9.7.09

Rose Scattering Fire in the IOM Sky!

Though the day still lingers, the rose-scattering fire of the evening star already scintillates through the azure sky. - Willem Kloos,
Continuing with my Isle of Man Skies, this was another evening, another sky at Port Erin. Quite late evening, you can just see the lights on the bay indicating something was going on! For more skywatchers go here

10 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

I wonder why the skies at sea are always so much more exciting - could it be the reflection of the water?

Rune Eide said...

I'll just have to go there (I once almost did).

L. Neusiedler said...

what a wonderful image!

Rinkly Rimes said...

A 'rose-scattering' sky. Very visual. I'd have pictured your sky even if you hadn't shown it to me!

Roan said...

The colors are magnificent!

Sara said...

Your blog has such a feel good factor to it! I instantly felt peaceful looking at the beautiful photo of the sunset.
PS. The rescued ducklings are doing very well!

Jane Hards Photography said...

Port Erin and Peel realy do have the best sunsest ans we have the best sunrise. Simply stunning.

Anonymous said...

This is lovely too see, thanks for posting.

CJ xx

photowannabe said...

Truly lovely Denise. Sunsets and water...a perfect combination.

ChrisJ said...

Denise, you are just way too talented!! Plum jam, no less! My favorite and it looks delicious --bet it tastes even better. I liked the aerial photo of your village. it really is a small village -- just a hamlet I think. It makes me quite homesick to see the beautiful fields and houses of northern England. But then I look out of the window and see the sunshine.... :)