Photo of the Day
13.01.08
Jon, my husband.
13.01.08
Jon, my husband.
I am blessed with a wonderful husband.
Today I was exhibiting at a local Wedding Fayre at Grinkle Hall Hotel.
For keen Hearbeat fans it was last week's location.
As I was talking to future brides and husbands it was great to see the excitement and anticipation written all over their faces.
The music was playing from one of the exhibitors speakers and when I was quiet I was thinking of the good marriage I have been blessed with and the fact we celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary in June. I thought of Jon, working in the workshop whilst I was at the wedding fayre.
A Husband...
A husband should be
Loyal and honest
A husband should be
Strong and protective
A husband should be
Loving and romantic
A husband should be
Patient and understanding
A husband should know
When enough is enough
A husband should know
When to fight and when to cry
A husband should know
all your goals and dreams
A husband should know
your strengths and well as your weaknesses
A husband needs to be a true man
A husband needs to love you unconditionally
A husband needs to know your heart is forever his
sarah holmes
A husband should be
Loyal and honest
A husband should be
Strong and protective
A husband should be
Loving and romantic
A husband should be
Patient and understanding
A husband should know
When enough is enough
A husband should know
When to fight and when to cry
A husband should know
all your goals and dreams
A husband should know
your strengths and well as your weaknesses
A husband needs to be a true man
A husband needs to love you unconditionally
A husband needs to know your heart is forever his
sarah holmes
As I drove home I thought of our warm home which we both love so much.
Now we are "In for the Night!" LOL!
Thanks for all of the comments about my pictures.
They were taken on the Casteton Road, heading towards Hutton le Hole, the most desolate part of the Moors.
The Cross is "Ralph's Cross"
This is the story....
Ralph was a guide for the nuns at the Cistercian Priory of Rosedale when they needed to journey across the moors. One cold, snowy day whilst out walking on the moors, he saw a hand sticking out of the snow. At once he stopped and dug down into the snow, to find the frozen dead body of a man. Ralph recognized the man as a traveling workman - he used to travel from farm to farm, looking for jobs to do. Unfortunately, this time the man had made the fatal mistake of stopping for a rest and falling asleep in the snow.
Ralph was so upset about the death of this man that he erected a big cross, with an ‘R’ carved onto the front of it. Only a few miles further on was an inn called The Lion Inn (which is still there today), so if the workman had seen the cross he would have know he was nearly at a place of shelter. Ralph made a hollow in the top of the cross so that rich people could leave money for poor people to take, so they could afford food or even a room at The Lion Inn.
Ralph’s Cross is still there today, on the road between Castleton and The Lion Inn. However, if you’re rich and you take the money then legend has it that you will meet a nasty end. A fog will descend and you’ll start walking, unable to stop until you walk off the edge of a cliff! At the bottom of the cliff lie many skeletons with little piles of money next to them.
18 comments:
Beautiful poem. I am blessed with a wonderful husband. We were both so young when we married and neither knew how to be a husband or wife. But our love was strong enough to make it last 32 years now.
Your husband has a loving face. You are indeed blessed! Happy BYB Sunday!
Good portrait there.
Your husband looks like he laughs and smiles a lot. A good thing.
What a sweet post! I hope Jon read it.
Nice story about the cross.
A very moving post: we celebrate 20 years in April. It's not all been plain sailing but we are very blessed.
I didn't get to all the BYB posts yesterday, including yours soooooooo I am glad I came back to read this one especially! What a moving essay! I don't think I will forget it ever. Thank you for sharing. Indeed, your husband is a blessing!
Such a lovely post...wish I had dropped in yesterday!
hugs
Sandi
Thanks for visiting my blog the other day. I just posted a pic of our newest family member. Check her out!
Sweet portrait of your Hubby and I love the poem.
Its obvious there's lots of love there.
On Jan.31 My husband and I celebrate 44 years. I sometimes wonder how that's possible...
That's a beautiful Sunday blessing, Denise. Thanks for sharing it. It's always great when the beauty around you reminds you of what you hold in your hand and your heart. God bless!
I finally figured out what BYB stood for! Your husband sounds like like a keeper. Oh and I love the pictures of snow on the moors from the previous post.
Things are improving in my neck of the woods, by the way :-)
We are truely blessed to have found our special man!
Interesting read about Ralph's Cross.
Congratulations on 20 years. We will be 40 years in March..!
this is such a moving post...i love the poem (if i ever get another husband, i will tell him this is what he needs to do)...but the story of ralph's cross touches my heart...i am adding it to the places i want to see before i die...blessings today, rebecca
nice post Denise, yes, a good husband is a thing to be treasured, and a great relationship is not to be taken for granted!
Over here in BC, we are one series behind with Heartbeat. In last weeks episode, Bellamy has just collapsed and died after all those years on the show.
All british TV shows seem to be behind and we do seem to get them all and they are much better to watch than the American stuff.
We have been married over 40 years and never an argument, just lots of "Yes Dear"
Post a Comment