

The industrial revolution has tended to produce everywhere great urban masses that seem to be increasingly careless of ethical standards.
Irving Babbitt
Irving Babbitt
Driving home in the pick-up.
Jon just becoming familiar with his new mobile phone's technology!
Conversation went something like this.........
(me) "Jon, Jon...........look at THAT!"
(Jon.....remember he is driving!) "What?"
(me) "The view....over there, the view!"
Jon glances over, briefly, parks up quickly in the near by car park, takes out his phone and takes these pictures.
He had has his phone only a matter of hours!
Now that is a sure sign of a man who reads the instruction manuals! LOL!
The smoke/emissions on the horizon are from ICI Wilton site.
Both my parents were employed there for many years.
Dad was a training officer, mum a personnel secretary.
This is where they met.
I would have liked to say more, but I have a busy time right now.
Early start as I am being interviewed on local radio, between 11-11.30am tomorrow, and I have 3 wedding commissions right now.....but I did want to celebrate 50,000 visitors to my blog!
Great stuff!
Jon just becoming familiar with his new mobile phone's technology!
Conversation went something like this.........
(me) "Jon, Jon...........look at THAT!"
(Jon.....remember he is driving!) "What?"
(me) "The view....over there, the view!"
Jon glances over, briefly, parks up quickly in the near by car park, takes out his phone and takes these pictures.
He had has his phone only a matter of hours!
Now that is a sure sign of a man who reads the instruction manuals! LOL!
The smoke/emissions on the horizon are from ICI Wilton site.
Both my parents were employed there for many years.
Dad was a training officer, mum a personnel secretary.
This is where they met.
I would have liked to say more, but I have a busy time right now.
Early start as I am being interviewed on local radio, between 11-11.30am tomorrow, and I have 3 wedding commissions right now.....but I did want to celebrate 50,000 visitors to my blog!
Great stuff!
34 comments:
Jon did good! And your header picture is absolutely beautiful!
These are beautiful and that fisrt one is amazing. I love the single ray striking out over the field. Good capture!
So sad to see such immense amounts of pollution spewed into our atmosphere but it does make for beautiful photographs.
I remember flying east from Memphis one clear day and seeing the smokestacks of a power plant spewing smoke high into the sky. As we flew on for another twenty-thirty minutes at 400 mph I could still see the haze below coming from those stacks. Anyone on the ground would just have assumed it was a hazy day but from 35,000ft it was plain to see where it originated from.
beautiful colors! Happy Skywatch!
Gorgeous! Like Sharon, I love that single ray over the field in the first one.
just coming over to tell you that we went for a ride last weekend and the temp got up to 40 ceg.C!!!
I thought I was going to have a stroke, it was so hot
- hope the interview went well!
Gotta get me one of them new fangled telephone things!
wow 50000 well done! There is something strangely beautiful about some of the worst pollution, those pix are lovely!
I sometimes mistake the smokestack clouds for regular clouds and often have to take another look. Good catch!
Beautiful colours. In pastel.
Happy Sky Watch Friday! :)
Wishing you good luck on the interview. And congratulation with the 50 000! :)))
Hewo Mrs Nesbitt!
Sky look be on fire!
Be like hav wagons in!
Dilly like!
¬"
nice shots
50000 in 2 years!!!
Impressive.
as the photos
*inhale*
ahhh, you can smell the pollution from here!
good capture.
A great combination of pictures and quotation. It says it all.
I don't like the pollution spewed into the atmosphere but I love your beautiful photographs!
It's stunning, the impact of industry on our landscape and sky. You have quite a picture here.
Congrats on the posts!
nice picture!! with a mobile too! wow you do have a busy day. have fun with all that excitement in one day!!
Very nice Sky Watch Friday picture.
great photo!
have a great weekend
I never did figure out my camera phone, at least not well enough to get any decent pictures with it.
Amazing photos, I'm not sure which one I prefer. I think the first one. Have a nice weekend.
My goodness, that's a lot of visitors. Congratulations.
The factory emissions give drama to the sky. Nice shots, especially from a camera phone.
These are absolutely beautiful! The bluebells are gorgeous.Roll on Spring so I can go to our local woods and see the bluebells there.
Great captures! Love the way the sun peaks out in the first one!
Yes it sure does.
Nice photo.
Alexander
Alex's World! - http://www.kakinan.com/alex
Hi Denise
My parents worked at ICI Wilton too in the 1960's ~ I wonder if they knew yours?
It is such a shame that they are still pumping all that pollution into the atmosphere ~ my Mum told me that she used to get an allowance for stockings because the chemicals in the air rotted the nylon ~ heaven only knows what it did to their lungs!
Marie x
Those are amazing cell phone pictures.
I am commenter no 30 on your post today, no wonder you have 50000 comments.
About ICI Wilton, I seem to remember my dad saying he worked there sometime before WW11, one of his many jobs, the first day he would tell the boss how to run the place, I bet that didnt go down well.
What is with the bluebells, has spring come early.
Just an observation.
You have changed you Heading photo?
If not where have I been.
Wonderful
50,000! WOW. I can only dream...
Congratulations on reaching over 50,000 visitors to your site! Glad you live fairly far away from all that pollution; although, all the smoke does add character to the photo.
At first before I read about Jon & his phone camera prowess, I thought those were some sort of tornado or water (is it) sprout (?)...
Post a Comment