19.7.09

The Airing Cupboard, but not as you know it Jim!

Yesterday we bottled 34 pints of cider! They will stay in the airing cupboard for 3 days before being moved to the garage where they need to stay for at least 3 weeks! This leaves fermenting bin 1 free for us to start off some beer. Tomorrow I collect another fermenting bin thanks to Freecycle which I will use to start off 15 gallons of a red wine. I also have a rose to start off in a demijohn. The 2 demijohns of apricot & strawberry wine continue to bubble away in the airing cupboard. I must say it is getting pretty crowded in there and we may have to make some alterations. Less bedding = more home brewing space! I have too much bedding anyway! lol!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I imagine if anyone looks in your airing cupboard for a clean towel they will get a surprise!

CJ xx

Roan said...

I vote for tossing out the bedding and filling it up with wine. Hubby is making pickles. Although they are quite tasty, I like your idea better!

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

That's a lot ov cider!!

The Weaver of Grass said...

all sounds very good to me Denise - I have never dared to venture into wine making but my mother in law made superb stuff. If you manage to get over to see us, do bring a sample!

Mrs Mac said...

I have a friend who loves cider but I can't drink it- it makes me depressed!

CherryPie said...

The wine sounds delicious :-)

Carolyn said...

I definitely like your priorities!
Smiles

Leslie: said...

We are going to make our own wine come the fall, but we'll do it at a type of "store" where they actually do it all for you. It's so much cheaper than buying the bottles at the liquor store and it's supposed to be very good. Tomorrow Lorne is bringing over his wine holder thingy (holds 60 bottles) so it needs to be filled! lol Not that it'll stay filled, though. hahaha

2cats said...

My uncle made wine. It was the best ever. He made wine out of things I never dreamed of.
Isn't Freecycle the best?

Shrinky said...

Oh my, that looks good! What a busy girl you are.. I have stored my bottled peaches, will tell you the outcome when they are ready!

Anonymous said...

Right then....
Three weeks time, must go to Yorkshire............
To, search out airing cupboards and garages...lol

KaiBlue said...

Aloha Denise,
luscious cider indeed..
peace, Kai

Kath said...

I could shut myself in there and die a happy woman..*hic*

Mark Kreider said...

I'd sure love to have a taste of the cider. It would be great if you included the recipe... but maybe it's secret!

Mopsa said...

How did you make those lovely labels???