
Photo of the Day
27.01.08
Our Bike, Sutton Visitors Centre CarPark, a couple of hours ago.
27.01.08
Our Bike, Sutton Visitors Centre CarPark, a couple of hours ago.
Yes, our bike is 2 years old today.
The weather forecast was correct for once, promising today would be better than yesterday.
We did manage to get out yesterday, but we were watching the skies all of the time.
Today we went to Helmsely and then we went for a little adventure.
We stopped at the visitor's centre on Sutton Bank but the skies were quite misty, too misty for a photograph of the valley, but the sky directly above us was blue.
We were heading towards Thirsk but we decided to go down a country road we had never been on before and came to a couple of lovely villages.
We had a great time, both yesterday and today.
I decided to take part in Blog Your Blessings Sunday a few weeks ago.
Sunday is the day we try to keep free so we can go out on the motorbike and this is where I do my thinking and planning. I also do a great deal of reflecting.
We are so fortunate in being in an area which has so many wonderful scenes.
It is when I see these views I realise how truly blessed we are.
Today was no exception.
As we travelled along I could see evidence of Spring!
This really lifted my spirits and I remembered I had found evidence in our own garden yesterday....
The spring is coming by a many signs;
The trays are up, the hedges broken down
That fenced the haystack, and the remnant shines
Like some old antique fragment weathered brown.
And where suns peep, in every sheltered place,
The little early buttercups unfold
A glittering star or two - till many trace
The edges of the blackthorn clumps in gold.
And then a little lamb bolts up behind
The hill, and wags his tail to meet the yoe;
And then another, sheltered from the wind,
Lies all his length as dead - and lets me go
Close by, and never stirs, but basking lies,
With legs stretched out as though he could not rise.
John Clare
The trays are up, the hedges broken down
That fenced the haystack, and the remnant shines
Like some old antique fragment weathered brown.
And where suns peep, in every sheltered place,
The little early buttercups unfold
A glittering star or two - till many trace
The edges of the blackthorn clumps in gold.
And then a little lamb bolts up behind
The hill, and wags his tail to meet the yoe;
And then another, sheltered from the wind,
Lies all his length as dead - and lets me go
Close by, and never stirs, but basking lies,
With legs stretched out as though he could not rise.
John Clare
So today, I am remembering the joys of nature, we are indeed blessed with beauty on our doorstep!
Now tomorrow I am on a mission.......
I will tell you more on Wednesday so make sure you come back and visit!
I have something so exciting to share.........
it is something beginning with B!
Watch this space!
Now tomorrow I am on a mission.......
I will tell you more on Wednesday so make sure you come back and visit!
I have something so exciting to share.........
it is something beginning with B!
Watch this space!
29 comments:
Such a beautiful countryside .. sort of but not quite reminds me of Vermont .. and I am so heartened by those sprouting leaves .. I ache for spring and here in NYC the winter is far from over ..
Love your pictures today but just can't bring myself to say Happy Birthday to a bike. lol
See you WEDNESDAY!!
Yea, Sutton Bank.We'll soon be in that area in feb.
Gosh, that's stunning, Mrs. N. Seems about the best day this year for being out on the bike!
Please have a look at our brand new forum, farmingtalk.co.uk if you have time, the next generation's been really busy creating it, still ongoing,I might add.
Lv.Mrs GH.
so many bikes out today, made me quite jealous as we are still waiting on a spare part for the Guzzi-made up for it by going to watch the sandracing.
I am glad you are not trapped in by snow and that the bike is doing well.
Oh, there are so many blessings in your post today. The lovely village scene, the flowers coming up, the bike celebrating its birthday with a ride on unfamiliar roadways. Denise, such a fine post. Now, go find a hot tub.
Oh how lovely, snowdrops. A true sign of spring. My neighbour's lawn will be full of hundreds of them when the snow melts, but sadly that won't be until late March or early April.
I already told her.... about doggy Wilma that is!
If I ever am brave enough to get on an airplane again, I will visit Great Britain in February. It is so lovely and spring-like there now! I am just amazed and can feel the excitement all the way over here.
Nice adventure -- visiting new places is a blessing and the fact that you had nice weather too!
I am hoping for a snowstorm that is supposed to be coming in here tonight and tomorrow morning. I hope they are right -- I can hardly wait. Please don't rush spring.
Oh I love all of England and wish I could live there at least for a while. My friends (in Andover) keep a map in the car for when they go on adventures. Last time I was there, they took me down winding lanes and we ended up in Marlborough, a lovely market town where we stopped for tea. Here we're always driving on the freeways to get anywhere and that's not even close to being the same thing.
Nice pictures (esp of the cottage).
One thing that would be really cool to see is a pic of someone riding a motorcycle (hey, anonymity, nuff said) --- a motorcycle is one of those things that reveals itself when it used. Sorta like a violin or a piano.
Your header is so beautiful! Isn't it exciting looking for signs of spring? I found my "spring" in the grocery store the other day: daffodils! I purchased them and put them into a beautiful dark indigo vase, and they are my springtime joy every time I look at them. Mahalo for your visit.
Happy Birthday to your bike!
I have a bike too that is about the same age as your bike, but being a bad owner I don't exactly remember it's birth date.
Looking forward to hear your news on Wednesday! Happy BYB Sunday and have a great week ahead.
When its sunny we certainly live in a beautiful country but when it rains...... well, least said!!!!!!
Wow, these are beautiful pictures. I love the one with the fence the best. Looks like you had a beautiful day to ride that "birthday" bike.
Hi Denise,
Well happy birthday from me (to your bike too?) I think that i understood that your bike is celebrating it birthday... Can I join the ABC wednesday from coming wednesday, starting with a B? How can I join-in? Must I sigin somewhere? Thsi is my blogsite www.joannwalraven.blogspot.com, see you ( or hear from you on or after) on wednesday ( I hope)
I love your pictures Denise:)
Greetings from Dutch JoAnn
beautiful! it rained all day sunday here. it was beautiful. we needed it very bad. we are suppose to get more I think. :) have a great week!!
Lucky you. Here in Norway it is too cold for biking. I`m waiting for springtime
Yeah for Spring! People think we have spring all year round here, and in some senses we do. But the sooner spring gets here the sooner I can sit out on my patio again.
There are such beautiful villages in Yorkshire, and some you have to go off the beaten track to find them. Have you ever been to Speeton? (Near Bempton) You have to go off the main road and look for the tiny 12 century church. There is a duck pond and usually it is full of spring flowers. Just a tiny spot but SO beautiful.
I love being in the country and not in the big city...nature's noise is so much more entertaining, don't you think? Great pics
Sandi
Lucky, lucky you with spring shoots to admire. We're still in the middle of winter here in Kansas. And what lovely villages! Blessings indeed.
those are some really pretty photos, would make a nice puzzle.
And yes Happy Birthday to the Bike
Its so wonderful they way you can get out, explore and just appreciate the nature around you. Beautiful.
Can't wait till Wednesday to see what you have for us.
Spring is coming.
I love that area.
Once we walked from the visitor's centre on Sutton Bank down to a small lake at the bottom of the bank. Coming back up was sheer hell!
Last Sunday we found ourselves up at Corbridge and it was very sunny there too.
Got here through Maria's Argument Cottage blog.
Great photos.
Beautiful the photographs, so much the ducks, and the new flowers that brings the spring. Good and with safety ways with your bike.
love your Spring promise-and trails for riding - awesome
Post a Comment