15.7.09

A Sneak Preview!

I am so pleased with the progress in the bottom part of the paddock, the area designated for the arrial of our new chickens. Once the fencing is sorted we will move onto the construction of the hen house. All fencing used is what we had in the garden and other wood was from the old stable which was demolished a couple of years ago. Here you can see Jo the gander walking away after inspecting the new fence. A gate has yet to be added + some wire.

This is my bench! It is a bench from Jon's workshop which he no longer had any use for. The fence post is again re-used wood from the stable. The post looks a bit boring! I need to come up with something to tart these posts up! Any ideas?
I am so excited about this project! I will keep you posted of developments before the grand tour when all completed and the girls move in!

10 comments:

Sara said...

I'm excited for you! I love, love, love my hens!

The Weaver of Grass said...

What sort of hens are you getting Denise? I have amixture - some bantams at least twelve years old, a few black rocks two years old and a few brown hens about five years old. Someone offered me a clutch of silkie eggs to put under our bantams but the farmer was having none of it - they have to be productive in future!! Paint each post a different colour??

Anonymous said...

This looks great. How about a plant pot stuck to the top of the post with some trailing plants in.

CJ xx

Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

love hoew you've recycled the bench

Anonymous said...

Hi from Polloplayer - thanks for stopping by my blog; thought I'd check yours out. Always enjoy broadening my chicken network! May I add a link to your blog on mine?

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

Hey!
WOW!
THANKS for my speshol envelope!
I'm goin to blog abowt it tomorro!
WA-HEY!
Hehe!
I luv gettin post, me!
:@}

Dragonstar said...

Those hens will have a wonderful place. I miss my fresh eggs, though I prefer ducks as people. I love the bench in the sun.

James Higham said...

Progress in the paddock - sounds great.

Suburbia said...

Sounds idyllic :)

Jane Hards Photography said...

Do you ever stop. I thought I was hyper.