Up Handale Lane yesterday I fed apples to the horses!
Yes, a new addition!
The horses opposite the new foal were waiting for attention!
Up close for a stroke of her nose!
The dot in the distance is Wilma!
This little rabbit quickly scuttled off!
Further up the lane the Honeysuckle perfume was quite wonderful on this sunny day!
The brambles which I will pick for my winemaking later in the year!
Heading back towards home Mother and foal walking through the field
The dot in the distance is Wilma, on her way home.
More horses for apples!
The red tiled roof in the distance, centre of the photograph is our house!
Until another apple feed the horses make do with grass!
So, end of ABC Round 4!
Last week it was decided quite categorically to carry on with ABC Round 5.
This will take us into a 3rd year of the weekly project.
It has been so much fun and I have been thinking about what I will do for Round 5.
I like to have a theme or focus and I have decided that Round 5 will be based on our strive towards a more sustainable self-sufficient life.
All my photographs/thoughts will be based on our little piece of land here in North Yorkshire where each day my zest for life is re-kindled by all I see around me.
To feel the beauty of nature absorbed into my bones inspires me to improve all we have.
I have many friends who are like-minded one in particular, Brigit Strawbridge has been a total inspiration and her concept The Big Green Idea is awesome!
Check it out, it may be coming to a town near you!
Earth
I am the Earth
And the Earth is me.
Each blade of grass,
Each honey tree,
Each bit of mud,
And stick and stone
Is blood and muscle,
Skin and bone.
And just as I
Need every bit
Of me to make
My body fit,
So Earth needs
Grass and stone and tree
And things that grow here
Naturally.
That's why we
Celebrate this day.
That's why across
The world we say:
As long as life,
As dear, as free,
I am the Earth
And the Earth is me.
Jane Yolen
To see more ABC visit here
19 comments:
Ok, I'm still figuring out how to zest it out with our life with the economy going to Z. hehe..
have fun everyone !
One thing is clear - few have the Zest that you have! Keep it up!
In French, "zest" doesn' t mean"enthusiasm "...
This word suggest something quick and light .
I agree with Rune-E !
Mine will be up later; Sorry, it was impossible to translate my post, because it's full of jokes and wits -about french words .
lovely photos, especially "mother and foal" !
Liked your village tour Denise.
Denise, I've said it before and I'll say it again. You really do have a zest for life and you live in the most wonderful village.
Thanks for hosting ABC and I'm so happy we will be continuing. I am afraid I will miss the first few weeks while we are in Kenya but I will try to catch up.
My Z post is up now.
I loved taking that walk with you. The mother and foal are beautiful, and the rural area is so peaceful.
What lovely photographs, hope you are keeping ok :-)
I can smell the honeysuckle!
My effort
http://rinklyrimes.blogspot.com/2009/07/zealot.html
I, too, have a zest for life but I cannot imagine your NOT having such a zest living where you do! I've had so much fun doing ABCWs since round 2 and even though I missed a few due to my surgery in January and consequent convalescence, count me in for Round 5. Raising a glass to you, Denise, for all your hard work in keeping this going! Cheers! :D
Sorry, when I first saw your post, I was immediately thinking about Lemon Zest, a nice ingredient for many delicious things.
what a great post! I always liked Norman Vincent Peale's positive attitude.
Your flowers and horses are magnificent.
What a lovely post, Denise! I always enjoy seeing the countryside around where you live, and taking this walk with Wilma was very enjoyable. I have to ask what people ask me when I'm walking my dog Sophie--are you walking her or is she walking you?:)
I like your little piece of paradise and the walk you shared with us. The poem is wonderful. I look forward to participating more in the next round. Thanks for your zest and sharing.
Smiles
I couldn't agree more! If we just take time out to watch & absorb, Nature herself fills us with the zest we need to live fulfilled lives.
A lovely walk!
I join you in zestful living!
You live in a beautiful village.
I too am one with the earth.
I celebrate the native plants in my area and all the birds and bugs. Thank you for ABC Wednesday.
I look forward visiting everyone and posting my posts. I think about ABC Wednesday and make plans and have a remarkable time. I also learn so very much.
Blessing to you and yours.
Sherry
Yours is a wonderful environment, for sure. I love horses and I would give so much to be able to go back to the countryside.
Oh, I think I want to live where you live! So lovely!
And I love the peonies in your banner. :)
Lovely post Denise! So much zest for life, and such a lovely day.
Post a Comment