25.7.09

The Winner Takes it All!

My Best Friend Maria and Moi
The Fundraising Event was a great success, achieving much needed funds for Teesside Hospice. The star prize of the raffle was a Jamie Oliver jug! Yes I won it, and 2nd and 3rd prizes too! Embarassed when my ticket was picked for the 4th prize I said to put the ticket back! Maria won! lol! When she was picking her prize 2 more of her numbers were read out! All in all Maria won 3 prizes, I won 5! A good result I would say! lol!
Here you can see the wonderful produce which Steph and others had prepared.
The food was delicious, not that we would expect any other from Steph!
The lady at the front of this picture is the Chief Exec of Teesside Hospice. At a previous event she said she knew me from somewhere. After a long discussion it turns out we both went to the same disco as teenagers! What a small world. Steph is the lady in the background sporting a little black number and a big smile!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Roan said...

Success! And for such a worthy cause. Tonight is our all night Relay for Life. Proceeds go to the American Cancer Society. I doubt I will make it all night, but will give it a try. Unfortunately, my pillow is only a short walk from where the benefit is being held. It will be calling my name around midnight. :)

Kath said...

Lovely photos, looks like you had a great time! Many thanks for the fabrics and cute card.I have been playing down there since we came back from our walk. best wishes Kath www.railwaycottage.blogspot.com

James Higham said...

Jamie Oliver jug eh? I'd kill for one of those.

Anonymous said...

Lovely, what I expect from a daughter in law

Mrs Mac said...

Congrats on your win! Now I'm hungry....

Unknown said...

always a shot in the arm whne you work for a cause