11.1.08

Skywatch Friday!



On this particular day i had set out for school inmy car.
Only a matter of minutes and the snow started to fall.
My car ground to a halt and I phoned Jon.
He came in the 4x4 and rescued me.
The car stayed by the side of the road, totally incapable of going anywhere.

I could not get to school, the roads were closed.

Later in the day Jon came home from work and suggested we drive on the moors in the pick up.
These were the views..........totally awesome.

In some cases we were the first vehicle to drive in the snow.

/a>











<

42 comments:

Marie said...

Amazing photos! Beautiful!

dot said...

Fantastic! I want snow!!

Julie said...

Beautiful photos Denise!

Galla Creek said...

Your skys make me sooooooo
cold.

Shammickite said...

Lovely pictures!
If you can believe it, you have more snow than we do here in S. Ontario, Canada, at the moment!!

Paulie said...

I am sooo jealous of your snow! That cross is interesting too. We had a tornado set down today.

SandyCarlson said...

How very beautiful, Denise. I love it. It must be great to be with someone who has a sense of adventure and a love for the beautiful! God bless.

Andrea said...

Wow, beautiful. Can you send some of that snow down to Georgia.

Sharon said...

Beautiful and cold, pictures. I love that cross out in the middle of the snow.

Annie said...

What a cold and nearly barren landscape and the cross is particularly striking there. Is this kind of weather unusual?

RUTH said...

I hadn't realised how much snow some parts of the UK have had. None here....quite envious as it looks beautiful. Take care though, stay warm
Rx

photowannabe said...

Delicious photos Denise. Sorry no school but your alturnative is great.

FO - 2 said...

Snow and sunshine. That gives an amazing light! :)
I love the last shot. Great! :)

Rune Eide said...

Sun and snow and sky in Yorkshire - You have covered all this weeks topics in one post

PS Thanks for nice comments!

Cathrine said...

:-))) beautiful !

Suzi-k said...

oh how wonderful, it must have been SUCH fun!

Nessa said...

I want snow, too. It's so pretty.

gaz said...

wonderful shots - thanks for sharing.

Ali said...

Fantastic photo's Denise, it looks like something from the Artic!!

Kerri Farley said...

Fab shots Mrs. Nesbitt!! I LOVE that cross.

Is it common for you to get lots of snow??

Angie said...

Wonderful photos.Absolutely beautiful.

Sandi McBride said...

I don't know why I love snow so much...but I do...we don't get a lot, but when we do, we don't go anywhere...thanks for the reminder! Oh, and that is an absolutely beautiful German Shepherd! (Or Alsatian, lol)


Sandi

Tom said...

Beautiful set of pictures and from a beautiful part of the world I may add..

Have a great weekend.

DigitalShutterMania said...

awesome photos for this sky watch friday.

Cheers,
DSM

bcmomtoo said...

It looks cold! All our snow melted, and then it snowed again last night. Luckily the roads weren't too bad, and we all made it home safely.

I especially like that second to last picture.

Yolanda said...

I love these photos. Thanks for sharing them.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos. No snow here in the south west, just a little bit would be very nice :-)

Misty DawnS said...

Wow! Those shots are absolutely awesome!

Mike's Travels said...

Lovely clean and bright photos. Send some snow down here please!

KaiBlue said...

I love the yorkshire mooors in winter. Dad lives there and Mum lives near Dartmoor and it's bleak and beautiful too.. What do I get, downtown Dayton..teehee..

Oh well, I'll be back one day..
PEace, Kai xx

Kahshe Cottager said...

It looks so cold! What a beautiful photo!

Sandy Kessler said...

very profound that cross in the starkness- loved it ibeat

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

To live amongst such beauty is truly a wonderous thing. However I do not envy the snow--even though I live in Connecticut (smile)

lv2scpbk said...

Beautiful photos but I'd rather have warm sunny weather.

NYCindividual said...

These are absolutely beautiful! The first one looks like a cross in the middle of the antartic or north pole and the rest are great too! I especially like the one where the snow is blowing around like mist. Looks like a great place to live!

ChrisJ said...

I know you are a busy lady and you get a lot of comments, but I would love to know where the cross is and what it was put up for. If you have time, stop by my blog and see what the Brid Free Press is up to.
I visit you all the time and so enjoy your posts. Glad we don't have snow though!

Rhondi said...

Wow that's a lot of snow. I didn't know you got that much snow in England! Just wandering around blgoland and ended up here. My husband and I love to visit England. We've been there many times over the years. Rhondi

Akelamalu said...

You did get a lot of snow! We haven't had any at all - yet.

Love the photos.

CyberCelt said...

Those are gorgeous pictures. What is Ralph's Cross?

Andree said...

Those are gorgeous. Especially the wind-swept snow. I love taking dogs in the snow. They are so totally happy in snow storms. Beautiful work. Mind is here.

Max-e said...

Lovely pictures - I get cold just looking at the scenery

paintandink said...

Great photos...

We might get an inch of snow tonight. I'm not holding my breath, though.