2.2.08

Saturday afternoon & Sunday whatever!



Photo of the Day
Our Back garden
02.02.08







"Every gardener knows that under the cloak of winter lies a miracle ...
a seed waiting to sprout, a bulb opening to the light, a bud straining to unfurl.
And the anticipation nurtures our dream."

- Barbara Winkler


February is here all ready and yesterday the snow came.
The roads have been particularly bad here in the North of the UK and the A66 road to Penrith/Carlisle/Bowes was particularly bad.

Listening to the news the road numbers were familiar because many of them are the routes we follow when we are out on the motorbike.

It is amazing to think that this time last week we were out on the motorbike, in Scarborough and we even managed to get out on the Sunday too!
This just shows how fickle the weather can be...it also proves how important it is to grasp the opportunities when they come along...if a good day comes along we try to seize the moment and go out on the motorbike!
Not that we will be doing so this weekend.
The weather is very cold and the roads are terribly dangerous, particularly for a motorbike!
However tomorrow we may go for a drive on the moors, in the pick-up!

The garden is edging it's way towards Spring and everywhere I go I can see shoots pushing up through the snow...
so much is in store!

So as Sunday approaches and I think of my surroundings I am blessed with nature's evidence of New Life!

I particularly liked this poem as it seemed to link my feelings of seizing the moment and new life in the garden!

New Life


I've been sitting around this life for years,
Not enough laughs and too many tears.
Trying to figure out where it all went,
These wasted years that I have spent.

Searching for something to go beyond,
Life's a stone skipping across a pond.
At the last skip, it hits with a splash,
Down the stone sinks, gone in a flash.

Pushing and pulling, it's tearing apart,
Poking and prodding an underused heart.
This dark velvet curtain that hides my soul,
Living this life has taken it's toll.

In a flash of bright light, the curtain is torn,
Tumbling down all tattered and worn.
Revealing new life, a child within,
Born free of hate, of suffering and sin.

Now my eyes see what has never been told,
Striving forth happy, confident and bold.
Into a world that's unfamiliar but friendly,
Into this new life my spirit will send me.

Living and laughing, loving it all,
I stood myself up and answered the call.
The darkness has gone, replaced by the light,
I gave up the darkness with hardly a fight.

I've been sitting around this life for years,
With laughter aplenty and hardly a tear.
Now I can see just where it all went,
Cherish every moment of this new life I've spent.

by Paul Bodet

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Denise!!!

Have a Blessed Happy Fun
Creative Healthy Year Filled
With Lot's and Lots of Laughter!!!

Flassie

Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

In view of the forecast I braced Friday's winds and went to town shopping instead of ordering the transport to take us down town Saturday in case it was too icy.
Well it snowed overnight and looked bad first thing but throughout the morning it thawed and by afternoon the snow was gone.

Salena said...

Hi Mrs N I am finally got a blog!!

What a beautiful image the lighting makes me feel so peaceful.

Anonymous said...

I love the photo on your log banner. Yorkshire always looks so lovely with a dusting of snow.

We have also had snow this week, but we have quite a bit more than you ~ I posted a photo of how it looks this morning.

Enjoy your weekend.

Marie x

Flassie's Fil'a said...

Thanks Denise for Your Kindness and Prayers!!!
I was't signed in last time I came here and left a comment. The poem made me cry.

Have a Blessed Happy Fun
Creative Healthy Year!!!

imac said...

Another nice post from Mrs Nessbitt then.


Visit me and see the Unusual!!

nonizamboni said...

Dreamy photos Mrs. N. And I especially loved the poem--I could certainly identify. Its never too late to count our blessings, aye?

Silly Goose said...

Lovely poem. ;-)

SandyCarlson said...

Lovely post. I like your new banner, your reflection, and the poem. All wonderful. Here in New England, we had quite the turnabout with the weather, too. It's a wonderful reminder to make the most of every moment, as you say.

Happy BYB Sunday.

Miss Robyn said...

I am thinking that it might be a good idea to come in autumn instead of winter! actually, we went to the travel agents last week and we start planning our UK holiday in November of this year...ooh I cannot wait! AND I might be staying on after Joe leaves .. maybe for a few weeks!

that snow looks gorgeous! not fun to be riding in though.. what is the beach like when it snows?

Andree said...

you got snow! it's so pretty. I hope you got out and enjoyed it!

CG said...

A very uplifting post as always Denise {{HUGS}}

Daryl said...

Oh so pretty and cold .. and here I was thinking spring was on the way .. I guess its taken a short detour!

Anonymous said...

I came for a BYB visit - I hope you are surviving the weather and are not too inconvenienced by by the snow.

Thank you for the poems - so appropriate for this time of year when we are thinking about new beginnings.

Happy BYB Sunday.

Susan said...

Wishing you peace for your soul, joy for your spirit and love in your life always!

Libbys Blog said...

Now I'm not a poem person, but I liked this one!

Andrea said...

Great photo. Enjoyed the poems.

Annie said...

I'm going outside to look around for the new shoots. I'm ready for growth and the excitement it brings to me each year.

Mountain Mama said...

Yes Spring is finally showing up around here too, but in little ways, like the robin I saw in the maple tree and the tips of the tulips poking through the ground. The English Violets are beginning to bloom too. Now if the snow and rain, wind and chill would just leave.....
I do love Spring!

Yolanda said...

I very much enjoyed this post and poem.

photowannabe said...

Very thoughtful and meaningful post and poem. All that cold and snow does make one anxious for Spring and new beginnings and new life. Have a wonderful week Denise.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

HiDenise,
What a Wonderfull & mysterious header, almost dreamy, I like also you poem, thanks for the snowpic, we hav already fowers blossoming out (soon!)

Look at my blog I showed some "trucks on the road", we went to Germany.

Whats the theme letter for ABC, the C I quess? Do you know why we (holland) are always too late with signin at Mr. Linky? I think I know, you (and others) start a day ahead I quess?

Have a good week!

Anonymous said...

What a nice post. You made my day.