20.1.08

BYB Sunday! Catching up!

Photo of the Day
BBC Radio Tees, Friday.




“It's not true I had nothing on, I had the radio on.”

Marilyn Monroe

The visit to the Radio went well, I really enjoyed meeting Alex Hall, the presenter.
I was listening to Radio Tees as I made the journey to Middlesbrough and I felt Alex put people at ease when she chatted to them on air. I would think this is a great talent and skill of good radio presenters.

To see Alex talk about her show click on the link from here

It was to be the case. I signed in at the reception and one of the techno-guys, Chris collected me and took me into the studio. I met Alex and within a few seconds I felt at ease.

We chatted about my new venture, my Living memorials and had a really good time.

Alex asked me to go on the show again, in March.
There is a special feature on featuring love between parents and children.




This was the reception area.




and this was the friendly receptionist.


Any organisation has many members, and what became obvious at Radio Tees was everybody seemed so friendly, helpful and enthusiastic about what they did. I enjoyed myself so much and look forward to the next visit.

My friends and family listened to the interview, telling me I sounded great.
Well they would wouldn't they! LOL!


Meanwhile back at the ranch....................

This is what my desk looks like as we speak!




One of my wedding commissions, for Catherine and Andrew, who are getting married on May 25th.



I spent yesterday in my study, but now just have some finishing off to do, then it will just be a case of packing up the entire order.

I must say this is the favourite part of the exercise to me.
I so much enjoy the parcelling up of the cards, envelopes, invitations, RSVP's etc etc...
then there is the delivering and seeing the looks on the faces of the couple.
It really brings home the fact they are getting married and the wheels are in motion!

Talking of wheels......
we wont be having a bike adventure today.
There is thick fog covering the Moors and a definate drizzle of rain.
We will take a rain check after lunch, but I am not raising my hopes too much.

So on this BYB Sunday I am blessed with a warm home, a home where I can work in my study , contented with my little part of the universe!


Thus humble let me live and die,
Nor long for Midas' golden touch;
If Heaven more generous gifts deny,
I shall not miss them much,--
Too grateful for the blessing lent
Of simple tastes and mind content!

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Happy Sunday!

25 comments:

Nessa said...

Your stationary is beautiful. Your radio interview sounds like an exciting and fun experience.

Shammickite said...

Congratulations on becoming a media star! I'm sure I'd be tripping over my tongue if I was ever interviewed on the radio. I once had the opportunity to be on the TV news with an interview about the house that burnt down next to mine, but I chickened out!!

Daryl said...

This is such a pleasure, getting to know you ...

dot said...

Happy Sunday to you Denise!
I know first hand how beautiful your cards are because I won one last year!

i beati said...

our headder and invites splendiforous

imac said...

good show, our cards go well to Julie had a great day at AP travel.

ChrisJ said...

I really like that poem by Oliver Wendell Holmes. God has blessed me with far more than I ever expected, looked for or deserved.

CG said...

Sounds an inspired idea (the Living Memorials)

Anonymous said...

Happy BYB Sunday

Anonymous said...

Sound that your life is as you want it. Congratulations on your success with your business, your interview and your positivity.

zakscloset said...

thanks for the bbc tour! very precious. and i love the marilyn monroe quote at the beginning!

KaiBlue said...

I adore your weeding stationary Denise, you talented little doll you!!
Lovely post about your visit to the radio station.. Do we ask for autographs? lol..

Peace and light, Kai xx

SandyCarlson said...

Your cards are beautiful. It must be nice once you decide on a plan for a card to set about making them. Good luck with your new venture, and congratulations on catching air time!

Paulie said...

And I am sure that your "work" is a blessing to those who hire you! Happy BYB Sunday. Glad I checked back!cvso

Outhouse Capital of Canada said...

Fancy looking reception area at the BBC, what is behind the glass panel, a Display of some sort?

You left a comment on my blog about having lost an email from me, but I have no email to you in my sent file. but may have said something about my Grandmother who lived at Acklam.

Sandi McBride said...

woo hoo...now that you are famous can I name drop?
hugs
Sandi

RUTH said...

Hi Denise, I've just been listening to it on BBCi...well done...you sounded so professional ...though I'd never thought of you as indescisive!
Rx

AVCr8teur said...

Now you're famous in the radio world too. Maybe you can get a copy of the interview and stream it on your site? :D

Sharon said...

Wow, that's cool that you had a radio interview! I hope it proves to be benificial to you as well as fun. I love the cards you show here. I would like to see some of your Living Memorials.

Anonymous said...

:) I just love your stationary! Thank you for sharing all of that with us! Congradulations on your interview!!!! Your famous! Wonderful post! *HUGS*

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

THanks for the link yu sent us! Mummy enjoyd lissnin to the programme!

We went to the website but the link from there to yor blog abowt it duzzent werk-? Thort yu shud kno!

Yor stationery looks luvly. (Gerly, but very clever. Hehehe.)

:@D

Anonymous said...

Nice cards!
Good luck with your new venture!

Alexander
Alex's World! - http://www.kakinan.com/alex

Silly Goose said...

I love the Marilyn Monroe quote. Now I ask, was she really dumb or was she really, really smart?

Tracey Smith said...

Hello chick!

Delighted it all went well - sounded like you had a right giggle...!

Well proud of you,
Chick xxx

paintandink said...

Such beautiful cards.

Can we listen to your interview online? I tried to find a link on the site but no luck.

I'm rather fond of radio, as you might imagine :) My dad got his start in radio broadcasting, and my initials, entirely coincidentally were AMFM pre-marriage.