Y is for YUMMY!
Auntie denise's home made plum jam + Nephew 3!
yummy?
lick every last finger!
yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmy, delicious!
Clean plate now!
I make plum jam, or conserve to be exact!
If there are big pieces of fruit in the jam it is a conserve, according to Margatert Pattern!I use the damsons/plums from our own garden.If I can do it anybody can.
1 kg plums, 1 kg sugar!
Put plums in pan, simmer away (this releases the pectin)
add sugar until it dissolves,bubble away for a while...
getting scalded by the mixture!
Test...saucer business, brings back memories from school!
Pour into hot jars, seal with waxy paper!
To join in the ABC lark, go here
27 comments:
Your plum jam seems delicious and your nephew is sympathetic !
Have a good wednesday !
If I should ever come visit Yorkshire again, do you think that....?
Yumm Yummm Yummm.
Your conserve sounds finger lickin' good to me.
I've just had a scone with apricot jam so I couldn't make room for it just now.
Yummy indeed! Your nephew's face says it all. A great set of pictures plus a reminder of how easy it is to preserve the deliciousness of our summer fruits.
Yummy! That's visible on his face!! Nice set of photos Denise!
I love plum jam! It sets really well, doesn't it?
THe plum jam sounds delicious. And you have an appreciative customer there!
Yummy is a great Y word.
Would that work with any type of fruit? I've got some red berries stuck in the freezer until I know what to do with them...
Send some yummy (preferably plummy) jam this way!
Here's mine
http://rinklyrimes.blogspot.com/2009/07/yeltsin.html
Yummy indeed...how nice of your nephew to pose for this fun series of shots...
Now, you make me hungry and i ready to rush to the supermarket to buy a bottle of plum jam!!!
Nothing beats homemade jam! I'll have to try your recipe, Denise.
looks like the perfect comfort food!
Yup, yummy.
Hahhahaaa! The last picture is the best!
http://digitalpolaroids.blogspot.com/2009/07/yelling.html
Yes, we are at home at the beginning of september...If you visit Normandy , we could meet !
Send me a bottle , please! they goes well with hot tea, don't you think?
Yummie??? HA HA HA HA!!! GREAT CHOICE!!!!!
Yummy is right! Your nephew looks to be very happy!
Now I am hungry.
Sherry
His darling face says it all!
This settles it - I'm coming right over. (I do wish I could). Plum jam/conserve is so tasty because of the tart & sweet flavor mixed so deliciously together. Nephew 3 has such a nice smile.
Yummy I bet! I'd LOVE to taste your plum jam! Come on over to see my yachts! lol
LOL!!!!!!!!!! The look on his face says it all!!!
My favourite jams are apricot or ginger. Scrum! But plum is good with cream on scones. BTW, do you still manage to find greengages? I haven't seen them in years!
I used to make a lot of jam and marmalade. No-one eats it any more, so I don't bother, but it was so much nicer than the shop stuff.
Fine Y Denise.
I'd kill for good plum jam.
Nephew #3 makes life look wonderful! You make the cooking sound easy...a tasty Y
Post a Comment