bit Jolly Hollysticks, but she is lovely!
Congrats on all your ventures...!
This is fantastic news. Congratulations and may fair winds always blow your way.
Hugs.
Great news!
www.rosshetherington.com
I love the quotes here Denise....and the observation...really none of us can see too much further down the road but keeping a positive attitude makes a difference.
xo
Thanks for the comment I am on the Wordpress system :(
www.rosshetherington.com
Thanks for your comment on my blog, which led me to come and check this out. It looks very interesting and I hope it goes well. If you want further discussion, feel free to email me - the address is on my blog.
Hi Denise, wonderful photos, quotes and plenty to think about ..... I have heard about the Natural Death Center and thought it a great idea, go green with a tree *!*
Post a Comment